46 minutes ago, apoudel35 said:

hi there 

i applied 186 trt on 18th march and my timeline is

186 nomination applied 18th march 2019

visa applied 19th march 2019

nomination approved on 21st march 2019

and on 25th march they sent the s56 letter stating me to undergo medical examination 

i sumitted the medical on 30th march so what i am curious is are they rapidly processing the applications .has anyone been through same case like me ?

what is your occupation please ?? 

2 hours ago, Hex said:

@apoudel35 So, what you're saying is that - in theory (if you had already uploaded a medical).

You would have possibly got your nomination and visa approved and granted within 7 days of application?!?

Seems like that case officer has already been assigned and medical was requested by case officer 

Hi, 

i just wanted to know if your traffic offences create any problem in your visa. I have had mid range driving and driving while license suspended 2 years back before before I even got my 457. Now I am waiting for 186 and this is stressing me out. Anyone knows anything about this ? Thankyou !! 

2 minutes ago, lulumanda said:

just now I check again and seem it's already updated to 13 to13 months,I DE,  will wait longer now,sad🤣

We both are already past even the 13 months timeline 🙂 Hopefully not too much of a wait now.. 

20 minutes ago, Chelsea98 said:

Hi, 

i just wanted to know if your traffic offences create any problem in your visa. I have had mid range driving and driving while license suspended 2 years back before before I even got my 457. Now I am waiting for 186 and this is stressing me out. Anyone knows anything about this ? Thankyou !! 

@Chelsea98 My understanding is that it would affect your visa, in the sense that the CO will be required to investigate it and any further issues since (if there are any).

This page has a decent summary: https://migrationdownunder.com/criminal-convictions-can-affect-visa-application/ 

I suspect that you would have had this included in your 457 visa application, meaning it would have already been reviewed and would make it easier for the CO to move past.
- If, however, this was not on your 457 application, then you may (likely) have an issue as the CO would then ask and want to know why it was not provided initially. 
-- This would require a good reason 🙂 

If you're honest and have provided everything required (on both applications), with no subsequent offences, then you should be fine.
- They are more interested in serious offenses and repeat offenders. 

Please update your signature (https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/) with your timeline. 

Good luck, keep us posted. 

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chelsea98 said:

Hi, 

Hi - did you declare them on your 457 visa application?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/character

It is hard to say the immi website says that may not meet character requirements if you have a substantial criminal record.  I am sure this is for more serious crimes though. As long as you are honest about your criminal convictions etc - you may need to provide a stat declaration explaining the traffic offence.

Congrats.... that's good news and gives us hope and keeps us motivated...

Guys, I just cried in my office - my visa just got granted!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unbelievable, I am in total shock. Something crazy is happening over there at the moment, I hope you all benefit too

9 minutes ago, Kaaaaaaaaate said:

Unbelievable, I am in total shock. Something crazy is happening over there at the moment, I hope you all benefit too

Congrats i also had my nomination approved in 3 days they asked for medicals and i've sumitted and just waiting for 28 days to pass and hopefully mine will also come soon .congratsss again yayyyyy💥💥💥

52 minutes ago, Chelsea98 said:

Hi, 

Did you got convicted in court?

55 minutes ago, Kaaaaaaaaate said:

Thats a very good news many congratulations to you. Just a question did u receive that email regarding the allocation of decision maker shortly? From DoHa

1 hour ago, apoudel35 said:

Congrats i also had my nomination approved in 3 days they asked for medicals and i've sumitted and just waiting for 28 days to pass and hopefully mine will also come soon .congratsss again yayyyyy💥💥💥

Do you work in Immigration Kitchen???? Just curious 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, melal said:

Thats a very good news many congratulations to you. Just a question did u receive that email regarding the allocation of decision maker shortly? From DoHa

Thanks - no, I didn't. I also didn't wait for medicals etc to be requested but just uploaded them when I applied.

@Suusz, I really hope you get some news soon. I know it must be hard to hear other people's news when you are still waiting (I had so many months of nightmares getting my nomination in, and with the original 457 application,  I can only imagine what 2 years of that is like).

I hope whatever is happening means that everyone's timelines move forward faster than before though. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tuti said:

Did you got convicted in court?

Yes I went to court aswell and was fined. This happen before I got my 457 and after I have already applied my 457. I got my 457 visa 4 days after I went to court. So I could not even let the immigration know. Coz I was waiting for court hearing. 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@Chelsea98 My understanding is that it would affect your visa, in the sense that the CO will be required to investigate it and any further issues since (if there are any).

This page has a decent summary: https://migrationdownunder.com/criminal-convictions-can-affect-visa-application/ 

I suspect that you would have had this included in your 457 visa application, meaning it would have already been reviewed and would make it easier for the CO to move past.
- If, however, this was not on your 457 application, then you may (likely) have an issue as the CO would then ask and want to know why it was not provided initially. 
-- This would require a good reason 🙂 

If you're honest and have provided everything required (on both applications), with no subsequent offences, then you should be fine.
- They are more interested in serious offenses and repeat offenders. 

Please update your signature (https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/) with your timeline. 

Good luck, keep us posted. 

Yes I went to court aswell and was fined. This happen before I got my 457 and after I have already applied my 457. I got my 457 visa 4 days after I went to court. So I could not even let the immigration know. Coz I was waiting for court hearing. 

18 minutes ago, Chelsea98 said:

It is probably something that you should still have notified them of - as you were aware of the court appearance date prior to your 457 was granted.

Time will tell, once you ahve been assigned a Case Officer it is likely that they will request more information regarding this - maybe a statutory declaration