8 minutes ago, Andytomas said:

Hey guys,

I read an article regarding the email that some of us received from Immi saying that our application will be opened shortly.

It say that the Immi want to open/grant as much as possible application for PR before the end of the financial year, due to the fact that from July, as all of us knows, the number of applications annually will be reduced.

Can you please share the article?

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

My visa was granted this early morning.  Thrilled. 

Details please see my signature. 

I want to say thanks to the forum. We have a lot of generous people who contribute here. I also want to thank @Hex. Though we never talked directly on the forum but you helped me with all the information you have been sharing 🙂 .   Also your forecast regarding the typical wait time (30 to 40 days)  after CO requests more documents kept me sane during the last 30 days.

This is a gift before my birthday and before my trip to Bali this weekend.

All the best to everyone, Your VISA is coming.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 20

17 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

@Sure - I have looked back at your posts, it appears you need to organise the medical for your child?  Was this already completed?  If you provide some more information we can probably help or as I mentioned above you can ring the general immigration helpline.

Hi @sydneyishuk,

Yes I have completed medicals to my kid in November 2018. I can see that medicals got cleared to my kid when I login to my medical application.

Medical application:

image.png.0cbbbb3cac648af60e0bc575654cfe8d.png

But, when I login to my PR application it is still showing as "Organise Medical check". So I am confused and thinking the HAPID mapped to my kid might be wrong and need to be updated. Could you please help me if you know anything like this. Thanks.

My PR Application screen shot:

image.png.52beb28c18ff1d5ab4203804847fdf8f.png

1 hour ago, Kiwibayer said:

but don't bet on it 

I was asked for updated police certs on the 28th of Feb; uploaded everything by the 8th of March. 
Still waiting ... 

41 days so far

Hey. Did they only request for updated NZ police certificate? I’m not sure how long it takes them to verify NZ police certificates, as it seems that MOJ is pretty slow.

Edited by Fung

12 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hey. Did they only request for updated NZ police certificate? I’m not sure how long it takes them to verify NZ police certificates, as it seems that MOJ is pretty slow.

NZ and Australian, 

I used the MOJ homepage to request it and yes it's slow. 
However, unlike Australia, NZ has methods to speed things up. 

i.e. you can get a faster MOJ via https://www.veritascheck.co.nz/faq 
It will cost you a bit more though.

1 minute ago, Kiwibayer said:

NZ and Australian, 

I used the MOJ homepage to request it and yes it's slow. 
However, unlike Australia, NZ has methods to speed things up. 

i.e. you can get a faster MOJ via https://www.veritascheck.co.nz/faq 
It will cost you a bit more though.

Did you use that fast method? I think you can only get a clean state certificate if you use third party service, not a full record one. However DoHA requires a full record one.

1 minute ago, Fung said:

Did you use that fast method? I think you can only get a clean state certificate if you use third party service, not a full record one. However DoHA requires a full record one.

I used both options.

There is another paper that immigration requires you to sign that allows them to get in contact with MOJ for further clarifications if required.
Your CO should tell you if that's required. 

anyways, there isn't really any point in trying to speed this up as the department of immigration doesn't seem to look at the files till 28 days after request (or over 40 days in my case). 

9 minutes ago, Kiwibayer said:

I used both options.

There is another paper that immigration requires you to sign that allows them to get in contact with MOJ for further clarifications if required.
Your CO should tell you if that's required. 

anyways, there isn't really any point in trying to speed this up as the department of immigration doesn't seem to look at the files till 28 days after request (or over 40 days in my case). 

Yes, I know. But I’m more concerned about how long it takes DoHA to verify NZ police certificates, as it seems to be an unique step for DoHA to verify it with MOJ (for which the MOJ consent form is used) that only applies to NZ police certificates.

13 minutes ago, Fung said:

You can ring MOJ that you need it for visa soon, then they can get it done faster (no extra cost in my case). Typical wait time is 4 weeks (which is tight when the timeframe to submit additional docs to immi is also 4 weeks), but got mine done in a week.

and yes, as kiwibayer says, the bottleneck is aus immigration. If they implement a massive queue system and let us know the queue number, that would have been very nice (at least I would know where my application sits!)

Hi guys,

Have a question when your nomination is approved so you get a message on your immigration account. 

We had a request for more information 32 days ago for both the visa and nomination applications. 

My visa application is still showing received, wondering if I will be notified if the nomination is approved?

Getting nervous now as most people are requested for documents after their nomination is approved, and wondering why I've been before nomination is approved or that the status on my Visa is changed.

Just now, Cbyrne11 said:

Hi guys,

Have a question when your nomination is approved so you get a message on your immigration account. 

We had a request for more information 32 days ago for both the visa and nomination applications. 

My visa application is still showing received, wondering if I will be notified if the nomination is approved?

Getting nervous now as most people are requested for documents after their nomination is approved, and wondering why I've been before nomination is approved or that the status on my Visa is changed.

Hi - no you will not be alerted by immigration regarding the nomination.  As that is separate and your company will be notified of this - or if the company used MA for nomination application then the MA will be notified.

• Like 1

Hi @Sure

No I have not heard of this before.  What has your MA said about it?

You could try contacting the general query number for migration - as I have heard of them being able to give HAP IDs etc...  Call them on 131 881

Is there any correspondence in the messages section of your immi account?  If not - you may just need to wait it out until you are assigned a CO and they ask for your child's medical  - then you can explain the mix up ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi - no you will not be alerted by immigration regarding the nomination.  As that is separate and your company will be notified of this - or if the company used MA for nomination application then the MA will be notified.

Thanks, guess it saves me checking the messages on my immi account 5 times a day, I emailed my MA on Monday to see that everything was submitted on time for the nomination and haven't heard back which is making me nervous.

39 minutes ago, Tjacob said:

@Kiwibayer we are in the same boat . Waiting for CO to look back into our file . Hopefully they have the MOJ consent back now . Mine is being processed by ViC Pese 

Details in my signature . 

Interesting, have you seen any indication on how long the MOJ consent takes?
haven't considered this at all.

4 hours ago, Andytomas said:

Hey guys,

I read an article regarding the email that some of us received from Immi saying that our application will be opened shortly.

It say that the Immi want to open/grant as much as possible application for PR before the end of the financial year, due to the fact that from July, as all of us knows, the number of applications annually will be reduced.

Could you please share the article link in here so that everyone can read what’s going on. Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sure said:

Hi @sydneyishuk,

Yes I have completed medicals to my kid in November 2018. I can see that medicals got cleared to my kid when I login to my medical application.

Medical application:

image.png.0cbbbb3cac648af60e0bc575654cfe8d.png

But, when I login to my PR application it is still showing as "Organise Medical check". So I am confused and thinking the HAPID mapped to my kid might be wrong and need to be updated. Could you please help me if you know anything like this. Thanks.

My PR Application screen shot:

image.png.52beb28c18ff1d5ab4203804847fdf8f.png

Everytime I login to my ImmiAccount, there's a message saying to disregard action required flag if you already provided information for health assessment (and other things), as it's a known system issue that is currently being investigated. Could it be applicable to your case? Do you see this message as well when you login?

Hi everyone, thank you to this forum and i understand a lot about my situation even though the application is managed by MA. 

My status is updated as per my signature. On 4 April I got asked to provide further information - medical check (done), AFP (waiting) and home country CGC (waiting).

I read from the previous threads that after Bridging visa is granted, i can apply for temp Medicare. I was wondering can i apply even though my bridging visa shows Not Active because my 457 is still valid?

Thanks guys! 🙂

5 minutes ago, syc15 said:

Hi everyone, thank you to this forum and i understand a lot about my situation even though the application is managed by MA. 

My status is updated as per my signature. On 4 April I got asked to provide further information - medical check (done), AFP (waiting) and home country CGC (waiting).

I read from the previous threads that after Bridging visa is granted, i can apply for temp Medicare. I was wondering can i apply even though my bridging visa shows Not Active because my 457 is still valid?

Thanks guys! 🙂

Welcome @syc15

Yes, you can go into the Medicare office now that your application is lodged. Bring with you your passport, and IMMI letter of acknowledgement of PR lodgement. 
I have done this, while still on my 457, and received temporary Medicare card before I left the centre. They post you out an actual card in a few days.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, syc15 said:

Thank you @playitbyear Did you also cancel your OVHC right after you received your actual card or you think it is good to wait application is finalised with grant?

@syc15 As an Irish resident I was not required to obtain private health cover, due to the reciprocal agreement in place between the two countries. I've read other posters have advised to keep your health insurance, as it is a requirement of your current 457 visa.

• Thanks 1

Does CO asks for information multiple times? I mean for the first time in their s56 request checklist, they needed me to complete health check, which I have now provided, will they run a scan again asking for more information and other documents and prolong the application for further 28 days?

3 minutes ago, karsheka said:

Does CO asks for information multiple times? I mean for the first time in their s56 request checklist, they needed me to complete health check, which I have now provided, will they run a scan again asking for more information and other documents and prolong the application for further 28 days?

Hi - welcome, please update your signature - to share your timeline (instructions are in my signature)

No, usually your application is looked at, so if they require any further details then they request all what is needed in the request s56.  I would say it would be very unlikely for them to ask multiple times, as not efficient..... But I wouldn't rule it out.

State: 
Visa type: 
Applicants: 
Nomination lodged: 
Visa lodged: 

IMMI Status

• Like 1