2 hours ago, WZR said:

Hi everyone,

I have been deliberating about whether I should share my story here but thought I would in case it could be helpful to someone. I was incredibly fortunate to have my PR granted just a bit over 2 months after applying. I am a University Lecturer (research fellow) under the 186 DE stream.

My application was submitted by my university's migration lawyers on 22nd Jan 2019 and the nomination was surprisingly approved 6 weeks later on 6th Mar 2019. This was when the department asked for further information (health exams). I initially wanted to wait 3-4 months before going for my health exam so that it wouldn't expire before my application was processed - but I really didn't expect them to process my application so quickly. My health exam results were posted to the department on the 14 Mar 2019 and my immi status did not change from 'Received' though I could see that the 'Last updated' date had changed.

And on last Friday 29 Mar 2019 I got my golden email! This was about 15 days after I provided further information and my immi status went straight from 'Received' to 'Finalised'. 

University Lecturer recently got added back to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) in March 2019 so I'm not sure if this had anything to do with my visa being granted so quickly. This means that university lecturers can now apply without employer sponsorship through the 189 skilled independent visa. However, do note that uni lecturers are exempt from skill assessment if applying for 186, but will need a skills assessment from Vetassess if applying for 189. Vetassess announced in Dec 2018 that they are no longer accepting PhD work as work experience for the skills assessment needed for the 189, so if you're a fresh PhD graduate, applying through 186 will still be your only option.

I hope this was helpful or could give hope to someone. I've been a silent reader all this time and wanted to thank all the people who have put in so much effort in answering all the questions that get asked repeatedly. Good luck everyone.

Congratulations mate, even a DE applicant got response with in few weeks.

It's really strange, some are getting thier responses with in three/four months and some are waiting from ages, i could see many applicants are waiting from 15 months and haven't got any update from immi.

6 hours ago, over_the_moon said:

Long time silent reader.

I am in shock, I can't believe it's my turn to say I have received my golden email!

We are so excited to be able to put down roots in this wonderful country and contribute to society.

Birth Country: HR

Stream: ENS DE

Number of applications: 4

Nomination and visa applied 24 October 2018

Visa and nomination approved on the 3rd of April 2019

No further documents requested. One day you simply receive an email from your MA saying congrats and that's it, your life is forever changed. I keep checking my vevo app thinking it's not real.

That’s incredible!  Congrats. Where you on a 457 previously?

• Congratulations 1

10 hours ago, Eva.L said:

Same mine. Nomination approved. Documents requested for visa application 26 of March submitted 27 of March. Status "Received".

Mine request document 26 Feb, provide document 1 March, change to further assessment, still waiting....

The 40 days rule nearly passed... so sad....

By the way, 40 days should be counted from request date or upload document date, Hex?

Edited by HarryWong

Good evening all

I'm just wondering what experience fellow pommies have had with UK Police Check Certificates and turn around times? We’ve paid for the premium (2 working day) service but wondered how quickly they arrive by international courier.

Keen to hear experiences here.

Thanks

Laura

7 minutes ago, Lauraloular said:

Good evening all

I'm just wondering what experience fellow pommies have had with UK Police Check Certificates and turn around times? We’ve paid for the premium (2 working day) service but wondered how quickly they arrive by international courier.

Keen to hear experiences here.

Thanks

Laura

Not long at all, if you ordered via the Premium option earlier this week, should be with you by Friday or the latest Monday

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, amandat said:

That’s incredible!  Congrats. Where you on a 457 previously?

Yes I was. I received our 457 in February 2018 and have been in Australia since. It must be noted, the company I work for is a large IT company that sponsors staff regularly. I suspect it's an easy decision when it's a large company, the nominated occupation is directly aligned with the requirements of the business and the business is in good standing with the department. Our 457's would get approved in 24 hours and other colleagues have also received their ENS 186 DE around the 5 month mark. 

8 minutes ago, over_the_moon said:

Yes I was. I received our 457 in February 2018 and have been in Australia since. It must be noted, the company I work for is a large IT company that sponsors staff regularly. I suspect it's an easy decision when it's a large company, the nominated occupation is directly aligned with the requirements of the business and the business is in good standing with the department. Our 457's would get approved in 24 hours and other colleagues have also received their ENS 186 DE around the 5 month mark. 

I suspect other data points would also provide a better picture with regards to processing times. I do not recommend this information is shared due to privacy concerns but all applicants should logically and subjectively consider:

Language test scores

Length of time working for the company

Salary

Health concerns

Nominated occupation in relation to the industry the company operates in

Residential address (statistically some postal codes may have a lower compliance rates than others)

CV

Reference letters

LinkedIn profile and other online platforms

Country

Other citizenships

I have no doubt an individual with a high level of proficiency in English earning a decent salary with a solid history with an established company that was willing to commit to a DE application (and pay the levy) soon after the 457 with no health concerns would make the decision for a CO easier. Extra points if your LinkedIn profile with 500+ connections confirms the above.

The CO is ultimately a resident just like us with KPI's and their own biases that would ultimately play a role. Some of our documentation expired as an example but the CO used their discretion to push it through because ultimately they knew the result would more than likely be the same and there is no need to clog the system for the sake of bureaucracy.For the record, the documents only recently expired and were still within the discretionary time frame.

These systems become more automated over time and all these individual data points start forming models that will be used to evaluate applications. I suspect the reduced processing time post the SAFe levy has more to do with automation due to the reduction in complexity allowing the CO to perform a quick evaluation before moving on.

That's my 2 cents, your mileage may vary. I am a BA, my brain is wired to deconstruct business processes.

Apologies if the above offends anyone, I am simply providing my insight as an individual that has worked on many similar systems. Immigration for Australia is all about boosting the economy and reducing risk. Each application will be weighted based on their economic contribution (less potential cost) with fraud detection mechanisms built in. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, HarryWong said:

Mine request document 26 Feb, provide document 1 March, change to further assessment, still waiting....

By the way, 40 days should be counted from request date or upload document date, Hex?

@HarryWong From the date of request. 

Hang in there, i'm sure the response is just around the corner! 

Edited by Hex

58 minutes ago, Hex said:

58 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hello everyone,

I got my golden email yesterday,

It was long journey but end result is wonder full. I am happy.

Wish u all the best.

Hope you guys will get golden email soon.

Thanks,

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

On 03/04/2019 at 07:59, Cbyrne11 said:

Yeah, that was the case, seems like they reviewed both the nomination and application and asked for documentation, my application is still listed as "received" but I have requested to provide missing documents. I think @krl is in the same boat, don't see his nomination approved in the spreadsheet.

My MA didn't seem to think it was unusual.

I'm now in the same boat too 🙂 got email from NSW PSE this morning said our application will be handed to a decision maker soon, and advised us to complete police checks (already uploaded), and medicals. 

Still no word from MA on nomination. Hope it runs smoothly from here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HarryWong said:

I hear you mate, 

mine were requested on the 28th of Feb, so I'm on day 35.
Let's see if we get it before day 40. 

Best of luck

18 minutes ago, playitbyear said:

I'm now in the same boat too 🙂 got email from NSW PSE this morning said our application will be handed to a decision maker soon, and advised us to complete police checks (already uploaded), and medicals. 

Still no word from MA on nomination. Hope it runs smoothly from here.

Got same email just now. Does anyone know the timeline from this moment on?

Edited by art

18 minutes ago, art said:

Got same email just now. Does anyone know the timeline from from moment on?

No one knows  - click back a few pages and read a few peoples experiences get an idea of timings  However everyone is different and no one can advise on the time frame... as people have been waiting 40 days + to a year!

9 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi,

Since morning everyone is saying about the email, is this the new process by Immi or was it followed previously as well.

@sachin1983 My MA has said that it is a new process adopted by Dept in order to have applications up to date when they are opened by CO. It's an attempt to avoid any further delays.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi,

Since morning everyone is saying about the email, is this the new process by Immi or was it followed previously as well.

Same question. I know that immi used to send acknowledgment emails when a case officer is assigned. Not sure if that’s still the case, and not sure if MA receives some emails when a CO is assigned.

4 hours ago, Hex said:

Rex,

You are crazy accurate... my visa was just granted! ~~I have just received email from MA this morning, the grant date was actually yesterday! The time when I was still frustrated! DREAM COMES TRUE!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 9

On 02/04/2019 at 11:24, POMMYGAL said:

Ahh I hate to break it to you, but I am now on about 21 months and have had no contact what so ever. 

I have called the immigration number on numerous ocassions and basically, all they say is you just have to wait. I have complained via the immi website too and again all they say is you just have to wait. 

I have heard of people in our occupation being confirmed quicker and I think it could have to do with being under the new Training Fee replacing the benchmarks? But obviously guess in the dark. 

Surely it's any day for me?!

Hi POMMYGAL, can you tell me which number you called the immigration? Thanks a lot

Did anybody receive the email which required you to finish police certificates and heath checks is automatic massage from DHA? And what does “your visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment “ mean? Shortly be allocated means being assessed or not? Thanks

27 minutes ago, Louisa said:

Did anybody receive the email which required you to finish police certificates and heath checks is automatic massage from DHA? And what does “your visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment “ mean? Shortly be allocated means being assessed or not? Thanks

If you read a few posts up a few people have received the same email.

I guess it means your application will be allocated to Case officer shortly. Once its allocated then it will be assessed.

Also please update your signature to include the following;

State: 
Birth Country: 
Stream: 
Number of applicants: 
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  

Edited by sydneyishuk