Hi Everyone,

CO has been assigned to our case. They requested more docs for the company and for police certificates and medicals. How long usually it takes them to re-open or check the file again? I am TRT Accountant, app and nomination submitted in 15 Feb 2018.

Thank you

• Congratulations 4

11 minutes ago, playitbyear said:

Excuse the long post..

It would be awesome if we could return to using this forum to help each other instead of vent frustration with a system outside our control. It should be used to update timelines, share CO requests for info, and help newbies who are beginning the process. We need to offer advice when asked to those lodging without an MA's help, and to those wanting to confirm what their MA has said.

The recent streams of messages of frustration with the system, complaints of processing delays, and the belief that the process is totally unfair, are helping nobody here. I'm sure those messages cannot even give comfort to the poster, only build more anger within. Don't get me wrong, I empathise with all of you. I myself am still in queue. I submitted an EOI for a 189 visa almost 2 years ago and have still not been invited to apply. This 186 TRT is plan B. We need to remember all of the things in life that really are 'unfair'. Turn on 9news in the evening and see what real life 'unfair' looks like. See migrants escaping war for a fresh start be held in asylum centres for years, that's if they make the harsh sea crossing alive. See families torn apart by crisis'; sickness, workplace accidents, car crashes. All of this happens daily.

Apologies for the long read, but I urge you all to leave the visa process, as 'unfair' as you think it is, to the people in charge. Acknowledge that the processing times are a guide only, and that there are 10% of cases that lie outside those times. In years to come, a successful PR holder or not, you will look back at this time and regret being so worked up about something so out if your control. Put your energy into your daily life now, not visa blogs or chat. Peace ✌🏽

@playitbyear Well said and my exact thoughts, especially over the last ± 2 weeks. Here's hoping! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Jacob001 said:

Hi Everyone,

CO has been assigned to our case. They requested more docs for the company and for police certificates and medicals. How long usually it takes them to re-open or check the file again? I am TRT Accountant, app and nomination submitted in 15 Feb 2018.

Thank you

I'm in the same boat, same docs requested on the 8th of March uploaded last week.

I obviously can't say for sure but looking through the spreadsheet I think it's likely that they will open it a couple of days after the 28 days has elapsed. At least that's what I worked out from instances where people had mentioned the date where doc were requested and you could see approvals going through around 30 days later.

Obviously though there were other cases where months went by after requesting documents so I so can't say 100% and this is just my opinion, but at least you know there is some movement in your application now!

Hi, migration asked some documents on the 14th of March, which were provided on the 21st of March. However visa status is still received. Is anyone at same situation? Is it normal that they didn't change status to further assessment? Thank you

1 minute ago, Krl said:

Hi, migration asked some documents on the 14th of March, which were provided on the 21st of March. However visa status is still received. Is anyone at same situation? Is it normal that they didn't change status to further assessment? Thank you

Exact same, mine still says received. My nomination isn't approved so I figured that was why.

Just now, Krl said:

@Krl This is completely normal and expected. 

On average, the CO should take roughly 30-40 days before they will revisit your application and uploaded / updated documents. From here, they could do a number of things:
- Change status
- Grant visa
- Request / refuse application 

It's not uncommon for the status to go from "initial assessment" straight to finalized, if everything is in order. 

My suggestion would be to wait and hope to hear back before the 40 day mark.
- Typically, if it goes past this (it could be a much longer wait) - however, each case is different. 

Positive thoughts! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Krl said:

Yes, a few posts back someone advised that their status never changed it went straight from received to finalized - even though IMMI asked for more information

1 minute ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Exact same, mine still says received. My nomination isn't approved so I figured that was why.

@Cbyrne11 Has your CO already requested documentation from you? As per @Krl's situation? 

Typically, they should only request information from you, once your nomination is approved.
- I don't think I've ever heard of someone get document requests on a visa, before the nomination was reviewed and approved? This would be interesting? 

Just now, Hex said:

@Cbyrne11 Has your CO already requested documentation from you? As per @Krl's situation? 

Typically, they should only request information from you, once your nomination is approved.
- I don't think I've ever heard of someone get document requests on a visa, before the nomination was reviewed and approved? This would be interesting? 

Yeah, that was the case, seems like they reviewed both the nomination and application and asked for documentation, my application is still listed as "received" but I have requested to provide missing documents. I think @krl is in the same boat, don't see his nomination approved in the spreadsheet.

My MA didn't seem to think it was unusual.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Krl said:

Same mine. Nomination approved. Documents requested for visa application 26 of March submitted 27 of March. Status "Received".

Edited by Eva.L

42 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Krl This is completely normal and expected. 

On average, the CO should take roughly 30-40 days before they will revisit your application and uploaded / updated documents. From here, they could do a number of things:
- Change status
- Grant visa
- Request / refuse application 

It's not uncommon for the status to go from "initial assessment" straight to finalized, if everything is in order. 

My suggestion would be to wait and hope to hear back before the 40 day mark.
- Typically, if it goes past this (it could be a much longer wait) - however, each case is different. 

Positive thoughts! 

Hi Hex, 

How would we know if a CO has been assigned to a case? I saw a response here before that it's only when the status is changed to initial assessment that a CO has been assigned. Is that true? Also, if they request for documents, do they send a letter requesting for such? 

My immi account shows only "Action Required: Health Assessment-" -- no letter requesting for such. Is this the usual format? . I did my medicals this week and the status is still received. I also do not know if the nomination has been approved. My MA didnt inform me for updates. Thanks Hex. Appreciate your reply 🙂

1 hour ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Yeah, that was the case, seems like they reviewed both the nomination and application and asked for documentation, my application is still listed as "received" but I have requested to provide missing documents. I think @krl is in the same boat, don't see his nomination approved in the spreadsheet.

My MA didn't seem to think it was unusual.

Yes, our nomination hasn't been approved. Migration as financial documents and police clearance statement at the same time. It is funny, because police clearance is still valid. But probably just in case we will do it one more time. I assume they are looking into nomination and viza application at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Cbyrne11 said:

I'm in the same boat, same docs requested on the 8th of March uploaded last week.

I obviously can't say for sure but looking through the spreadsheet I think it's likely that they will open it a couple of days after the 28 days has elapsed. At least that's what I worked out from instances where people had mentioned the date where doc were requested and you could see approvals going through around 30 days later.

Obviously though there were other cases where months went by after requesting documents so I so can't say 100% and this is just my opinion, but at least you know there is some movement in your application now!

I am on the same boat. Docs requested on 12th march and uploaded on 25th march .. waiting still...

16 minutes ago, WLKON said:

Guys, 

Just an update, I have nomination approved on 30 March. 

Status changed to initial assessment. 

Cheers.

Congratulations! Your one is so fast! Which state did you apply from?

10 minutes ago, art said:

Hi, 

Can the admin, please, add me to the famous spreadsheet? Can't modify myself.

Profession : Developer Programmer

Current Status : On Visa 457

Visa applied: 186 DE

Nomination Applied : 4th June 2018 , Visa Applied: 6th Sep 2018

Number of applicants: 4

@art Can you please update your signature? And which state did you apply from?

@Hex Can you please help him with adding to the spreadsheet? Thanks.

Edited by Fung