16 minutes ago, Suusz said:

My friends just got their PR, cant remember the exact role but its in IT. Applied TRT July 2018, granted today. 

Hi Suusz,

Would it be possible to find out what under which occupation he/she was applying for?

Cheers, 

Nat

1 minute ago, natmis said:

oh believe me, I'm here everyday 😄

Me too. We are panic it labour, checking this forum every day. Every time my colleagues say PR, they mean pull request, but I think permanent residency. 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, A@2018 said:

Hi All,

Thank you everyone for the contribution in this forum, its very informative and also provides motivation for one and all.

My 186 application is finalized today(02/04/2019). Please find below the Details.

Occupation - Software Engineer (Onsite)

No of Applicants - 3 (2 adults + 1 child)

Country - HR

Stream - Direct Entry

Visa and Nomination Date - 19th Dec 2018

Can you confirm which State? 

Hi All, 

I’m a silent reader form last 13months. Thank you everyone for the contribution in this forum, its very informative and also provides motivation for one and all. For those still waiting, hold on, good news will come to you soon. 

My 186 TRT application is finalized today at around 4pm (02/04/2019). Please find below the Details.

Occupation - Chef 

State - WA 

No. of Applicants - 2 adults 

Country - LR

Stream - TRT 

Visa and Nomination Date - 15th March 2018

Direct granted, no additional document requested. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 11

9 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

There's no way they could give a time limit unless they were to completely change their way of doing things.  But as long as they have a limit on the number of visas they will grant but they do not limit the number of applications being submitted, it will cause the processing time to fluctuate.  So if there is a limit of 20,000 (I don't know what the limit is, this is just an example) and if 60,000 people apply, there will be very long wait times.  This is the situation with the parent visas - there is a limit of about 2,500 visas and every year there are 2x, 3x, 4x or even more applications submitted so the processing time has gone from 18 months to now 5+ years.  So the only way they could really give a time limit would be if they close the system to new applications until they process the ones they already have waiting to be processed.  This way they could manage the application volumes and be more predictable with the processing times.

Yes I understand that they cant put a time limit. They will cut themselves in the fingers. However  maybe they should completely change their way of doing things. I dont see the benefit for them of having me on a temporary visa or bridging versus being a permanent resident. And in regards to quotas, I get that they get just a certain amount of spots per occupation, but then they should at least process the occupations in sequence. Or have some filtering system with more accurate waiting times depending on some key factors of your application. They told me 6-8 months when I applied, its almost triple the maximum timeframe now. Its mentally draining and hard to stay positive after some time.Anyway, I dont expect any change, but it could be a bit more human 😊

Edited by Suusz

15 minutes ago, amandat said:

Hi, newbie here. 

We submitted our 186 DE in Oct 2018. 

I’m curious to see if people think applications where the skilled levy was payable will be processed quicker?

Hi amandat

What did you mean by skilled levy?

Can you please update your signature with your occupation and other details please?

On 01/04/2019 at 16:01, Arj said:

Hi I am a silent reader 

I finally got my golden mail today. I am so happy.😄😄😄😄😄my nomination was approved 1/04/2019

visa approved 2/04/2019 

best of luck all my friends 

I loged my nomination: 05/11/2018

i loged my visa 15/11/2018

state : NSW ( Sydney)

any one has an ided how long it takes to come visa through??? 

• Congratulations 1

14 hours ago, Suusz said:

Any contact what so ever???

if you call them tomorrow please share what they say. I am really wondering what they will do once you passed double the processing time and if they actually pass it on as they have said to some people on this forum over the phone.

I call immigration every week..but same answer file in process need to wait more

10 hours ago, Suusz said:

Yes I understand that they cant put a time limit. They will cut themselves in the fingers. However  maybe they should completely change their way of doing things. I dont see the benefit for them of having me on a temporary visa or bridging versus being a permanent resident. And in regards to quotas, I get that they get just a certain amount of spots per occupation, but then they should at least process the occupations in sequence. Or have some filtering system with more accurate waiting times depending on some key factors of your application. They told me 6-8 months when I applied, its almost triple the maximum timeframe now. Its mentally draining and hard to stay positive after some time.Anyway, I dont expect any change, but it could be a bit more human 😊

Sounds like you are looking for an "ideal world", unfortunately - they don't work like that. Something we all need to accept and try understand, as frustrating as it is. 

As for this "I dont see the benefit for them of having me on a temporary visa or bridging versus being a permanent resident", for the government, this is way beneficial especially as you (and any dependants) don't cost them anything 🙂 .

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, amandat said:

Hi, newbie here. 

We submitted our 186 DE in Oct 2018. 

I’m curious to see if people think applications where the skilled levy was payable will be processed quicker?

@amandat Welcome. 

1. Could you please update your signature, so that it helps others with your queries: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 
2. In my personal opinion, I don't think this makes any difference (other than when the CO reviews the case and then has to ask for it vs not asking for it). However, up to the CO opening and reviewing the case, I am certain it would have no impact on timelines. 

8 hours ago, Arj said:

any one has an ided how long it takes to come visa through???

@Arj This has been discussed multiple times over the last few (3-10) pages. 

Please go back and review them. In short, no one can answer this for you. 

Edited by Hex

31 minutes ago, Hex said:

Sounds like you are looking for an "ideal world", unfortunately - they don't work like that. Something we all need to accept and try understand, as frustrating as it is. 

As for this "I dont see the benefit for them of having me on a temporary visa or bridging versus being a permanent resident", for the government, this is way beneficial especially as you (and any dependants) don't cost them anything 🙂 .

I am sorry Hex, I think it is hard for people like yourself that got PR within a year to understand the level of stress for people waiting almost 2. I never thought I would be as desperate and depressed about this as I am now. I am sure that most 2017 applicants feel the same way.

And like I said, I dont think it will change, but waiting 2 years for an outcome is too long if they mention 6-8 months when you apply, even in a non ideal world. 

Edited by Suusz
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hex said:

@amandat Welcome. 

1. Could you please update your signature, so that it helps others with your queries: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 
2. In my personal opinion, I don't think this makes any difference (other than when the CO reviews the case and then has to ask for it vs not asking for it). However, up to the CO opening and reviewing the case, I am certain it would have no impact on timelines. 

I think it does make a difference, there's been a bit uptick in approvals from August onwards, some even from Nov dec being approved, while June July are still showing received. 

I do think there's been more approval recently,

Update on mine: still waiting to hear, all docs uploaded last week, Friday is 28 days since the request so fingers crossed they check for them then!!

It's being process by nsw.

3 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

I think it does make a difference, there's been a bit uptick in approvals from August onwards, some even from Nov dec being approved, while June July are still showing received. 

Update on mine: still waiting to hear, all docs uploaded last week, Friday is 28 days since the request so fingers crossed they check for them then!!

Hi Cbyrne,

May I know what were the documents requested for your application? Thanks 

18 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi Cbyrne,

May I know what were the documents requested for your application? Thanks 

It's listed on the spreadsheet. For me and my wife we hadn't one our medicals or uploaded our police certs.

But my company had to provide a couple of financial things. BAS, evidence of training expenditure, updated financial report.

30 minutes ago, Cbyrne11 said:

Did he mean applications after 12 August that need to pay SAF versus before 12 August, or applications submitted after 12 August without paying SAF and CO asked for it? I’m not even sure if it’s possible to submit the nomination without paying the SAF and let CO ask for it.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@amandat Welcome. 

Did he mean applications after 12 August that need to pay SAF versus before 12 August, or applications submitted after 12 August without paying SAF and CO asked for it versus paid SAF at the time of submitting nominations. I’m not even sure if it’s possible to submit the nomination without paying the SAF and let CO ask for it.

7 minutes ago, Fung said:

Did he mean applications after 12 August that need to pay SAF versus before 12 August, or applications submitted after 12 August without paying SAF and CO asked for it? I’m not even sure if it’s possible to submit the nomination without paying the SAF and let CO ask for it.

I think he means application after 12 August that had to pay the SAF rather than the training benchmark, that's how I took it anyway.

From the spreadsheet it does appear that these are facing a lot shorter wait time than those applying with having to pay the training benchmark, some are being approved within a couple of months.  There are more approved from August/September than July or June.

Excuse the long post..

It would be awesome if we could return to using this forum to help each other instead of vent frustration with a system outside our control. It should be used to update timelines, share CO requests for info, and help newbies who are beginning the process. We need to offer advice when asked to those lodging without an MA's help, and to those wanting to confirm what their MA has said.

The recent streams of messages of frustration with the system, complaints of processing delays, and the belief that the process is totally unfair, are helping nobody here. I'm sure those messages cannot even give comfort to the poster, only build more anger within. Don't get me wrong, I empathise with all of you. I myself am still in queue. I submitted an EOI for a 189 visa almost 2 years ago and have still not been invited to apply. This 186 TRT is plan B. We need to remember all of the things in life that really are 'unfair'. Turn on 9news in the evening and see what real life 'unfair' looks like. See migrants escaping war for a fresh start be held in asylum centres for years, that's if they make the harsh sea crossing alive. See families torn apart by crisis'; sickness, workplace accidents, car crashes. All of this happens daily.

Apologies for the long read, but I urge you all to leave the visa process, as 'unfair' as you think it is, to the people in charge. Acknowledge that the processing times are a guide only, and that there are 10% of cases that lie outside those times. In years to come, a successful PR holder or not, you will look back at this time and regret being so worked up about something so out if your control. Put your energy into your daily life now, not visa blogs or chat. Peace ✌🏽

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1