Hi Guys ,

I believe there is no voice for us . We all are scared and this immigration is sitting on there asses. Sometimes it comes to mind we should all come together and protest against these waiting times. Australia doesn’t even know that we exist they don’t even care . I have been paying taxes in this country from last 10 years . I have spent almost all of my savings to be part of this community. But here we have Prime ministers and news channels which claims  that we have too many immigrants which delays the processing of visa but there is still visa getting accepted from overseas , people are getting PR from overseas and here we have so many applications from 2017 not even open yet. Just my thinking we have to let them that do not take us for granted.

Just my thinking

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Navsandy said:

Im waiting from april 2017 cook...tomorrow 24 months 

Any contact what so ever???

if you call them tomorrow please share what they say. I am really wondering what they will do once you passed double the processing time and if they actually pass it on as they have said to some people on this forum over the phone.

18 minutes ago, Jerita said:

Hi Guys ,

I believe there is no voice for us . We all are scared and this immigration is sitting on there asses. Sometimes it comes to mind we should all come together and protest against these waiting times. Australia doesn’t even know that we exist they don’t even care . I have been paying taxes in this country from last 10 years . I have spent almost all of my savings to be part of this community. But here we have Prime ministers and news channels which claims  that we have too many immigrants which delays the processing of visa but there is still visa getting accepted from overseas , people are getting PR from overseas and here we have so many applications from 2017 not even open yet. Just my thinking we have to let them that do not take us for granted.

Just my thinking

I said that last time even as even I am waiting from June 2018 cook 2 applicants and 186 trt. But no response  and people after us getting grants and few offshore but no one responded as everyone is scared my point is if there's no place for us then y they gave us 457 and then  allowed us to lodge 186  anyways I am with you 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Jerita said:

Hi Guys ,

Just my thinking

You only applied 4 months ago.  There are a lot of people waiting a lot longer than you. 

Try and be patient and remain positive! 

Hi Guys,

I just got my visa application approved today!

I'm not sure if anyone had this experience before but I actually got a call from the CO yesterday afternoon. He wanted to confirm with me about one of the question in the application (Paying for visa sponsorship, I somehow answered No in the application, he also told me quite a lot of people made this mistake). He asked me to download and signed the "Certification Form – Paying for visa sponsorship" for the department website and upload it to the immiAccount. He also asked about the photo they took when I was doing my medical assessment, apparently in the photo I looked like a girl..... had to explain to him that that was definitely me, just an east Asian dude with long hair.....

And this morning I got a call from him again and was told he has now granted my 186 visa! Checked my email and immiAccount and confirmed this is all real! 

I had updated my timeline now, but it feels like my timeline may be an outlier since it is quite a lot shorter than most 186 applicants. But hopefully this can be an actual indication that the department is trying clear the queue before the election!

A side note: when the CO called me for the above questions, my application status on immiAccount was still shown as Received. And it went from received directly to finalised this morning. So we might not be able use the application status as an indicator for whether our application is being evaluated anymore.

Edited by TDW
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

2 minutes ago, navneet singh said:

I said that last time even as even I am waiting from June 2018 cook 2 applicants and 186 trt. But no response  and people after us getting grants and few offshore but no one responded as everyone is scared my point is if there's no place for us then y they gave us 457 and then  allowed us to lodge 186  anyways I am with you 

I also agree with u. According to me they do not have parameters. They just pick up the files whatever system put in front of them.  I know about lots of funny stories who got there PR. All of them are fake & even they do not know any thing about their profession, on other hand people who are working in their profession & working hard they are waiting for long time. If they have to take long time (Like 12 months or more) to make decision then it should be free otherwise they are making money from us nothing more than that.

thanks,

2 minutes ago, G Singh said:

I also agree with u. According to me they do not have parameters. They just pick up the files whatever system put in front of them.  I know about lots of funny stories who got there PR. All of them are fake & even they do not know any thing about their profession, on other hand people who are working in their profession & working hard they are waiting for long time. If they have to take long time (Like 12 months or more) to make decision then it should be free otherwise they are making money from us nothing more than that.

thanks,

I know I am still in time frame but my point is theres nothing like sequence and if we are under so called high risk occupation start checking . I mean visit our work place whether we are there or not check for the firm  but simply avoiding the 2017 files without contacting them and there firms 

2 minutes ago, G Singh said:

thanks,

Yes I am agree with you lots of fake people getting their PR but those who have real experience and working hard on their occupation put them for hold for almost 2 years.it is very unfair and inhuman act I believe.

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Thank you everyone for the contribution in this forum, its very informative and also provides motivation for one and all.

My 186 application is finalized today(02/04/2019). Please find below the Details.

Occupation - Software Engineer (Onsite)

No of Applicants - 3 (2 adults + 1 child)

Country - HR

Stream - Direct Entry

Visa and Nomination Date - 19th Dec 2018

• Congratulations 10

2 hours ago, Mick1983 said:

Yes I am agree with you lots of fake people getting their PR but those who have real experience and working hard on their occupation put them for hold for almost 2 years.it is very unfair and inhuman act I believe.

Yes, I agree as well. I didn’t know that there were so many fake applications before coming to Australia. I personally worked in 2 other countries before, all lawfully of course, and had permanent residency in both of them. Every time I said that I was sponsored by an employer, no one would think about anything strange before. However, when I talked to someone working as a migration agent here in Australia, his first thought was that I made fake applications to work in those countries before, and I’m about to make another one, cause he had done a lot of them.

Don’t you think there are some problems in Australian immigration politics that make it easy for people to make fake applications, and make people who work totally lawfully wait for a long time? There are lots of ways they can verify the application, like what other countries do, and no need to make people wait for so long, I believe.

Edited by Fung

14 minutes ago, A@2018 said:

Hi All,

Thank you everyone for the contribution in this forum, its very informative and also provides motivation for one and all.

My 186 application is finalized today(02/04/2019). Please find below the Details.

Occupation - Software Engineer (Onsite)

No of Applicants - 3 (2 adults + 1 child)

Country - HR

Stream - Direct Entry

Visa and Nomination Date - 19th Dec 2018

Wow, a December 2018 lodgement / approval. Nicely done. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, expatica said:

Any update? Keen to hear how you are going as I don’t think many people have our job.

Ahh I hate to break it to you, but I am now on about 21 months and have had no contact what so ever. 

I have called the immigration number on numerous ocassions and basically, all they say is you just have to wait. I have complained via the immi website too and again all they say is you just have to wait. 

I have heard of people in our occupation being confirmed quicker and I think it could have to do with being under the new Training Fee replacing the benchmarks? But obviously guess in the dark. 

Surely it's any day for me?!

1 minute ago, POMMYGAL said:

Ahh I hate to break it to you, but I am now on about 21 months and have had no contact what so ever. 

I have called the immigration number on numerous ocassions and basically, all they say is you just have to wait. I have complained via the immi website too and again all they say is you just have to wait. 

I have heard of people in our occupation being confirmed quicker and I think it could have to do with being under the new Training Fee replacing the benchmarks? But obviously guess in the dark. 

@POMMYGAL I'm sure it'll be any time now - surely!

Rather than ask a few questions on your application, could you please update your signature, so that I (and others) have a little more information about you. Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

Can anyone share a link for the declaration form "Paying For Visa Sponsorship"? All I find is the one related to the company.

Cheers

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/files/certification-form-employer.pdf

This is the document I used, it said employer on the link but it should be fine. Also I don't think most people will need to use this file, given you didn't make the same mistake as me in your application.

14 hours ago, Suusz said:

I agree, there should be a time limit,  we need some hope that one day we can move on with our lives and plan a future,  whether that is here or not. 

I heard that in my country they have to give a decision within 3 months, if they fail to get back within the 3 months they have to grant it.

ohhhh I wish this was the case here 

There's no way they could give a time limit unless they were to completely change their way of doing things.  But as long as they have a limit on the number of visas they will grant but they do not limit the number of applications being submitted, it will cause the processing time to fluctuate.  So if there is a limit of 20,000 (I don't know what the limit is, this is just an example) and if 60,000 people apply, there will be very long wait times.  This is the situation with the parent visas - there is a limit of about 2,500 visas and every year there are 2x, 3x, 4x or even more applications submitted so the processing time has gone from 18 months to now 5+ years.  So the only way they could really give a time limit would be if they close the system to new applications until they process the ones they already have waiting to be processed.  This way they could manage the application volumes and be more predictable with the processing times.

28 minutes ago, TDW said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/files/certification-form-employer.pdf

This is the document I used, it said employer on the link but it should be fine. Also I don't think most people will need to use this file, given you didn't make the same mistake as me in your application.

Thanks. I just checked the application again and have answered yes so I`m not uploading this Doc.

1 hour ago, POMMYGAL said:

Oh no!! I cannot imagine!!! Where are you located?

You know of others with our job that just had to pay the levy and they got approved fine? Interesting! Hope that is the case for me. Idk anyone else with our job.

3 hours ago, TDW said:

Hi Guys,

I just got my visa application approved today!

I'm not sure if anyone had this experience before but I actually got a call from the CO yesterday afternoon. He wanted to confirm with me about one of the question in the application (Paying for visa sponsorship, I somehow answered No in the application, he also told me quite a lot of people made this mistake). He asked me to download and signed the "Certification Form – Paying for visa sponsorship" for the department website and upload it to the immiAccount. He also asked about the photo they took when I was doing my medical assessment, apparently in the photo I looked like a girl..... had to explain to him that that was definitely me, just an east Asian dude with long hair.....

And this morning I got a call from him again and was told he has now granted my 186 visa! Checked my email and immiAccount and confirmed this is all real! 

I had updated my timeline now, but it feels like my timeline may be an outlier since it is quite a lot shorter than most 186 applicants. But hopefully this can be an actual indication that the department is trying clear the queue before the election!

A side note: when the CO called me for the above questions, my application status on immiAccount was still shown as Received. And it went from received directly to finalised this morning. So we might not be able use the application status as an indicator for whether our application is being evaluated anymore.

So that mean you write down" no "on that question ?  which is that mean yoir answer was wrong ?but reall answer is yes ?? so did you correct that answer into yes ?  what that mean about paying for visa and sponsership i know there is one question about that but my agent  write yes in answer ? can someone explain what is this and what is reall answer for that. THanks