mmjen / Thanks again for update. As I have submitted everything as decision ready, just wish I can have earlier ENS approval than you. :)

One worry is that, since late July, the job description which I have been working for last 3 years had been changed slightly (as of 457) so just before applying ENS, Fragomen (my agent) helped me applying 457 accordingly then got approval prior to applying ENS. However, one day before applying ENS, Fragomen called me that there are some cases ongoing that some COs are not accepting this job description change (which means 'you have been working on job A and now that doesn't exist') so this can be troublesome if I am unlucky. Alahs- what a nonsense.

Let me write some more in detail later but that is something I really worry at this moment.

Hi!

I have been reading this forum for the pas few weeks now, and must say that it's always good to learn about somebody else's timeline, just to have something to compare to... My situation:

Arrived NSW on Occupational Trainee Visa sponsored by a university in Feb. 2010

Received 457 Visa in Sept. 2010

Applied for 186 ENS on 22 of June 2013, in Parramatta, through Fragomen as decision ready.

No case officer assigned as of yet, so the waiting begins...

Now, I'm particularly anxious as I am currently working for a University and they offered me a 3 year contract in Oct. 2012. Due to some personnel things it took a long time to get all the documentation sorted and we were only able to submit in June 2013. After Oct. 2013 my contract will not have the required 2 years left (as it was a 3 yr contract from Oct. 2012), so we are hoping for a (very) fast processing time... My employer did provide a statement that I would be up for continuing in my current position, but not sure if that would suffice...

It's good to see that processing times seem to have picked up a little, although due to rules having changed this July again I suspect there was a big influx of applications again, thereby possibly slowing down processing times.

Hope everybody here will have their golden email quickly! Good luck, and will keep you posted.

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 186 visa. Does DIAC require the work experience (electrician) assessed by assessing Authority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

I'm from HR country.

Thanks for help.

Hi,

I have a few questions about the 186 visa. Does DIAC require the work experience (electrician) assessed by assessing Authority?

If not, what is needed for DIAC to prove the work experience?

How they are strict about this?

I'm from HR country.

Thanks for help.

It depends which pathway you are taking if you are applying thru 'Transition Scheme' then you dont need a skill assessment as your 2yrs on 457 will be enough. But if you are apply via 'Direct Entry' then you will need to get a skilled assessment from the relevant authority. I am not sure if you need skill assessment on 'agreement stream' or not.

Cheers

It depends which pathway you are taking if you are applying thru 'Transition Scheme' then you dont need a skill assessment as your 2yrs on 457 will be enough. But if you are apply via 'Direct Entry' then you will need to get a skilled assessment from the relevant authority. I am not sure if you need skill assessment on 'agreement stream' or not.

Cheers

Thanks for reply

I have skill assessment, and I go with direct entry. But my concern is with proving, for DIAC, the work experience.

What paper they asking for?

My update: Applications submitted on the 30th May and Employer and Employee both granted on the 26th July - nothing further was requested. So happy :biggrin:

Congratulations! Did you do your Medicals prior to being requested? Husbands employer nomination was lodged 15th May and our visa was submitted 18th June still for a case officer. Wondered if we should wait to be asked to do Medicals or just get them done as we have the TRN?

Any experience advice great fully received.

Thanks

Hi all

Very final paperwork (medicals) submitted July 5th, since then our CO has not replied to our two gentle emails asking if there is anything further required or if he can give any idea about finalisation. Going into fourth week - others seem to have got final answers more quickly...

Is there any reason to be concerned do you think?

Best

Hawthorne

Morning,

I had everything ready prior to submitting so we all had our medicals and our uk ans Australia police checks and form 80. Yes it's a risk to spend the money but its worth it in my opinion and I believe that's why it was allocated quickly as it was an easy one for them :) good luck and let me know if I can help in any way :)

Congratulations! Did you do your Medicals prior to being requested? Husbands employer nomination was lodged 15th May and our visa was submitted 18th June still for a case officer. Wondered if we should wait to be asked to do Medicals or just get them done as we have the TRN?

Any experience advice great fully received.

Thanks

Hi all,

Here's my application details -

Job Code - ICT Business Analyst

Visa Type - ENS Subclass 186 (Temporary Residency Transition) - Non DRC

Applied via agent

Nomination application and Individual application filed on - 28th June, 2013

Acknowledgement letter received the same day and now Awaiting Decision!!

Hi all

Well, our visa grant came through this morning so what a relief.

We lodged May 1st at the same time as our sponsor, then had employer approved and case officer assigned on the same day on May 31st. Some shenanigans (on our side) over medicals but final paperwork in on July 5th.

For the record, we have found DIAC to be efficient, responsive and courteous and the whole process was much better than we had feared.

Good luck all

Hawthorne

Saqibqu ; Thanks for comment. Yes, I really wish so. The thing is I have to send my elder son to kindi next year and have to pay 5,000 AUD if I don't get PR soon, haha. My agent keeps saying (even this Monday) that 'others can have earlier approval but that doesn't mean everyone can have that'. Well, that can be true but our minds are not like that, right? :) Finger crossed!

Hi I was looking for some advice - I'm on a 457 applying for PR through Direct Entry, my employer lodged my nomination on 19/06/13, I've heard nothing back about my nomination, but was wondering what is stopping me from submitting my application prior to getting the nomination approval?

I have a positive skills assessment, done the pre medical, excempt from IELTS testing and have all the police background checks to hand. My company also said there has never been any issues prior with getting previous nominations approved and was wondering if my application is in the process would it then speed up the application any bit?

Saqibqu ; Thanks for comment. Yes, I really wish so. The thing is I have to send my elder son to kindi next year and have to pay 5,000 AUD if I don't get PR soon, haha. My agent keeps saying (even this Monday) that 'others can have earlier approval but that doesn't mean everyone can have that'. Well, that can be true but our minds are not like that, right? :) Finger crossed!

yes if others can get it early we can get it early too :) i am expecting anytime now.

Morning,

I had everything ready prior to submitting so we all had our medicals and our uk ans Australia police checks and form 80. Yes it's a risk to spend the money but its worth it in my opinion and I believe that's why it was allocated quickly as it was an easy one for them :) good luck and let me know if I can help in any way :)

Hi,

I'm almost ready to lodge my ENS 186 Direct Entry Nomination & Application together for DRC from the U.K. Do you know if it is mandatory to have my medical & character in this application for a DRC or do I wait for my CO to contact me? I'm sort of confused as I hear people talking about front loading their applications but don't really know if they're already in Australia when applying. I have recently just passed a medical regarding work for offshore so don't know if I should apply and wait and see if this medical is satisfactory with Immigration. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi

I know it's not something that can be specifically answered, but provided the application is submitted correctly with supporting documents etc what is a "normal" time to go from application to grant?

Looking at the first posts compared to the later ones, things have speeded up for the ENS 186 route - is that correct?

Thanks

Just a quick question. My nomination was submitted 28.3.2013 and approved 16.6.2013, the nomination approval email / letter had a case officers name/email on (the submission just had the generic email address on), does this mean this is my assigned case officer?

My application has been in a month now (had to wait for my skills assessment to come back before I could apply, it took forever!) and have still not heard anything from this CO, does anyone know if the CO who approves your nomination goes on to be the CO who assesses your application?

Thanks

Kirstie x

Just a quick question, I'm applying for PR through Direct Entry, my employer lodged my nomination on 19/06/13, I've heard nothing back about my nomination, but was wondering what is stopping me from submitting my application prior to getting the nomination approval?

Application is good to go - I have a positive skills assessment, done the pre medical, excempt from IELTS testing and have all the police background checks to hand. I was wondering if my application is in the process would it then speed up the application any bit?

Hi

I know it's not something that can be specifically answered, but provided the application is submitted correctly with supporting documents etc what is a "normal" time to go from application to grant?

Looking at the first posts compared to the later ones, things have speeded up for the ENS 186 route - is that correct?

Thanks

yes the process has been speed up and there are many applicants who applied in May have got their visas so hope for the best.

Cheers

Just a quick question. My nomination was submitted 28.3.2013 and approved 16.6.2013, the nomination approval email / letter had a case officers name/email on (the submission just had the generic email address on), does this mean this is my assigned case officer?

My application has been in a month now (had to wait for my skills assessment to come back before I could apply, it took forever!) and have still not heard anything from this CO, does anyone know if the CO who approves your nomination goes on to be the CO who assesses your application?

Thanks

Kirstie x

Not necessary it depends if you have lodged the nomination and application together then there is a chance that same visa officer looks at your application after approving the nomination. But in your case you didnt lodge application with your nomination so i am sure the visa officer will be different. Just ring DIAC to check for the progress of your application.

Cheers

Just a quick question, I'm applying for PR through Direct Entry, my employer lodged my nomination on 19/06/13, I've heard nothing back about my nomination, but was wondering what is stopping me from submitting my application prior to getting the nomination approval?

Application is good to go - I have a positive skills assessment, done the pre medical, excempt from IELTS testing and have all the police background checks to hand. I was wondering if my application is in the process would it then speed up the application any bit?

You can lodge your application and it will save you processing time as your application will already be in the system when your nomination is approved.

Cheers

Hi - I've just submitted my 186 application today myself (No MA used) - 08/08/13, employer nomination submitted on 19/06/13

I was just wondering who else has done it without an MA and how long has it taken?

Also do I need to complete and attached evidence of health insurance (I have medicare), form 80 and can I attach a decision ready checklist myself or is it solely for use by MA's?