1 hour ago, RyanReid said:

Thanks @Hex your comments are always very helpful and reassuring. My MA told me to wait but if I was worried to apply for a renewed AU Police check which I have done. 

I also double checked my application and for the 2nd time in 10 days the updated date has changed ( yet no change in status and neither myself or my MA has touched it) very strange.... 

@RyanReid 

Only a pleasure, happy to help! 

If your application has been updated, there must be a reason why. Have you checked you "messages", documents "last updated" date(s)? 
- If you still cannot see anything, your MA should surely know why - it's one of the reasons, why he's paid 🙂

Just now, Hex said:

@GTRZ This has been the same as what they wanted to do last year, but didn't get any movement on it. 

Do you have the article / literature that says it's been passed? If this is just a "bill" of sorts, I wound't worry about it now, there are many hurdles they would need to get over before it'll be passed. 

Exactly Hex! 

If we worry about every proposed change we will send ourselves cuckoo! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Disregard - it is a known error

Should not be worried if provided what they have asked for 

Thank you. but i haven't provided AFP or biometrics yet. Its just that in my account, the only actions required is the health examinations. I am sure if I need to do the biometrics and provide AFP. 

thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Lion said:

Hi, great council of sages, just a ping here to let you know that I am pretty much halfway through the spreadsheet update.
Oh, my love for the over-engineering...

Other than @natmis, is there anybody else who is active on this forum (and plans to keep doing so) that would like to pitch in in the future to assist with the maintenance?
@Hex? @boo-yaa?
Trying to make it as effortless as possible, but since we cannot fully yield and bow to the machine overlord, I will still implement a touch of human control needed.

@Lion Thanks for the work, it's much appreciated. 

Although I remain active here, I'm open about having no interest with maintaining the spreadsheet, sorry. 
You and @natmis keep up the good work guys! Thanks again

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TBO said:

Thank you. but i haven't provided AFP or biometrics yet. Its just that in my account, the only actions required is the health examinations. I am sure if I need to do the biometrics and provide AFP. 

thanks for your help.

When I log in I get the same alert - it is generic.

If the only action required from your side is Health examinations then you could disregard the rest.

You will need to provide AFP if you have spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia in the last 10 years since you turned 16.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

When I log in I get the same alert - it is generic.

If the only action required from your side is Health examinations then you could disregard the rest.

You will need to provide AFP if you have spent a total of 12 months or more in Australia in the last 10 years since you turned 16.

Thank you for your reply @sydneyishuk. I was a bit worried because it's my first time to check my immi account (followed the import application and used my BVA TRN as advised by Hex.  

Would it be safe to assume that the results will come soon when they asked me to provide health assessment but the status is still "Received"? Does it mean my application has undergone checking? Thank you. 

1 minute ago, TBO said:

Thank you for your reply @sydneyishuk. I was a bit worried because it's my first time to check my immi account (followed the import application and used my BVA TRN as advised by Hex.  

Would it be safe to assume that the results will come soon when they asked me to provide health assessment but the status is still "Received"? Does it mean my application has undergone checking? Thank you. 

@TBO I think before we can answer / provide a "guess" - would you mind please updating your signature with your application / timeline details - see other signatures for example (if needed), the link to help with this is: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ 

2 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi @TBO suggest you provide the following details also include in your signature

State:
Birth Country: 
Stream: 

ENS 186 Nomination applied: 

186 Visa Application submitted: 
IMMI Status: 

7 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi @TBO suggest you provide the following details also include in your signature

State:
Birth Country: 
Stream: 

ENS 186 Nomination applied: 

186 Visa Application submitted: 
IMMI Status: 

Hi @sydneyishuk and @Hex - done. thanks for your help 🙂

State: VIC
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  August 11, 2018

IMMI Status: Received

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I have applied for my 186 DE as Accountant, Nomination was applied in Aug 2018 and my visa application in Sep 2018. I haven't got my medicals and police check done yet. I asked my MA as to when should I get all these done and I am not getting any response. Should I just wait until the nomination is approved?

With current scenario, I feel I still have another 3 to 4 months to go for any decision and  My wife's passport will be expired in Jan 2020. I read some where that there should be 6 months left on passport to get any visa. So should I be applying right away?

Thanks in Advance.

8 minutes ago, kashyap said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, I have applied for my 186 DE as Accountant, Nomination was applied in Aug 2018 and my visa application in Sep 2018. I haven't got my medicals and police check done yet. I asked my MA as to when should I get all these done and I am not getting any response. Should I just wait until the nomination is approved?

With current scenario, I feel I still have another 3 to 4 months to go for any decision and  My wife's passport will be expired in Jan 2020. I read some where that there should be 6 months left on passport to get any visa. So should I be applying right away?

Thanks in Advance.

Welcome @kashyap

1. I would suggest you arrange to get your medicals soon. As if you wait for your nomination, you'd risk getting the nomination approved and then an immediate request for medicals. 
- If you have valid medicals, they could simply move past this and grant the visa. I always say to wait about 4-6 months before doing medicals, you are near the end of that period now. 

2. You do need to have 6 months of valid passport left to travel anywhere, i'd suggest renewing that regardless. There is no advantage in waiting, as you will only be allowed AU passport when you get citizenship. It's also worth noting that you would need to update your application with the new passport, once received. 

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kashyap said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Kashyap,

You can apply for a new passport as it is about 6 months to expire- you can refer VFS global website.

The six month expiry clause if for application. which you have already done.

As soon as you get new passport please submit the new passport details in the application. 

7 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi @sydneyishuk and @Hex - done. thanks for your help 🙂

State: VIC
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  August 11, 2018

IMMI Status: Received

@TBO Great, thanks.

My suggestion (if you haven't already) would be to do your medicals soon - as you are reaching 7 months now, and should your nomination get approved, you'd want to avoid any possible delays. 

Also, should a CO pick up your case, then yes - you will get notice of same by checking your immi account, checking the "last update date" and then seeing "messages".
- Unless it's simply granted, in which case your status will simple be changed to "finalized". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kashyap said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Kashyap, 

We are on similar application - just that my nomination and visa were lodged at the same time august 11 2018. 

Would you mind sharing to me the curent status of your visa? Mine is still received but it shows action required: health assessment. Thanks!

1 minute ago, TBO said:

Hi Kashyap, 

We are on similar application - just that my nomination and visa were lodged at the same time august 11 2018. 

Would you mind sharing to me the curent status of your visa? Mine is still received but it shows action required: health assessment. Thanks!

@TBO Sorry to jump in here, but that is perfectly normal.

The medical is a standard requirement of the application, and until it's uploaded that will continue to show. 

As previously mentioned, unless your MA has said otherwise and given a reason, it's close to time to get a medical (my suggestion) and you should look into it. 

The status will stay "received" until a CO is assigned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

@TBO Sorry to jump in here, but that is perfectly normal.

The medical is a standard requirement of the application, and until it's uploaded that will continue to show. 

As previously mentioned, unless your MA has said otherwise and given a reason, it's close to time to get a medical (my suggestion) and you should look into it. 

The status will stay "received" until a CO is assigned. 

@TBO As extra FYI - here are the statuses you can expect and a description on each: 

image.thumb.png.ffb521be7705120114f5449616b53069.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hex said:

@TBO As extra FYI - here are the statuses you can expect and a description on each: 

image.thumb.png.ffb521be7705120114f5449616b53069.png

Hi Hex

I got VAC2 invoice Feb last but my status stays as recieved. Last update date is changed surely. 

I was given 28 days to pay VAC2. 1 week left in these 4 weeks. 

Hope it comes soon.

A10

Just now, A10 said:

vac2 stands for 2nd Visa application charge. Visa applicants (if 18 + years and except primary applicant )  need to demonstrate they
have functional English or pay a second VAC which is around 5000$.

Ah yes, the "get around the IELTS / Pearson's test" payment 🙂
- Thanks for clarifying @A10

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

On 12/03/2019 at 20:54, Koji said:

Hi everyone, 

I lodged a 186 visa application in Aug 2018 and waiting for my application to be finalised.

I have a question.

Does anyone can tell me how long after I provide more information about my company to the Doha I need to wait to get my nomination approved? 

• Confused 1