16 hours ago, Kiwibayer said:

Hey all, 

My visa status currently under "Further Assesment" after I had to supply further documents. 

I'm currently planning to go on holiday outside the country over the Easter break and would, therefore, need to apply for a BVB visa. 

Does anybody know if the BVB application would influence the current further assessment? 
Either in a positive or negative way .. 

@Kiwibayer what further docs did they ask for? Fingers crossed for you.

11 hours ago, natmis said:

We spoke to our MA today and he confirmed our suppositions that DOHA is divided into two teams now with one team processing visas from August onwards, and the second team everything before August.

well great, even fewer resources available for the ones that have been in the system for longer. 

• Sad 1

D

12 minutes ago, Kiwibayer said:

Police certificate for Australia and NZ expired so had to get new ones. 

Do the department not accept responsibility the police checks are out of date because they didn't meat the estimated processing time originally quoted?

How do you find out the length of validity, as I do not see any valid / expiry date on any of my checks. 

12 hours ago, natmis said:

We spoke to our MA today and he confirmed our suppositions that DOHA is divided into two teams now with one team processing visas from August onwards, and the second team everything before August.

How your MA got that info?

8 minutes ago, RyanReid said:

D

Do the department not accept responsibility the police checks are out of date because they didn't meat the estimated processing time originally quoted?

How do you find out the length of validity, as I do not see any valid / expiry date on any of my checks. 

@RyanReid 

No, they don't and can ask you for a renewal of PCC at anytime after 12 months of receiving the PCC.

The validity (as I was corrected the other day) is for 12 months from date issued (based off Immi rules). They accept if for 12 months. 

18 minutes ago, Hex said:

@RyanReid 

No, they don't and can ask you for a renewal of PCC at anytime after 12 months of receiving the PCC.

The validity (as I was corrected the other day) is for 12 months from date issued (based off Immi rules). They accept if for 12 months. 

Thanks @hex thats very frustrating. Would you advise to be proactive and apply for renewals?  Assuming that would come the same costs again?

Also I cannot see anywhere on the immi rules that health exam has an expiry, should that still be ok? 

24 minutes ago, Anais said:

How your MA got that info?

No idea, this is what he told us. He might be wrong of course, but I think we all see this trend on the spreadsheet. 

He's been in this industry for ages and I'm pretty sure he has wide network of connections.

Edited by natmis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RyanReid said:

Thanks @hex thats very frustrating. Would you advise to be proactive and apply for renewals?  Assuming that would come the same costs again?

Also I cannot see anywhere on the immi rules that health exam has an expiry, should that still be ok? 

@RyanReid Yes, I've always been of the opinion to be proactive and keep an updated PCC on your account.

It is possible that the CO might not request a new one, as some people have had PCC's accepted that are up to 3 months old / expired. However, there are more cases (in my opinion) of people getting asked for renewals. 

So it's your choice, if you are willing to risk it and get asked for a renewal from the CO (which would increase your wait time) then wait, alternatively keep a latest one.
- Knowing they are reasonably quick and easy to get,  I think it's a no-brainer, however, all up to personal choice. 

Health exams (medicals) are valid for 1 year. They are stricker with these and if it's expired, you'll likely need to redo it. 

Edited by Hex

When I check my IMMI account it says “ Action Flag Still Showing” 

but then it says not to worry if the following documents are uploaded already. I am pretty sure my MA uploaded everything. Do you have the same warning when you log in??

17 minutes ago, Suusz said:

When I check my IMMI account it says “ Action Flag Still Showing” 

but then it says not to worry if the following documents are uploaded already. I am pretty sure my MA uploaded everything. Do you have the same warning when you log in??

Yes, I have exactly the same. 

But is it only "known system issue that is currently being investigated by technical teams.".

Don't worry:)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@RyanReid Yes, I've always been of the opinion to be proactive and keep an updated PCC on your account.

It is possible that the CO might not request a new one, as some people have had PCC's accepted that are up to 3 months old / expired. However, there are more cases (in my opinion) of people getting asked for renewals. 

So it's your choice, if you are willing to risk it and get asked for a renewal from the CO (which would increase your wait time) then wait, alternatively keep a latest one.
- Knowing they are reasonably quick and easy to get,  I think it's a no-brainer, however, all up to personal choice. 

Health exams (medicals) are valid for 1 year. They are stricker with these and if it's expired, you'll likely need to redo it. 

Thanks @Hex your comments are always very helpful and reassuring. My MA told me to wait but if I was worried to apply for a renewed AU Police check which I have done. 

I also double checked my application and for the 2nd time in 10 days the updated date has changed ( yet no change in status and neither myself or my MA has touched it) very strange.... 

Hi, great council of sages, just a ping here to let you know that I am pretty much halfway through the spreadsheet update.
Oh, my love for the over-engineering...

Other than @natmis, is there anybody else who is active on this forum (and plans to keep doing so) that would like to pitch in in the future to assist with the maintenance?
@Hex? @boo-yaa?
Trying to make it as effortless as possible, but since we cannot fully yield and bow to the machine overlord, I will still implement a touch of human control needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lion said:

Hi, great council of sages, just a ping here to let you know that I am pretty much halfway through the spreadsheet update.
Oh, my love for the over-engineering...

Other than @natmis, is there anybody else who is active on this forum (and plans to keep doing so) that would like to pitch in in the future to assist with the maintenance?
@Hex? @boo-yaa?
Trying to make it as effortless as possible, but since we cannot fully yield and bow to the machine overlord, I will still implement a touch of human control needed.

Just a heads up for everyone.

I have just finished moving people in the correct tabs based on Nomination date (in case you can't find yourself in the spreadsheet).

For people who have applied before the spreadsheet was created I just left them in the tab when they applied for the visa. All of them are already finalized so it doesn't make any difference.

Edited by natmis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

"

An annual cap of 160,000 is to be placed on the permanent migratio­n intake in a move that will cut the targets set under the former Labor government by up to 30,000 people a year and impose­ for the first time an official ceiling on numbers.

The Australian has confirmed that the government’s razor gang, the Expenditure Review Committee of cabinet, has signed off on the key elements of the Coalition’s broader popul­ation policy "

what you guys think? Is this going to be pass? if so, the impact on us?

I am really worry about this guys 😥 Should We?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GTRZ said:

"

An annual cap of 160,000 is to be placed on the permanent migratio­n intake in a move that will cut the targets set under the former Labor government by up to 30,000 people a year and impose­ for the first time an official ceiling on numbers.

The Australian has confirmed that the government’s razor gang, the Expenditure Review Committee of cabinet, has signed off on the key elements of the Coalition’s broader popul­ation policy "

Was just wondering this - is it likely to affect the Skilled Points In dependant based VISA's more than ENS? 

On 07/03/2019 at 14:09, Freakyluv said:

Hi guys, 

I opened my immi account and found this (see screenshot) but in the actions required, it only shows health examinations. 

My question is do I need to do the character assessment and biometrics or just the health assessment? I'm confused which one to follow. thank you anyone who can help me. 

image.thumb.png.7b93f0f0c4c3c317befbe08dbb4d9b53.png

My signature below:

186 DE

Date nomination & visa application: August 11 2018

I have read a few articles today about these proposed changes.  I wouldn't say it will impact our 186 applications 

I don't think the impact will be big as this statement below suggests the new cap nearly match last years intake 

"For many months, the government has floated plans to reduce Australia’s migration ceiling by 30,000 from its current level of 190,000.

This new cap would almost match last year’s actual intake of 162,417."

Edited by sydneyishuk
grammar
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

I have read a few articles today about these proposed changes.  I wouldn't say it will impact our 186 applications 

However one statement that didn't get me too worried... 

"For many months, the government has floated plans to reduce Australia’s migration ceiling by 30,000 from its current level of 190,000.

This new cap would almost match last year’s actual intake of 162,417."

In my view this is the reason we should need to worry. They managed to reduce last year intake by using the word " strengthening the integrity of process" . It means they refuse so many application without asking any further documents. Should it happens again? 

27 minutes ago, GTRZ said:

"

@GTRZ This has been the same as what they wanted to do last year, but didn't get any movement on it. 

Do you have the article / literature that says it's been passed? If this is just a "bill" of sorts, I wound't worry about it now, there are many hurdles they would need to get over before it'll be passed. 

• Thanks 2