On 14/03/2019 at 08:28, Andytomas said:

Many people told me that the police check is for 1 year and there is write in the document “valid for one year”. 

However, I am from Italy and on our police check there is the date that has been done but there isn’t anything saying “valid only for one year”.

So, even if there isn’t anything say “valid only for one year” I should send a new one to the immigration? Or is it a one year valid only if the document report it? Or it’s an Australian law that all these kind of documents are valid only for one year? 

Thanks 

Immigration requires you submit a police check that was completed during the past 12 months.  They don't care what validity period the country issuing the certificate may stamp or print on it, they simply will accept a certificate that is within 1 year old.

12 minutes ago, axd852 said:

My friend just got his 186 TRT visa through.  He applied in December 2018 and works for Deloitte as a Management Consultant. 

He was one of the lucky ones to get it through so quickly!

@axd852 Thanks for the update, congrats to your friend.

We've seen a few (i'd say about 3-4) people now from Deloitte that have had incredible turnaround times. 

31 minutes ago, MaggieMay24 said:

Immigration requires you submit a police check that was completed during the past 12 months.  They don't care what validity period the country issuing the certificate may stamp or print on it, they simply will accept a certificate that is within 1 year old.

@MaggieMay24 Are you certain on this? 

I thought that the PCC needed to be valid at the time of viewing by CO.
- Valid meaning, that it was stamped and valid for the time period provide per the country where it was given? 

I'm happy to be wrong, but just wanted to confirm for future? 

Hey guys, 

what about if during the 2 years under sponsor, the company changed the director without saying nothing to the immigration? The company chart and my position has been the same, also ABN didn’t change. So everything is  like when I applied except for the director from daughter to her mum. It’s a family business.

I know that they should tell them within 28 days, but the company didn’t know it. 

What I can do? My MA said to leave like this because it’s not something that could cancel my visa because the business is the same. My MA said that maybe they can ask why the company didn’t report it to the immigration and at the point, he said (MA) we can send other documents that will proof that everything is the same as before that I applied.

what do you think?

Some more details on my case.

My Nomination was refused 2 weeks ago. I spoke to my MA who immediately informed we need to act quickly and have two possible options.

1. MA would contact the department to ask them to vacate the decision to refuse my nomination - on the basis that the correct legislation wasn't followed. No guarantee this would be successful.
2. If above wasn't successful we would need to appeal to the AAT within 21 days. MA advised I had a strong case for this, unfortunately it would just be a long wait.

Luckily my MA was able to get the department to review the decision and this week I received nomination approval and visa grant together.

Now I'm still in shock - as I didn't actually believe that option 1 would be possible. I'm so grateful to my MA and would encourage everyone to use a reputable agent where possible. If I had applied myself I don't believe I would have had the same positive outcome. My MA is a large worldwide company - so that must have helped. 

I'm not going to go into the reason why my nomination was refused in the first place as that's my personal choice. I hope you all understand that.

Looks like you all haven't got rid of me after all 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 17

1 minute ago, boo-yaa said:

My Nomination was refused 2 weeks ago. I spoke to my MA who immediately informed we need to act quickly and have two possible options.

1. MA would contact the department to ask them to vacate the decision to refuse my nomination - on the basis that the correct legislation wasn't followed. No guarantee this would be successful.
2. If above wasn't successful we would need to appeal to the AAT within 21 days. MA advised I had a strong case for this, unfortunately it would just be a long wait.

Luckily my MA was able to get the department to review the decision and this week I received nomination approval and visa grant together.

Now I'm still in shock - as I didn't actually believe that option 1 would be possible. I'm so grateful to my MA and would encourage everyone to use a reputable agent where possible. If I had applied myself I don't believe I would have had the same positive outcome. My MA is a large worldwide company - so that must have helped. 

I'm not going to go into the reason why my nomination was refused in the first place as that's my personal choice. I hope you all understand that.

OMG the Phoenix rises from the ashes!! Congratulations!!!! Stoked for you! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boo-yaa said:

I suppose my post above just illustrates that receiving a nomination refusal does not mean your only option is the AAT.

However, I do believe it is rare to get an overturn like I did. God must have been looking down on me....

Would you be able to share any details on the reason(s) for Nomination refusal in the first instance? 

19 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Would you be able to share any details on the reason(s) for Nomination refusal in the first instance? 

@Tomlfc1992 
And I quote: "I'm not going to go into the reason why my nomination was refused in the first place as that's my personal choice. I hope you all understand that."

I won't lie though, that made me even more curious 🙂 

Edited by Hex
  • Haha 1

I have been a silent reader since 2017. Now I am posting my timeline here.

I submitted my first 186 application in April 2017, after waiting for one year, my nomination was rejected in end of March  2018.

In May 2018, I appealed and haven't hear back from AAT yet.

In June 2018, I submitted a new 186 nomination,  no news either at the moment.

Below are my information, can someone help me to put into the spreadsheet.

State: NSW
Birth Country: China
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Nomination applied:  June 5th 2018
IMMI Status: Received

Just now, Miracle Chen said:

I have been a silent reader since 2017. Now I am posting my timeline here.

I submitted my first 186 application in April 2017, after waiting for one year, my nomination was rejected in end of March  2018.

In May 2018, I appealed and haven't hear back from AAT yet.

In June 2018, I submitted a new 186 nomination,  no news either at the moment.

Below are my information, can someone help me to put into the spreadsheet.

State: NSW
Birth Country: China
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Nomination applied:  June 5th 2018
IMMI Status: Received

@Miracle Chen Welcome to the forum; would you mind letting us know the reason for the initial nomination rejection? 

49 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

OMG that's great news!! Can you share your MA?

It is because of the training fee.

The nominator's last approved standard business sponsorship (SBS) commenced on
24/01/2013 and ended on 24/01/2016. The nominator therefore has not provided any

evidence of having made any contribution to training its Australian citizen or permanent
resident staff in either of the first two years of the SBS.

I started to work in 2015, however, they refused me because we didn't submit the document from 2013-2014 without requesting further documents.

24 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Miracle Chen Welcome to the forum; would you mind letting us know the reason for the initial nomination rejection? 

24/01/2013 and ended on 24/01/2016. The nominator therefore has not provided any

evidence of having made any contribution to training its Australian citizen or permanent

I started to work in 2015, however, they refused me because we didn't submit the document from 2013-2014 without requesting further documents.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Miracle Chen said:

Sorry, I guess I missed something. Do we have to show training proof for every year after we applied for the visa?

41 minutes ago, tuti said:

Sorry, I guess I missed something. Do we have to show training proof for every year after we applied for the visa?

If you apply through TRT stream, yes.

If you apply through DE, just the year prior to the application

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tuti said:

I think not only the years after but also the years before you are qualified.

But now they are using the new system, it might be different.

3 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

When I got refusal as trt cook 2018 reason no genuine position showing in documents.  My MA did same thing as ur MA but ur was quick reply from immi and mine was got late reply from immi November2018. I relodge my application in oct2018 reason for lodge my 457 visa expire in last week of nov. I didn't got reply related to nomination drefusal decision but they refuse my visa. In nov. They told us they are stopping internal review because we lodge new application.  Mine case my MA uploaded all the documents but case officer didnt check properly and she made it decision without asking further documents. My position genuine and I m first person applied. Anyway i hope i will get this time. My 457 visa expire alredy and I dont have other option.

Ur lucky person.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anita12 said:

everyday seems so hard these days n m feeling low. I know people have waited way more than this.. but do anyone know how to cope with this situation??

m getting depressed every other day

Try to make the most of every day, dont depend on your PR. Its a waste of time if you cant enjoy while waiting.

Do as much as possible to make your daily life better, do things for yourself and try not to think about it 24/7. 

I have had a very hard time as well and also because my partner and I are from different countries I am getting more and more stressed the closer I come to the end of my 457. 

But I dont want to look back one day and realised I spend 2 years stressing over something I cant control.

so move houses, start exercising, book a trip and enjoy your time off! 

Having said that, Its hard to not think about it;) I wouldn’t be on this forum if I could follow my own advise.

• Like 1

I fully agree with this proposal. It is difficult to follow the trend if people disappear and leave the spreadsheet without an update. It is specially stressful for people waiting from 2017 to follow this thread as they see the newer applications getting approved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, tuti said:

Hi all,

In the spreadsheet there is a lot of people showing as "received" from before November/2017, what do you guys think if everyone that is from before Nov/2017 add a comment like "still waiting Mar/2019" so in that way we all know who is really waiting... otherwise for me just look like some people didn't bother to say what happened, left the country or any other thing could happened and looking at their "waiting" doesn't help us at all to have a real perspective of waiting times... specially in terms of an specific profession!!

People that don't add any comment by the end of March we could just remove from the spreadsheet...

Just an idea, let me know your thoughts...  🙂

I totally agree with you. It also will help to know which members are still active. Only for members that have not had their grants yet.