1 hour ago, Fung said:

Hi everyone.

How long does AFP police certificate value for? And what about New Zealand’s? I heard that Australian police certificate validates for 12 months, but New Zealand’s only validates for 6 months. Is that true? Thanks in advance.

Yes NZ is only valid for 6 month

my recommendation is to set yourself a timer and request a new one a month before it expires. just so you're not in the same scenario I am in where i need to wait for further assesment as my police certificates were expired. 

51 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Hello everyone - just an update to keep you all up-to date with one of the hardest weeks of my life.

My PR has just been granted 🙂🙂🙂 Woah I cant even believe it and I'm literally shaking.

The decision to refuse nomination was overturned and my Visa was granted today 🍾

I will post again soon to explain the exact process and what went on since my nomination was refused - once I find the time to detail it all as was a complicated case.

Put it this way, my MA agent was unbelievable and I owe them so much.

Its crazy, I've went to feeling so down to so high in a matter of weeks.

I will post again soon detailing the whole timeline and what exactly happened....for now, I'm going to celebrate 🎉 

Big big congrats🕺🍻🍻🍷🍾

Occupation?

Edited by Deep1984
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boo-yaa said:

Hello everyone - just an update to keep you all up-to date with one of the hardest weeks of my life.

My PR has just been granted 🙂🙂🙂 Woah I cant even believe it and I'm literally shaking.

The decision to refuse nomination was overturned and my Visa was granted today 🍾

I will post again soon to explain the exact process and what went on since my nomination was refused - once I find the time to detail it all as was a complicated case.

I will post again soon detailing the whole timeline and what exactly happened....for now, I'm going to celebrate 🎉 

Omg, Great News - Absolutely delighted for you and the family!!  What a roller coaster of a week for you.

Enjoy the celebrations!!

Once you get some time please inform us of what happened it would be very much appreciated.

Congratulations again 😄 

• Like 1

Just now, sydneyishuk said:

Omg, Great News - Absolutely delighted for you and the family!!  What a roller coaster of a week for you.

Enjoy the celebrations!!

Once you get some time please inform us of what happened it would be very much appreciated.

Congratulations again 😄 

Thanks mate. Yeah what a roller coaster indeed - still cant believe it. I had almost given up and packed my bags.

I will detail it all mate I promise - once I've calmed down haha.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Congratulations 3

Hi everyone,

I just heard from my MA that my employer nomination was just approved today (March 13, 2019), they're still processing my visa application.

After a first rejection over a year ago for 1 missing document that isn't even relevant to my job and re-applying almost 12 months ago exactly (March 16, 2018), I can't believe something positive has finally happened to me!!! 🤩 I'll update my signature once my immiaccount is up to date (still showing "received" and no update since 2018 and I'm a little paranoid with all this...).

Fingers crossed that my visa application will be approved soon... (there's a big risk they'll ask me to update my medical exams as they expired in September...)

Hope everyone gets good news soon!!!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 13

2 minutes ago, CharlotteR said:

Hi everyone,

I just heard from my MA that my employer nomination was just approved today (March 13, 2019), they're still processing my visa application.

After a first rejection over a year ago for 1 missing document that isn't even relevant to my job and re-applying almost 12 months ago exactly (March 16, 2018), I can't believe something positive has finally happened to me!!! 🤩 I'll update my signature once my immiaccount is up to date (still showing "received" and no update since 2018 and I'm a little paranoid with all this...).

Fingers crossed that my visa application will be approved soon... (there's a big risk they'll ask me to update my medical exams as they expired in September...)

Hope everyone gets good news soon!!!

@CharlotteR 

This is great news, congrats! 

Remember though, that until they view your visa application and do something, your status shouldn't change.
- Having the nomination approved doesn't update your visa status, it'll only update the nomination (a separate applications) status. 

31 minutes ago, Hex said:

@CharlotteR 

This is great news, congrats! 

Remember though, that until they view your visa application and do something, your status shouldn't change.
- Having the nomination approved doesn't update your visa status, it'll only update the nomination (a separate applications) status. 

Ah good to know thanks a lot! 

5 hours ago, Hex said:

@Koji

Again, this is completely possible - language wouldn't be an issue. 

My suggestion would be to expect them to do all these things, and hope that they don't 🙂 
- That way, you won't be surprised if / when they do. 

@hex

Yep. I agree.

Do you know what a CO would ask my bosses? Would you be able to give me examples? I want to tell my bosses that a CO might call them and what the questions would be.

4 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

OMG ! Congratulations bro !

I was feeling so sad to heard about your previous nomination refusal news. I always thought there is something for you waiting. I told you hold tight and never give up. You might win. But your destiny is landed in paradise. Well deserved as well.

Wellcome to the beautiful country ! Enjoy the happy time with family.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hex said:

@Lion 

Congrats and thanks for the redesign offer - much appreciated! 

Out of interest, what was the case of the long wait - was there something that happened or anything that caused it? Or was it simply how long the process took (unheard of)? 

Yes, there was a refusal for the usual financial sustainability thingy. I was probably among the first being refused for what looks now a fairly common reason.

There were a few mistakes done there (an updated balance sheet was evaluated as a forecast from immi, for example, so they stated that no sufficient financial proofs were received).

What left the migration agent stunned back by then is that they didn't ask for further information (as it was the norm back by then) and refused it outright. This is now the baseline rule (possibility to refuse the visa due to missing info).

This was right when the dept of immi was being merged with the border protection, which by itself brought its own delays. Then we had some less than optimal (for us, hopeful migrants) picks as ministers for immigration and tons of frauds been made on permanent visa requests, which together makes a very bad mix for genuine migrants too.

The estimated processing time for my entire application was originally 4-6 months. After over 9 months I received the refusal. I've to note that, after my application, the processing time skyrocketed to a peak that reached the 20+ months at one stage (according to my burnt brain at least).

From the refusal the expected wait time for the appeal was 10-11 months, but I had to wait 20 months for it.

The tribunal overturned the decision and approved the nomination and, for reasons unknown, I've had to wait further 11 months to get the final application approval from immi.

What a journey.

I knew I was a genuine applicant, so stuck to it and fought to the (sweet) end. It costed me and my wife 3 full years of grief, stress, sadness and quite a coin too...but is over.

Oh, BTW, the PR approval letter is pretty plain and boring.

After all that money and suffering they could have at least doodled it a little and made it a bit nicer. Or write on it how of a faithful Australian IMMI customer I must have been to wait patiently in line for almost 4 years!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Andytomas said:

40 months? Omg 

did you update the documents during this long period of time? 

Well:

we did the medicals three times;

I redid my English test (luckily they didn't ask for the wife to resit it);

redid the police checks three times (or maybe four);

we had to provide tons of relationship proofs and also proofs of our marriage, as it happened well after the application (and yeah, that was not out plan);

we filled and provided all forms that we could have provided (80, 12xx something, 8xx something).

Should I reprint everything I would get a stack of paper big enough to comfortably build a house with it. See there? Thanks to Immi I also solved the housing affordability issue!

And this is only for the application. There were probably a few extra kgs of paper sent by the company.

Funny fact: from the refusal my Immi account was pretty much frozen. I was unable to upload new documents, even when requested; after the refusal everything has been sent through email.
And yeah, nah, it was not funny. At least you guys could have hit "refresh" 500 times per day on your online account, I couldn't even do that!

7 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

Congrats Lion... you are a legend!

Regarding spread sheet, I think it would be better if we submit timeline based on nomination date ,not visa application. I might be wrong but our waiting time starts once we lodge our nomination .

That, we can do. Is probably a wise choice.

@natmis

Planning a bit more in depth changes actually (still based on google spreadsheet, but getting rid of the entire edit permission mumbo-jumbo through a more polished approach, if possible).
Would need a very small number of people (1 is probably more than sufficient actually) that volunteer their assistance down the line to move the existing data, redo part of spreadsheets/formulas and maintain it.
So, yeah, congratulation, you are hired! Shortest job interview ever.
If only Immi would be so quick...

• Haha 2

Hi. Who has the chance history of the processing time published on immi website? I want to see if there’s any patten. And is it possible to estimate the expected processing time, ie an average or median, from the 75% and 90% processed time given by immi?

On 04/10/2018 at 15:49, maria8999 said:

Also a heads up as recently received urgent email from MA- pretty ridiculous, as if we need more stress. Obviously, immigration not taking into account at all how small businesses; or start-ups work 😞

We have recently received feedback of highly controversial outcomes from the Department who are starting to refuse 186 nomination applications on the basis that the business does not have the financial capacity to employ the nominee and pay the market rate salary for at least two years.

Further to this where a case officer has concerns regarding the financial capability of the nominator, they are not required to request additional information and can make a decision on the application without warning.

These decisions are being made by case officers who have limited to no understanding of how to read and interpret financial statements, and cannot comprehend standard industry accounting practices that may result in a business operating at a loss or only a small profit margin. These types of refusals do not align with current policy guidelines, however the decision remain valid.

We are now entering into an era with the Australian Government where they see Migration as a revenue stream and do not care about the outcome. They see no downside to providing a negative decision because in most instances it leads to a second application to generate further income

AS A MATTER OF URGENCY and to ENSURE that documentation submitted clearly meets Regulation 5.19 (5) (n) and we leave nothing to chance we recommend you provide:

1. Updated financial documentation from the business including BAS statements from April 2017, profit and loss, and annual report for the most recent financial year.
  2. Updated letter of support from the company accountant to attest that the business “has the capacity to employ the identified person for at least 2 years and to pay the person at least the annual market salary rate for the occupation each year”.  Reasons should be given by the accountant to support their statement. Please see attached partially completed template for completion.

To add weight the letter should be signed by a professional accountant who holds recognised qualification or memberships such as CPA.

Hi everyone. Just starting to 186 DE journey and company accountant is asking a template or a sample to write the letter of support as we are not sure what kind of supportive elements should be provided in this letter. Would anyone be able to share template/sample with me and with everyone? Thanks a lot.

Hi guys, 

Normally police check is valid for 1 year, depending of the country, ok. But 1 year start from the day that we apply or from the day that the documents has been done?

I did my police check in November 2017 and I applied April 2018. 

Should I do it again and send to the immigration?

thanks

19 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hi. Who has the chance history of the processing time published on immi website? I want to see if there’s any patten. And is it possible to estimate the expected processing time, ie an average or median, from the 75% and 90% processed time given by immi?

I’ve been recording it for the last 4 months.

186DE

Oct 2018 - 16 months / 19 months

Nov 2018 - 10 months / 14 months

Dec 2018 - 11 months / 16 months

Jan 2019 - 12 months / 15 months

186TRT

OCT 2018 - 12 months / 18 months

Nov 2018 - 10 months / 15 months

Dec 2018 - 11 months / 14 months

Jan 2019 - 12 months / 13 months

Hi, everyone,

My normination was approved on 26th Feburary 2019, after exactly 9 months waiting. At the same day, I was requested further documents on relationship proof and they were sent on 1st March 2019. Do you think there is high chance of visa granted at the end of this month?

• Congratulations 3

5 hours ago, Andytomas said:

Hi guys, 

Normally police check is valid for 1 year, depending of the country, ok. But 1 year start from the day that we apply or from the day that the documents has been done?

thanks

From the date the Police Check was issued. So, saying this..your police check expired in Nov 2018.  I would be arranging another one. Do what suits you best. Good luck.🍀

14 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

This is a miracle.... so Happy to hear that your PR is granted. It would really great to share the details.

Edited by ajk

13 hours ago, Koji said:

@hex

Yep. I agree.

Do you know what a CO would ask my bosses? Would you be able to give me examples? I want to tell my bosses that a CO might call them and what the questions would be.

@Koji Unfortunately not, they do not offer a "script" of sorts.

My thoughts are be that it would application specific. So all the normal questions on you / the company and then possibly an indepth run on your roles (to ensure it's covers the occupation applied for). 

As I said previously, as long as there is nothing to hide, there is nothing to worry about. They do this to fish out any "chancers" that are not providing the "full truth".

11 hours ago, Lion said:

Or write on it how of a faithful Australian IMMI customer I must have been to wait patiently in line for almost 4 years

@Lion This is brilliant, thanks for the early morning laugh! 

- If only they did that for all applications, over 'x' months. 

10 hours ago, Fung said:

@Fung I think you are trying to do something that isn't possible - calculate how long your wait will be. 
- I can promise, if this was possible - we would have had a calculator of sorts already available for everyone to use 🙂 (PS - how awesome would that be).

History (and this forum) prove that the processing times can be completely irrelevant and times (lots of times). 

My suggestion, as I tell everyone is to expect the worst and hope for the best. So that you can't be disappointed

Edited by Hex

10 hours ago, Andytomas said:

Hi guys, 

thanks

@Andytomas The PCC is valid from the date stamped on it. 
- So, when it was created. 

You should be able to see this date by checking the document. It would be 12 months from that date. 

As for re-doing it. With your timeline, I would risk waiting 1-2 months after the 12 month window, then get it re-done. 
- It also depends on if you're willing to wait. Worst case, after 12 months the CO could ask for you to redo it, prolonging your case. If you don't want to risk that, then have it done sooner.

Edited by Hex