Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Gopi80 said:

Very sad,me also waiting form April 17,making life very hard

oh gosh i feel for you... what occupation? DE or TRT?


Occupation: Restaurant Manager
State: VIC
Birth Country: LR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination
 & Visa applied:  18 September 2017 & 19 October 2017
IMMI Status: Received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anais said:

oh gosh i feel for you... what occupation? DE or TRT?

My advise for anyone waiting more than the preferred time line is put pressure on your MA to correspond with home affairs every 2 weeks for an update as its our right... if you applied your own do the same... we have everything right to know as specified in the immigration website irrespective if we get the same generic response...


Occupation: Quality Assurance Manager

2 People 186 TRT

HR Country

Applied Nomination and PR 28.03.2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, galisuman said:

My advise for anyone waiting more than the preferred time line is put pressure on your MA to correspond with home affairs every 2 weeks for an update as its our right... if you applied your own do the same... we have everything right to know as specified in the immigration website irrespective if we get the same generic response...

Of course, you have the right to do that. However bear in mind that you are dealing with Australian immigration officers.  They do not like being browbeaten or interrupted by time-wasters, so trying to harass them into looking at your case may have the opposite effect.

  • Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hex said:

@Franflb

My company was also just about to get this status and from what I've heard this only affects new applications.
- I'd love to be told otherwise, as that would be great news for people already waiting. Does anyone else have any dealing with this "new" status? 

Also - as @natmis suggested, please update your signature with your timeline / details. 

I'd be interested to know more about this too @Hex - Would be great if it did speed things up (although we aren't quite there yet in terms of timings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2019 at 13:54, Rossedwards1 said:

Anyone else still waiting from 2017?

Yes 1st June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have contacted them so many times also send follow-up emails. They always advise me that it still going through routine checkups.. I don't exactly know what does that mean!

I am waiting since 11/5/17.
Applied visa and nomination on 11/5/17. CO asked for further docs i.e AFP for both me and my husband on 19/10/17. Submitted on the day. Again opened file on 21/11/17... CO called my work place to confirm if I work there. And also called my employer to confirm few details.... then asked for company and my salary statement, super statement and notice of assessment for me. Submitted all on 6/12/17. No news since then. I have called them almost 20 times but always same answer.... its under processing. File looks good. Please wait ....don’t know how long the wait is going to be ... hopefully we hear some good news soon !!!

Nomination applied: 11/5/17 

Visa Applied: 11/5/17

Occupation: Dental Technician 

No. of applicants: 4 

Country : India 

CO allocated: 19/10/17 asked documents twice and last submitted on 6/12/17. 

Status : Further assessment since 6/12/17. 

Visa : 186 TRT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys a have one million question:

why there are same application that takes 2 months to be approved and others that after 2 years are still waiting? Sometimes we are talking about the same position but for instance different companies. 

 

I have ave my personal idea but tell me if I’m wrong and if someone else has a different opinion, please.

I think that it depends of the Migration Agency. If the MA is a famous, important and well known the application can be easily approved in a very short time. But, if the MA is not important and so on the application could take up to 2 years.

What do you think? Am I right? 

 

Thanks in advance


Occupation: Senior Hairdresser 

Country: Italy

Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 2

186 Visa/Nomination Submitted: 19 April 2018

Immi Status: Received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

I have been a silent reader of this forum which gave me so much information about 186 visa. Today I received a phone call followed by email from my MA with a good news. Couldn't be more happier. 

I wish everyone here gets their much awaited visa soon. Good luck 

 

  • Congratulations 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am a Sales & Marketing Manager 

186/187 TRT 

High risk country 

No of Applicants 3 

Applied 1 June 2017. 

Still waiting .

 

 

Edited by Alibaba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Leez said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been a silent reader of this forum which gave me so much information about 186 visa. Today I received a phone call followed by email from my MA with a good news. Couldn't be more happier. 

I wish everyone here gets their much awaited visa soon. Good luck 

 

Congrats on the good news.

Can you please let us know the following information;

 

Occupation: 

Country:

Stream: 

Number of applicants: 

186 Visa/Nomination Submitted: 

 


Occupation: ICT Support Engineer (Grandfathering Arrangement)
State: NSW
Birth Country: LR
Stream: TRT
Number of applicants: 1
186 Visa and Nomination applied:  June 2018

Nomination: Approved 19/03/2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, 

 

I lodged a 186 visa application in Aug 2018 and waiting for my application to be finalised.

I have a question.

Do the Department of Home and Affair staff member (is it called case officer? I mean the person who assesses my visa application) call my work and ask questions like if I really work(ed) there, my duties, etc.?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi forum, if possible someone added me on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Occupation: Cook
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT ((GF)
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  Feb 21th 2019
IMMI Status: 
Received 

Actions required
  • Arrange health examinations : my MA said do after 3/4 month later on .

Occupation: Cook
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT (GF)
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  Feb 21th 2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its going to be 13 months next week for my application still no updates😔. Am really upset inside being in this beautiful country from last 10 years still can’t able to get what i have always dreamed off. Not sure what will be the next step?? Do i lodge a complaint or just wait


Occupation: Motor Mechanic

State: VIC

Country: HR

Stream: 186 TRT

Applicants: 2

Nomimation : 12 Feb 2018

ENS 186 Visa : 18 Feb 2018

IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, enamul24 said:

Hi forum, if possible someone added me on the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Occupation: Cook
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT ((GF)
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  Feb 21th 2019
IMMI Status: 
Received 

Actions required
  • Arrange health examinations : my MA said do after 3/4 month later on .

Thanks.

Actioned.


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: 2 June 2018, 1 refusal before that in May 2018
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So .... it happened last night. 

Got my golden mail !

I couldn't believe it.... it was so weird as I received a mail from MyGov and for some reason I checked my immi account and here it was ' FINALISED'. Went straight the the message box and here was my GRANT !

Thanks for the support ! 

I'm so damn happy, the champagne will be popping soon ! 

 

  • Like 3
  • Congratulations 11

186 DE

Occupation: Graphic Designer

Nomination and visa applied 26th Feb 2018

REQUESTED MORE INFO FOR NOMINATION: 6th Feb 2019

Submitted requested info: 18th Feb 2019

Status: Changed to FINALISED: 12th March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gopi80 said:

Very sad,me also waiting form April 17,making life very hard

@Gopi80

Sorry to hear this, please update your signature with your application / timeline details.


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
-- Nomination approved on the 8th October 2018
Visa Granted on the 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koji said:

Hi everyone, 

 

I lodged a 186 visa application in Aug 2018 and waiting for my application to be finalised.

I have a question.

Do the Department of Home and Affair staff member (is it called case officer? I mean the person who assesses my visa application) call my work and ask questions like if I really work(ed) there, my duties, etc.?

 

@Koji Yes, there is a possibility that the CO (Case officer) would do that. It seems to be happening more and more (at least within the scope of this forum). 

AS long as you have nothing to hide, it should be OK. 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
-- Nomination approved on the 8th October 2018
Visa Granted on the 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

I have filed my PR application in AUG 2018 for DE. I am the primary applicant. Recently my partner got a job, do i need to update this information? If so will that have any issue with the timing like again my application will be back to start of the queue? Thanks.


Occupation: Engineering professional
State: NSW
Birth Country: HR
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
DE 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  August 7th 2018

Nomination approved: 07 March 2019
IMMI Status: Finalized on 16 March 2019  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rakhush said:

Its going to be 13 months next week for my application still no updates😔. Am really upset inside being in this beautiful country from last 10 years still can’t able to get what i have always dreamed off. Not sure what will be the next step?? Do i lodge a complaint or just wait

@Rakhush Unfortunately, you simply need to wait. They will get to your case, however, no ones knows - when.

You are welcome to try complain but I have still to hear anyone be successful of that - especially when you are still within the time period. 

Hold on tight, it's a bumpy ride! 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
-- Nomination approved on the 8th October 2018
Visa Granted on the 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CA315 said:

Hi Guys,

I have filed my PR application in AUG 2018 for DE. I am the primary applicant. Recently my partner got a job, do i need to update this information? If so will that have any issue with the timing like again my application will be back to start of the queue? Thanks.

@CA315

1. Yes, you need to update the case with the new details (as they specify) - "please update us with any change of circumstance"

2. No, this should make no difference to your application - especially as it does not affect you directly. 

  • Thanks 1

Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: NSW
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 4
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
-- Nomination approved on the 8th October 2018
Visa Granted on the 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, M.rvr said:

So .... it happened last night. 

Got my golden mail !

I couldn't believe it.... it was so weird as I received a mail from MyGov and for some reason I checked my immi account and here it was ' FINALISED'. Went straight the the message box and here was my GRANT !

Thanks for the support ! 

I'm so damn happy, the champagne will be popping soon ! 

 

Congrats,

 

If I could ask, was the message from my gov related to notice of assessment as I had the same email couple of days ago.


Occupation: Cabinetmaker
Birth Country: LR
Stream: ENS DE
Number of applicants: 4
Nomination applied:  February 2018 Visa applied: July 2018 

Requested company BAS and PL 04/02/19 uploaded 18/02/2019

Nomination approved: 13/03/2019
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Anais said:

oh gosh i feel for you... what occupation? DE or TRT?

me too April 2017 


Occupation: Student Counselor
State: NSW
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  24/04/2017
Additional  documents requested : 15/01/2018 - Submitted : 30/01/2018

ABF Field visit : 30/06/2018 -requested all company documents -provided on 24/07/2018

No response yet .

IMMI Status:  further Assessment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KD31 said:


I am waiting since 11/5/17.
Applied visa and nomination on 11/5/17. CO asked for further docs i.e AFP for both me and my husband on 19/10/17. Submitted on the day. Again opened file on 21/11/17... CO called my work place to confirm if I work there. And also called my employer to confirm few details.... then asked for company and my salary statement, super statement and notice of assessment for me. Submitted all on 6/12/17. No news since then. I have called them almost 20 times but always same answer.... its under processing. File looks good. Please wait ....don’t know how long the wait is going to be ... hopefully we hear some good news soon !!!

I know the feeling!! I hope and pray we will all get through this worst phase of waiting... Finger crossed!


Occupation: Student Counselor
State: NSW
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  24/04/2017
Additional  documents requested : 15/01/2018 - Submitted : 30/01/2018

ABF Field visit : 30/06/2018 -requested all company documents -provided on 24/07/2018

No response yet .

IMMI Status:  further Assessment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, M.rvr said:

OMG So good ! 

 

There is no movement from my end ..... frustrating 

Congratulations 🙂 ... I told you, your's wasn't too far away either.  Time to celebrate.

  • Like 1

Nomination & Visa Applied: 28/02/2018

No. of Applicants 3

Profession: Pharmacist

Country of Birth: Kenya (HR)

Citizenship: Tanzania

Stream: 186 DE

Status:

FINALIZED : 12/03/2019 

Initial Assessment (28/01/19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

Congrats,

 

If I could ask, was the message from my gov related to notice of assessment as I had the same email couple of days ago.

No, it was about my ABN being cancelled .....

  • Like 1

186 DE

Occupation: Graphic Designer

Nomination and visa applied 26th Feb 2018

REQUESTED MORE INFO FOR NOMINATION: 6th Feb 2019

Submitted requested info: 18th Feb 2019

Status: Changed to FINALISED: 12th March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×