Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fung said:

Good morning. I have a question that confused me for a long time. I’ve seen so many people who applied last year have their nomination and visa granted on the same day. But I haven’t done medical check yet, and my MA and the department website both said that wait until the CO asks you to do the medical check.

I know that the medical check is mandatory. When did you guys do medical check? Before or immediately after lodging the visa application?

Usually most MA will say get the medicals done somewhat half way around the current processing times. Medicals are valid for 12 months si you have to time it that way. 


Nomination & Visa Applied: 28/02/2018

No. of Applicants 3

Profession: Pharmacist

Country of Birth: Kenya (HR)

Citizenship: Tanzania

Stream: 186 DE

Status:

FINALIZED : 12/03/2019 

Initial Assessment (28/01/19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Yuting said:

Hey, can I please ask: What did they check in your workplace? Just to see there is a shop and you are there? Or did they check any documents? And what did they asking through the phone with u and your employer?

thank you so much ! 🙏 

Hi  mate. I work in a big wholesale bakery factory. They walked around spoke to other employees about me.With my boss. They asked, How did he hire me. When. Duties and responsibilities everything.checked companies documents.i was on a  leave. So they called me and asked everything about my job. Duties. My salary. How I get paid, how much. My annual leave. Sick leave. Am working overtime. Who else are working. Everthing about my job. 20 mins interview.and in the end asked me about my bank statement where I  get paid.Totally grilled everyone. Good luck mate. Hope and pray everyone passes through this time and gets their residency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my pr yesterday but came to know today morning 

 

Just saw my golden email, though, it arrived yesterday😻

can’t believe😍😍😍😍 

lodge file trt on 21 feb 2018

aprroved 8 March 2019

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

Country  INDIA 

186 ENS TRT 

profession :- technical sales representatives nec 

Nomination applied and visa 21Feb 2018

Medicals submitted 4 April 2018

COMPANY Documents and  MINE are uploaded on 20 feb 2019

Status Received 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear All Fellow Applicants,

I have been a silent reader since 2017 and this forum helped me thru the tough journey of the application. After disappointment day after day, to my biggest surprise, my status in my IMMI account changed from Received to Finalised this morning (9/3/2019) hence my PR is granted directly without further request. All I wanna say is, have faith and it will really happen when the time is right. I wish you all best of luck and sail thru the journey with promising return at the end.

Below are my details:

Occupation: Marketing Specialist

State: NSW

Birth Country: LR

Stream: 186 DE (offshore)

Applicants: 3

Nomination Applied: 7/9/2017 (approved on 22/5/2018)

Visa Applied: 28/5/2018 (granted on 9/3/2019)

Status: Finalised

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diggy singh said:

Hi  mate. I work in a big wholesale bakery factory. They walked around spoke to other employees about me.With my boss. They asked, How did he hire me. When. Duties and responsibilities everything.checked companies documents.i was on a  leave. So they called me and asked everything about my job. Duties. My salary. How I get paid, how much. My annual leave. Sick leave. Am working overtime. Who else are working. Everthing about my job. 20 mins interview.and in the end asked me about my bank statement where I  get paid.Totally grilled everyone. Good luck mate. Hope and pray everyone passes through this time and gets their residency.

Was it TRT or DE?


Occupation: Restaurant Manager
State: NSW
Birth Country: LR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  03/08/2017
IMMI Status: Nomination refused 23/05/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diggy singh said:

Hi  mate. I work in a big wholesale bakery factory. They walked around spoke to other employees about me.With my boss. They asked, How did he hire me. When. Duties and responsibilities everything.checked companies documents.i was on a  leave. So they called me and asked everything about my job. Duties. My salary. How I get paid, how much. My annual leave. Sick leave. Am working overtime. Who else are working. Everthing about my job. 20 mins interview.and in the end asked me about my bank statement where I  get paid.Totally grilled everyone. Good luck mate. Hope and pray everyone passes through this time and gets their residency.

Thank you so much for reply. Congratulations 🎉🎉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though i know that my medical is expired, Im waiting a co to open my file and ask for it.. cz it says dnt even call immi for health purpose.. 

or can we ask them if we can do it?? Please suggest. Thanks

1770A73D-E901-43B0-8F84-FF26FC24AC12.jpeg


Occupation: Chef

state: melb

Stream: 186 de

no of applicant: 3 

visa applied: 27 feb 2018

status: received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Diggy singh said:

I just would like to share my experience. Today finally after more than 13 months wait permanent residency has been granted.

Category. Baker 

Nomination. Filed. 23/01/2018

Visa filed25/01/2028

Country. High risk. India 

Applicants. 4. 

No documents requested.

Called the immigration department as been waiting for more than 13 months.

 Visited my work place and interviewed my boss and me on the phone.

Good luck everyone and pray to god everyone passes through this hard time and get their residency smoothly.

 

 

Hi Diggy singh - Many Congratulations! Sorry editing my response as I had asked you something you've answered later on! 🙂 

Edited by Hydra
Question already answered

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
 Country: HR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination  and application applied:  01 MARCH 2018
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2019 at 04:56, kstttt said:

 @Hex,

My Police clearance from UAE was issued in October with a validity of just 3 months which has already been passed, should I submit a new one now to make my application decision ready or just wait for the CO to request it.

Hi ksttt - My nationality is Indian as well, however, I am based in the UAE. But I was asked to get my PCC cleared from India. For this, I first got my PCC from UAE, took about 3 days), on the back of which I got my PCC from India, which took about 3 months! Since your sign-off mentions India I would think the same would apply to you? 


Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
 Country: HR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination  and application applied:  01 MARCH 2018
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Occupation: Internal Auditor (NSW)

Stream: 186 TRT

Applied for both nomination & visa application: 10 December 2018 (FYI, my 457 expired on 11 Dec so I had little time to apply)

Nomination granted: 5 February 2019

Visa granted: 8 February 2019

 

Hi all, I have been lurking here from time to time, but sharing some good news as I received my grant only 2 months after application. I was shocked when I found out - I had fully expected I wouldn't hear anything until later this year & planned accordingly (no travel plans etc). I wanted to apply for 189 a few years back but my skill assessment was denied. As a background info, I have been on 457 for 4+ years and work in education sector. I had gotten my Australian police check & health check and wasn't contacted for further info.

I have lived here for 10 years (!!) and nearly every visa application has been stressful with tight deadlines and paperwork hurdles so this has been bittersweet.

All the best to those who are waiting for their good news 🙂

  • Congratulations 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solange said:

Occupation: Internal Auditor (NSW)

Stream: 186 TRT

Applied for both nomination & visa application: 10 December 2018 (FYI, my 457 expired on 11 Dec so I had little time to apply)

Nomination granted: 5 February 2019

Visa granted: 8 February 2019

 

Hi all, I have been lurking here from time to time, but sharing some good news as I received my grant only 2 months after application. I was shocked when I found out - I had fully expected I wouldn't hear anything until later this year & planned accordingly (no travel plans etc). I wanted to apply for 189 a few years back but my skill assessment was denied. As a background info, I have been on 457 for 4+ years and work in education sector. I had gotten my Australian police check & health check and wasn't contacted for further info.

I have lived here for 10 years (!!) and nearly every visa application has been stressful with tight deadlines and paperwork hurdles so this has been bittersweet.

All the best to those who are waiting for their good news 🙂

wow that's awesome!! have you applied through well known MA?

Congrats


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Finalised

Nomination approved: 22/11/2019

Visa approved: 16/12/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2019 at 18:40, kum said:

 


Thank you for your that, but my employer said today that I will try to get new business ASAP with same company also he said that landlord forcing me to move from here.

 

Hey @kum

Unfortunately, if they sell the company (of have an intention of selling), they will still need to inform the department and they will still tell you to withdraw and resubmit with new company nomination. 


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey [mention=270943]kum[/mention]
Unfortunately, if they sell the company (of have an intention of selling), they will still need to inform the department and they will still tell you to withdraw and resubmit with new company nomination. 



Thank you for your messge well I double checked with owner he trying to relocate the restaurant not selling, and he also double checked with Immigration they said as long as same company no issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hex said:
2 hours ago, natmis said:

wow that's awesome!! have you applied through well known MA?

Congrats

Thanks! I don't know about well known, but my company uses them exclusively for visa services & they are very professional and comprehensive. I had to provide details of my employment since birth 😃

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

Due to some personal urgency applied Bridging visa B for travel to home country which is approved same day.Next day CO requested some documents to process my visa documents submitted same day.  (186 TRT applied in June .Nomination approved already)

Question is that:  1 . Due to apply Bridging visa B is there any impact/delay on my application process?

                               2. In Best /avg case when can i expect outcome of my application result?

 

Thanks in Advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Srims said:

Hi All,

Due to some personal urgency applied Bridging visa B for travel to home country which is approved same day.Next day CO requested some documents to process my visa documents submitted same day.  (186 TRT applied in June .Nomination approved already)

Question is that:  1 . Due to apply Bridging visa B is there any impact/delay on my application process?

                               2. In Best /avg case when can i expect outcome of my application result?

 

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Srims,

1. There won't be any delay or impact on your visa application. From my personal experience, when I had to go overseas on a Bridging visa B I got an outcome when I wasn't in Australia. You can travel to your home country with no worries.

2. On this forum, they say that the average is 35 days but unfortunately, every case is different so we can only hope for the best.


Occupation: Software Engineer
State: NSW
Birth Country: Poland
Stream: 186 Direct Entry
Number of applicants: 2
Nomination applied: 05 August 2019

ENS 186 Visa: 7 August 2019
IMMI Status: Finalised

Nomination approved: 22/11/2019

Visa approved: 16/12/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everybody,

 

With tomorrow being labour day in Victoria, does anybody know if the migration officers will be process anything tomorrow? 

Thanks


Occupation: Computer Network and Systems Engineer

Country: Germany

Myself + 1 dependant ( both on 457 visas)

Nomination: 28th March 2018
Visa Data: 28th March 2018
Nomination Approval: 28th February 2019

Status: Finalized (23rd of April 2019)


For Newbies: 
1. Update your Profile: -> https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ or click on your account in the top right -> Account Settings -> Signature
2. The Spreadsheet is here: ENS 186 Timeline - Google Sheets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2019 at 13:26, Diggy singh said:

Hi  mate. I work in a big wholesale bakery factory. They walked around spoke to other employees about me.With my boss. They asked, How did he hire me. When. Duties and responsibilities everything.checked companies documents.i was on a  leave. So they called me and asked everything about my job. Duties. My salary. How I get paid, how much. My annual leave. Sick leave. Am working overtime. Who else are working. Everthing about my job. 20 mins interview.and in the end asked me about my bank statement where I  get paid.Totally grilled everyone. Good luck mate. Hope and pray everyone passes through this time and gets their residency.

Hi Diggy Singh , may I ask which is state you applied? 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much cost to do an appeal once the nomination has been refused? 

How long the appeal will take to be opened?

Thanks

Edited by Andytomas

Occupation: Senior Hairdresser 

Country: Italy

Stream: 186 TRT

Number of applicants: 2

186 Visa/Nomination Submitted: 19 April 2018

Immi Status: Received 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andytomas said:

How much cost to do an appeal once the nomination has been refused? 

How long the appeal will take to be opened?

Thanks

What happened mate ?? 


Occupation: Butcher 
State: NSW
Birth Country: Pak 
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  5 July 2018

Nomination approval : 2 May 2019 

visa grant : 2 May 2019 
Status : Finalised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/03/2019 at 18:19, Hydra said:

Hi ksttt - My nationality is Indian as well, however, I am based in the UAE. But I was asked to get my PCC cleared from India. For this, I first got my PCC from UAE, took about 3 days), on the back of which I got my PCC from India, which took about 3 months! Since your sign-off mentions India I would think the same would apply to you? 

Hi @Hydra

I have attached with my application the PCCs from Australia, India and UAE i.e. all the counties where I lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

 

  • Like 1

Occupation: Analyst Programmer
State: VIC
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 6
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  November 23rd 2018

Nomination approved on the 1st April 2019

Visa Approved on : 5th April 2019
IMMI Status: Finalised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My nomination was approved on 25.02.2019 but still my visa is not approved

when I call the department , I am told everything is ok,just wait

Is there anything to worry about?Please advise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×