3 minutes ago, Esad.I said:

Hi all,

Have a generic (common) question and apologies if it has been answered already (tried the search, no help).

Nomination was submitted mid March and visa application mid May and my question is, from when does the countdown start? Is it from the nomination, application or something else?

Thanks

@Esad.I

I'll answer as straightforward as possible here:

- Nomination countdown starts from the nomination lodgement. 

- Visa countdown starts from the visa lodgement (however, this cannot be granted before / without the granting of the above mentinoed nomination)

The order is: Nomination reviewed --> (possible updates requested) -->  Nomination Approved --> Visa reviewed --> (possible updates requested) --> Visa granted.
- I've excluded the negative possibilities, as we all know what they are (we don't need any negativity) 🙂

Edited by Hex
  • Like 3

Hi All,

Hope all well.

My low risk 186 TRT application was applied for on the 28th Feb 2018 using an immigration lawyer. I know the wait is long so I'm hanging in there. My agent requested more docs from my employer and payslips from myself, however I haven't heard anything since.

I checked my immi portal and didn't see any messages to my agent requesting these details.. should I see anything in the "messages" section? It's been over a month since I sent the docs. I've even requested more police checks due to the expiry, I've emailed my agent the last 3 days with no reply, I'm getting very annoyed with the lack of response. Has anyone experienced this before?

Am I entitled to request all comms between my agent and the immigration department?

Many Thanks

1 minute ago, bungie said:

Hi All,

Hope all well.

My low risk 186 TRT application was applied for on the 28th Feb 2018 using an immigration lawyer. I know the wait is long so I'm hanging in there. My agent requested more docs from my employer and payslips from myself, however I haven't heard anything since.

I checked my immi portal and didn't see any messages to my agent requesting these details.. should I see anything in the "messages" section? It's been over a month since I sent the docs. I've even requested more police checks due to the expiry, I've emailed my agent the last 3 days with no reply, I'm getting very annoyed with the lack of response. Has anyone experienced this before?

Am I entitled to request all comms between my agent and the immigration department?

Many Thanks

I'm going through a very similar experience. I have also renewed Police checks, I've asked my MA to follow up with IMMI on the 1 year anniversaru but he hasn't replied either, I too am equally annoyed by the lack of response. As far as I know, when IMMI request information, you will receive a s56 which should be visible in your messages section of your application, unsure of what it looks like on the Nomination/MA side of it. Will keep an eye on this question. Thanks

1 minute ago, bungie said:

Hi All,

Hope all well.

Many Thanks

Hi

My MA did the same - just means they are on top of it as documents you would have supplied at time of applying would now be a year old.  So it is good that your Agent is keeping your application up to date.

Any requests from Case officer to MA you will see in the messages section of your IMMI account.

9 minutes ago, bungie said:

Hi All,

Hope all well.

Many Thanks

Because he/she try to make your application decision ready once CO open your file they will ask all the uptodate documents and your waiting time gonna be long again if your MA ask you your payslip and BAS in every 3/4month he/she give 100%effort to make your application decision ready that’s the reason there is thousand of MA who just lodge application they never open and upload any document some MA even don’t upload documents which already sent to them be happy  at least he/she care about your application 

cheers 

Edited by Rhitesh

4 minutes ago, bungie said:

Hi All,

Hope all well.

Many Thanks

It could be that your MA was just being proactive and requesting updated information without having contact from IMMI.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@momo

This could mean any of many things:
- Medicals were updated and files are being updated
- Files / documents could have been updated (by either you or MA)
- Immi updated the application (if this is the case, there should be something in "Messages")
- Also possible (apparently) but something I've never seen (only heard from this forum) is that a automatic process occurred on your application and updated your application. 

My suggestion would be to check if there are any "Messages" on your application, if not - check if there are any documents updated / uploaded. Failing which, you could ask your MA if they have any ideas. 

Hi Hex,

Thanks your reply. 

Medical files were updated last year in September 2018 by my MA.

Neither me nor my MA did an update since September 2018.

So, i wonder what it could be

38 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Esad.I

- Visa countdown starts from the visa lodgement (however, this cannot be granted before / without the granting of the above mentinoed nomination)

The order is: Nomination reviewed --> (possible updates requested) -->  Nomination Approved --> Visa reviewed --> (possible updates requested) --> Visa granted.
- I've excluded the negative possibilities, as we all know what they are (we don't need any negativity) 🙂

Thanks Hex!

6 minutes ago, Momo bey said:

Hi Hex,

Thanks your reply. 

Medical files were updated last year in September 2018 by my MA.

Neither me nor my MA did an update since September 2018.

So, i wonder what it could be

Did you check if you have any messages from Immi? There could be a required for additional documents waiting there for you? 

- Also, have you spoken to your MA and asked them why there was an update? 

12 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi

My MA did the same - just means they are on top of it as documents you would have supplied at time of applying would now be a year old.  So it is good that your Agent is keeping your application up to date.

Any requests from Case officer to MA you will see in the messages section of your IMMI account.

ok cheers, I should have stated my agent hasn't uploaded my docs yet. Just wondered what other peoples experiences are with agents, I'd at least expect the docs to be updated and an email reply for a > $3k service.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hex said:

Did you check if you have any messages from Immi? There could be a required for additional documents waiting there for you? 

- Also, have you spoken to your MA and asked them why there was an update? 

Yes i checked and there is no new messages. I am going to talk to my MA

• Like 1

Giving my heartbreaking news here. My visa got refused today. The Nomination got approved but, 186 DE visa got refused. The reason being, The CO, did not find my previous work experience of "Cook" relevant to the position. 

Some of the businesses had shut down, hence I could not get reference letters from all of them. So those experiences did not count. The PAYGs or salary transactions are also not getting into consideration.

I have been here for 10+ years now, since 2008. And this now  !!  Myself and my family are devastated. 

My Agent knew about this, but she says Why didn't I inform about my work experiences to her three years ago. I don't know how could I have informed her, when I did not know this issue. No point arguing with her now.      The skill assessment were okay with my work experience, and they approved it, yet Immi did not accept that. 

Now My ma is suggesting to go for TRT stream because I have completed two and a half years on 457.  I don't have the heart or anymore strength to go through the ordeal, all over again. 

But, I think I will be in a better mental state in the next few days..

I applied 457 in 2016,  186 DE was applied on June 2017. So the CO did not take into consideration my work experience, after June 2017.

• Sad 11

Hi everyone, 

lm following this forum from last year. First time here to ask my question from you friends. We all are same boat. I applied 186 trt in march 2018 , on 28th January 2019 CO requested business documents and last date is 25th February and immi account showed initial assessment. 

Today , I checked immi account they changed status initials assessment to FURTHER assessment. Is it worries sign or its normal. My occupation-COOK 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Giving my heartbreaking news here. My visa got refused today. The Nomination got approved but, 186 DE visa got refused. The reason being, The CO, did not find my previous work experience of "Cook" relevant to the position. 

Some of the businesses had shut down, hence I could not get reference letters from all of them. So those experiences did not count. The PAYGs or salary transactions are also not getting into consideration.

I have been here for 10+ years now, since 2008. And this now  !!  Myself and my family are devastated. 

My Agent knew about this, but she says Why didn't I inform about my work experiences to her three years ago. I don't know how could I have informed her, when I did not know this issue. No point arguing with her now.      The skill assessment were okay with my work experience, and they approved it, yet Immi did not accept that. 

Now My ma is suggesting to go for TRT stream because I have completed two and a half years on 457.  I don't have the heart or anymore strength to go through the ordeal, all over again. 

I applied 457 in 2016,  186 DE was applied on June 2017. So the CO did not take into consideration my work experience, after June 2017.

Sorry to hear about that . I understand keep faith in God.  Apply TRT. I know need lots of money. U have to stay strong. 

3 minutes ago, Div said:

Hi everyone, 

lm following this forum from last year. First time here to ask my question from you friends. We all are same boat. I applied 186 trt in march 2018 , on 28th January 2019 CO requested business documents and last date is 25th February and immi account showed initial assessment. 

Today , I checked immi account they changed status initials assessment to FURTHER assessment. Is it worries sign or its normal. My occupation-COOK 

42 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Plz go fr trt u will get it. It will be 6-8 mnths wait which is worth enough for ur last 10 yr struggle plz go fr trt 

1 hour ago, Bips22 said:

Very sorry to hear this.. Stay strong! And do take your time in deciding on your next step. 
I didn't understand the part about your Agent asking why you did not inform her? What did you not inform her about?That the businesses you previously worked at have closed down or that there are no reference letters? If it's about reference letters, did she not notice while uploading all other docs.?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Parkesy said:

That is Sh1t!

Cant even remember how long mine was. Feels like a bad dream I had. Felt a lot worse at the time.

Think though...when it comes how good its going to be 🙂

I actually came on here to check what everyone is saying about citizenship as im applying in June - that how fast things move post PR! Time stands still when you are in it but trust me, it passes.

Hey Parkesy,

After long time see you here buddy. I got same things in mind. As i also applying citizenship in september. Don’t know where to start. But heard about it from those friends who applied and waiting and waiting and waiting...

Though i have been reading out those citizenship timeline 2015-2016 forum group to get the info.

let us know once you apply yours

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jennyc said:

I haver the same question, Normination applied in March, while Visa applied in July, 2018. Will the 12-15 months counting from Normination application or the visa application? 

Thanks so much....

@Hex has already answered this perfectly. Please see below: 

- I've excluded the negative possibilities, as we all know what they are (we don't need any negativity) 🙂

• Thanks 1