Just got this response from IMMI when I sent through an email last week, pretty generic but it's good to at last get a response!

Thank You very much for your email.  We aim to finalise majority of visa applications at the earliest, however some applications may take longer to process due to various factors, such as internal checks, health and character. Your application is actively being processed.  In due course you, or your authorised representative, will be notified if there is anything else required from your side.

Please see auto response, which you would have received, when you sent the email below.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @Hex

Obviously not a professional, but I'm under the impression that PR is a visa and has a validity period (can be renewed), and if you are on a foreign passport, the PR visa is associated to that passport which you need to keep up to date with the DIBP. I think you have to go into the application on the immi account and go through the 'update details' link. The end would be the  visa validity if not renewed, or citizenship....this is my uneducated guess, so please correct me if mistaken!!

Absolutely correct. If going abroad and coming back to Australia, the border agents check the passport and they find the visa associated with the passport. You don't present a print out of your grant when you come back in Australia to demonstrate that you are allowed in. 

If you use MyVevo app, you will see that you have your passport number linked to your grant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi Hex,

Your Australian PR is linked to your Passport.  So once you get a new passport you will need to update this.

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/what-if-i-have-a-new-passport

What if I have a new passport?

If you have been issued with a new passport since your Australian visa was granted, you must notify us of your new passport details to ensure that your record is up-to-date. Failure to update your passport details may result in delays when travelling to Australia. You or registered organisations may be unable to check your visa details online.

We have two options with updating your passport:

For more information see Electronic visa record.

But still not clear if you have 2 passports 🙂

Now I am not sure whether it was absolutely necessary to provide the 2 passports when we applied to the visa!

5 hours ago, Nora said:

Hey @Hex Yes you shall notify the Department of any changes (check page 3 of your Visa Grant Notification) it clearly states it.

Furthermore, I too, hold two passports and provided info of both. However I use the primary one (the one I used for application and to enter the country). The secondary passport is on their records. Any changes made for either one must be notified via form 1022. Saying this, the only passport I am able to see on application, grant notice, etc will be only the primary one. You may chose which one to use.

Cheers.

IMG_20190212_133749_598.jpg

@hpaille

On 08/02/2019 at 05:25, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, normally how long does it take to grant the visa after nomination.

I know the quickest time is 1 day. what is the maximum they take to grant visa?

please share your views.

My nomination was approved on the 10/01. No news since then

• Sad 1

Hi  Guys,

A lurker here but I think I posted once or twice in this forum.

I would like to update you on my application and my colleagues as well. They are also reading (i dunno if registered) in this forum and had a go signal by one colleague to share his application status) 🙂

457 to ENS 186 TRT

Nomination and Visa applied: MAY 2018 (all of us, different dates though)
HR country 

Onshore
No. of Applicants : me- 5, colleague a - 3 colleague b - 1
Immi Status: Finalised

Approval: me - 12/02/2019 , colleague a - 08/02/2019, colleague b - 12/02/2019

So processing time for us is around 8-9 months.

Hope you guys get your PR soon.

• Congratulations 15

2 minutes ago, shashing2305 said:

Hi  Guys,

I would like to update you on my application and my colleagues as well. They are also reading (i dunno if registered) in this forum and had a go signal by one colleague to share his application status) 🙂

457 to ENS 186 TRT

HR country 

Onshore

@shashing2305 Congrats!! Whats your occupation?

11 hours ago, Suusz said:

Hi all!

my MA finally send an email to immigration last week as I have passed the 18 months. However we got kind of a standard reply, but want to share it anyway.

Processing time are an indication of how long it takes to process 75% of applications and 90%. Individually cases might vary because of:

- TRT vs. DE

- Occupation ( If its on the Medium term list or not)

- Company Size and turnover

I dont think everyone is on the spreadsheet, including myself, but I have not seen any Restaurant Managers Approved that applied for a 186 DE after me. Only TRT or DE in another occupation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info, we both are in a very similar situation so I’ll keep watching how your situation is evolving 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shashing2305 said:

Hi  Guys,

457 to ENS 186 TRT

HR country 

Onshore

Just now I.look another august 2018  nomination approved. Want to share with u guys

Screenshot_20190212-231958_Facebook.jpg

12 hours ago, ZacW said:

Hi guys,

Just checked my immiaccount and I found that my PR is granted today!!

Please find my details here:

State: NSW
Stream: 457 - 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  08/03/2018
CO requested for more documents for nomination on 12/01/2018, submitted on 07/02/2019
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination granted:  12/02/2019
IMMI Status: Finalised

Hope everyone gets their PR soon!! Love you guys😊

Hi Zac

Hope is well.

Are you able explain what the skills assessment was like for a finance broker- was it a case of proving work experience or did you have to have test of any kind? 

Many Thanks

Rob

Hey guys, 

Unfortunately, nomination was refused on the basis of unable to support my salary. This is despite not missing a pay run for a year, and even a pay increase due to hit KPIs. This is mainly as the company is a start-up, so I can understand where the case officer is coming from, but obviously frustrating. Currently looking at options of appeal or partner (thanks @Nora)

Second nomination refusal, which is a gut-punch. Thanks for all the support, and 85% of the content here really helped. Hope everyone get's their visas soon! 

• Sad 17

32 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey guys, 

Unfortunately, nomination was refused on the basis of unable to support my salary. This is despite not missing a pay run for a year, and even a pay increase due to hit KPIs. This is mainly as the company is a start-up, so I can understand where the case officer is coming from, but obviously frustrating. Currently looking at options of appeal or partner (thanks @Nora)

Second nomination refusal, which is a gut-punch. Thanks for all the support, and 85% of the content here really helped. Hope everyone get's their visas soon! 

So sorry to read this. But you will move forward! Be strong!!! Contact Salvo Migration. They are great!!!!!! Your golden time will come. You still got options. All the best!! @sbrowne9 🍀🎈🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

I am following the trend of visa and nomination approvals for 186 visas. Immi is processing Feb and March applications at the moment. I think a huge number of applicants in Feb causing the delay, however, we should consider significant periods of inactivity for all the cases (waiting time).

It seems delay is not only related to 186 visas. In the News: “An official government audit has slammed Peter Dutton's Home Affairs department for "long delays" in approving citizenship applications. Applications for citizenship have not been processed efficiently by the Department of Home Affairs," the auditors concluded. "Processing times have increased and long delays are evident between applications being lodged and decisions being taken on whether or not to confer citizenship.”   

Approvals for 186 showing different patterns at the moment. We have nominations and visas approval from June and August. If you have any thoughts or know something please share it. Immi processing applications differently? Base on occupations? organisation? Applications assigned to different teams/CO?

Edited by PKH

2 minutes ago, PKH said:

Hi Guys,

I am following the trend of visa and nomination approvals or a while. Immi is processing Feb and March applications at the moment. I think a huge number of applicants in Feb causing the delay, however, we should consider significant periods of inactivity for all the cases (waiting time).

It seems delay is not only related to 186 visas. In the News: “An official government audit has slammed Peter Dutton's Home Affairs department for "long delays" in approving citizenship applications. Applications for citizenship have not been processed efficiently by the Department of Home Affairs," the auditors concluded. "Processing times have increased and long delays are evident between applications being lodged and decisions being taken on whether or not to confer citizenship.”   

Approvals showing different patterns at the moment. We have nominations and visas approval from June and August. If you have any thoughts or know something please share it. Immi processing applications differently? Base on occupations? organisation? Applications assigned to different teams/CO?

This is a little confusing - it sounds as though you are talking about 2 different delays here.

1. The delay of 186 visa processing
2. The delay in citizenship processing

Are you asking about citizenship or 186 input?