1 minute ago, Hex said:

I very much doubt that by your company getting a certain status, you'd be exempt from typical, standard checks with regards to your visa approval. 

I would question your MA, as there I have never heard of this and would doubt (confidently) this is the case.

I agree completely, just wondered if anyone else had been given similar advice.

I’ve raised the queries with our HR department who coordinate the applications also and am waiting to hear back from them.

I’ll update when I hear back.

Just now, Gills1987 said:

I agree completely, just wondered if anyone else had been given similar advice.

I’ve raised the queries with our HR department who coordinate the applications also and am waiting to hear back from them.

I’ll update when I hear back.

Your company might gain exemption from certain items within the nomination application (as this is company related) but there is no ways this would exempt you from a Police certificate and medical. I'd suggest you get these done as, failing which would just add to the delay of your application (CO will request it, and you'll need to do it = unnecessary). 

10 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Wow, so lucky and fortunate, congrats! 

Occupation not on the medium-and-long-term-strategic-skills-list and Skill Level 2, must big a big firm / well known MA? 

No its a very small firm - only 3 of us in the office!

And I did the application by myself with my boss... I FEEL SO ALIVE!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Congratulations 3

6 minutes ago, UKAUS123 said:

No its a very small firm - only 3 of us in the office!

And I did the application by myself with my boss... I FEEL SO ALIVE!

Out of interest, was this the first 186 Nomination in the company?

Reason I ask, is my manager was our first in the  business, and his PR was approved within 3 months, everyone else over 8 months.. Curious if there's a link between first nominations being solicited by a separate IMMI team. 

3 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Reason I ask, is my manager was our first in the  business, and his PR was approved within 3 months, everyone else over 8 months.. Curious if there's a link between first nominations being solicited by a separate IMMI team. 

I'm the first from my company to go for sponsorship, and currently creeping up on the 12 month mark with my agent saying it could be another 6-12 months....could be a link, but I personally don't think so

21 hours ago, Hex said:

If you already have PR, then why do you want to update your application (which I suspect would be finalized)? 

Even with a PR, the immigration still want to have your details up to date. Details include postal address and passport number. The visa is linked to a passport number and MUST be up to date

9 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

The whole application has just been pure luck! I do not know who is looking down on me from above... 

But like everyone on here, this process has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety. 

It is a very small firm, we did the application ourselves, and I am the first and only immigrant to work for the company.

I have been totally blessed and I am very grateful.

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 1

14 minutes ago, Bips22 said:

Hi Muks, Congratulations..🎉 Enjoy your big News  💥 .....  QUESTION - How did you find out, your MA forgot to upload the documents ? Appreciate your response.

I was submitted my all the documents to my MA at the time of lodging but I haven't check my immi account, When Immi asked for documents I was shocked why they asking same documents again and then I check my immi account to see those documents which was forgot to attach by my MA.

You can see all the attached documents in immi account by clicking on attached documents.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/passport-details

You can update your passport details by two ways online or via post

Agree, but I was curious in the case of 2 passports. My kids have 2 nationalities, and my MA requested both passports. Now, one of them has changed and normally I must update the details on the visa, but I can only see one passport on the account.

1 minute ago, hpaille said:

Even with a PR, the immigration still want to have your details up to date. Details include postal address and passport number. The visa is linked to a passport number and MUST be up to date

I've never heard of this, would you mind please sharing any documentation that states this? 

Once you have PR, your application is finalized - by definition, there should be no further need to update anything? 

- Also, if this is the case, what would constitute the end to this case? Citizenship? 

9 minutes ago, Hex said:

I've never heard of this, would you mind please sharing any documentation that states this? 

Once you have PR, your application is finalized - by definition, there should be no further need to update anything? 

- Also, if this is the case, what would constitute the end to this case? Citizenship? 

Hey @Hex

Obviously not a professional, but I'm under the impression that PR is a visa and has a validity period (can be renewed), and if you are on a foreign passport, the PR visa is associated to that passport which you need to keep up to date with the DIBP. I think you have to go into the application on the immi account and go through the 'update details' link. The end would be the  visa validity if not renewed, or citizenship....this is my uneducated guess, so please correct me if mistaken!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @Hex

Obviously not a professional, but I'm under the impression that PR is a visa and has a validity period (can be renewed), and if you are on a foreign passport, the PR visa is associated to that passport which you need to keep up to date with the DIBP. I think you have to go into the application on the immi account and go through the 'update details' link. The end would be the  visa validity if not renewed, or citizenship....this is my uneducated guess, so please correct me if mistaken!!

I'm curious to know if this is the case, as I was under the impression that a "PR renewal" - RRV (resident return visa), was a new visa application, attached to your immi account, which upon receiving, would have an application status change of "Finalized". 

It's an interesting one, which i'm curious to know. Does anyone else have some concrete input here? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @Hex

Yes I would assume this is also correct. 

If you, say, lost your foreign passport, and obtained a new one, you would need to let the department know. If you didn't, you could have some trouble at the airport trying to return.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loktar said:

On the immi website, it is stated to tell about changes (address, phone number, relationship status etc), when you have the visa:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/temporary-residence-transition-stream#When

Oh wow, look at that - it's all there on the Immi account, within the same "Finalized" application. 

I learnt something new today - thanks guys! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hey @Hex Yes you shall notify the Department of any changes (check page 3 of your Visa Grant Notification) it clearly states it.

Furthermore, I too, hold two passports and provided info of both. However I use the primary one (the one I used for application and to enter the country). The secondary passport is on their records. Any changes made for either one must be notified via form 1022. Saying this, the only passport I am able to see on application, grant notice, etc will be only the primary one. You may chose which one to use.

Cheers.

IMG_20190212_133749_598.jpg

• Thanks 1

Visa granted yesterday!!! They called to ask my travel plans as I’m currently offshore, when they found out I didn’t need another police check they granted the visa!!!

please update the spreadsheet, I’m Sean in March also edit that my nomination was approved saturday, and it was Nswpse!

hope everybody gets their good news soon, and thanks to everyone on here who have put their timelines up on the spreadsheet, it’s been really helpful.

i partied a bit too hard last night and feel like dog poo, but knowing I’m a PR in Australia softens the blow! 

✌️Peace out and Good Luck! 

• Congratulations 26

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Hi Hex,

Your Australian PR is linked to your Passport.  So once you get a new passport you will need to update this.

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/what-if-i-have-a-new-passport

What if I have a new passport?

If you have been issued with a new passport since your Australian visa was granted, you must notify us of your new passport details to ensure that your record is up-to-date. Failure to update your passport details may result in delays when travelling to Australia. You or registered organisations may be unable to check your visa details online.

We have two options with updating your passport:

For more information see Electronic visa record.

• Thanks 1

On 08/02/2019 at 19:37, hwd said:

Hi all

Silent reader for a couple of months.  Just received good news from my MA regarding my nomination (see signature).  Any ideas how long it would take for the visa grant to come through (given that I prepared and submitted the visa application a few days after my MA submitted the nomination)?

I appreciate that I am very lucky to have received the nomination grant so fast.  Wishing you all the very best with what is a painful process that can be very distracting.

Got my Grant today.  Good luck all.  I think having to pay the SAF Levy (required for applications submitted from mid-August 2018) has made the processing faster.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 17

1 hour ago, hpaille said:

Agree, but I was curious in the case of 2 passports. My kids have 2 nationalities, and my MA requested both passports. Now, one of them has changed and normally I must update the details on the visa, but I can only see one passport on the account.

Might be worth calling immigration - I assume that permanent residency electronic visa record will be on the one that was mentioned in the Visa application so should use that, unsure if Electronic visa record can be linked to 2 passports. The two passports would of been asked for as part of the application form.  However I believe only one can have the visa attached - this is an assumption though so best to double check with immigration.

At the moment make sure any overseas travel is booked under the passport that the PR is linked to.

4 minutes ago, hwd said:

Got my Grant today.  Good luck all.  I think having to pay the SAF Levy (required for applications submitted from mid-August 2018) has made the processing faster.

Congratssss... WOoOoOW that was so fast!

Hopefully it's a good sign for everyone !

Good luck and enjoy 

1 minute ago, sydneyishuk said:

Might be worth calling immigration - I assume that permanent residency electronic visa record will be on the one that was mentioned in the Visa application so should use that, unsure if Electronic visa record can be linked to 2 passports. The two passports would of been asked for as part of the application form.  However I believe only one can have the visa attached - this is an assumption though so best to double check with immigration.

At the moment make sure any overseas travel is booked under the passport that the PR is linked to.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/traveling-as-a-dual-citizen

8 minutes ago, hwd said:

That would make sense, as the training bench mark will not be applicable to your Nomination I guess. Makes the Nominations more streamlined and easier to process.

However, they should be doing it in order of submission, just going to cause more of a drag.

Congrats anyhow! All the best

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suusz said:

Hi all!

my MA finally send an email to immigration last week as I have passed the 18 months. However we got kind of a standard reply, but want to share it anyway.

Processing time are an indication of how long it takes to process 75% of applications and 90%. Individually cases might vary because of:

- TRT vs. DE

- Occupation ( If its on the Medium term list or not)

- Company Size and turnover

I dont think everyone is on the spreadsheet, including myself, but I have not seen any Restaurant Managers Approved that applied for a 186 DE after me. Only TRT or DE in another occupation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think you're right Suusz, i'm in the same position as you...very frustrating 😞

• Sad 2