4 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys,

I'm really sorry for being annoying for everyone.

I'll update my signatures shortly, and I would like to update all of you, that i applied for my nomination first time through DE in 29th June 2017 which rejected in may 2018 without giving any solid reason, than my MA applied again for my nomination and visa together in june 2018 through TRT. So the first nomination was rejected and the second got approval. This is my story.

And actually i spoke with my MA this morning and he told me that, either it could take a day to grant visa after nomination approval or i could take 6 months, no body can tell you about the exact dates.

I'm sorry again for being annoying, I'm typing this message in my phone, I'll update my signature when I'll login in my computer.

Thanks everyone for your words and your patience.

Hi Kashif,

Can you please add your details on Spread sheet as well?

Thanks

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys,

I'll update my signatures shortly, and I would like to update all of you, that i applied for my nomination first time through DE in 29th June 2017 which rejected in may 2018 without giving any solid reason, than my MA applied again for my nomination and visa together in june 2018 through TRT. So the first nomination was rejected and the second got approval. This is my story.

And actually i spoke with my MA this morning and he told me that, either it could take a day to grant visa after nomination approval or i could take 6 months, no body can tell you about the exact dates.

I'm sorry again for being annoying, I'm typing this message in my phone, I'll update my signature when I'll login in my computer.

All good, but why so many questions if you have a MA to be able to answer most the questions?

Edited by Shaun_R

26 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys,

Good luck - I hope you'll have your PR soon 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajk said:

Did you lodge you nomination and Visa together? you were lucky to get in one week. But there were lot of cases where they are still waiting .

yes i understand, lets hope for the best and everyone get at their earliest

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shaun_R said:

Oooooohhhhhh my greatness!!! Just got our GOLDEN Email, PR granted!!

💥😎

Timeline updated in my signature.

Congratulations mate! now I'm getting exciting for my golden email too. Might need to wait longer but its worth the wait anyway!

Congratulations once again!

• Like 1

Hi forum,

somebody requested screenshots to another user to validate his claims of a long wait...thought that it is a nice idea (the masochist I am)!

Here my timeline...heavily redacted of course and a few milestones are not there (chiefly the good news, as these came from the Administrative Tribunal and not from Immi), but the important stuff of my journey is there.

image.thumb.png.50986ea99f5b5cfd80a6df87330e2436.png

I'm at my wits end. Know we are now very, VERY, close...but it has been over 3 years.
In Dec 2018 I've been told that the medicals we had were still valid. A month later I am asked again for the medicals (now invalid). We had them completed mere three hours after the request (through luck and determination to complete the process ASAP) and now we are waiting for the reply from them.
Hopefully it will be the last reply and it will be a visa grant.

I know we are there, but I also know that we missed so many things in these three years...for a visa processing that should have lasted less than 6 months instead (according to the original processing time when the application has been submitted).

The sacrifices and the stress that both me and my wife have endured. The opportunities we had to pass on. The joys we had to postpone to an indefinite "when the visa will be granted". All of it are buckets and buckets of stones on our chests.

When I speak about the stress involved in such a long wait on a bridge visa to many here in Australia, I'm almost always dismissed and brushed away.
Many don't get the stark advantage of having a sponsored visa, or a Working Holiday, or a student! They have a finite deadline! They know what are the boundaries and how to move within them.

For us few, on a bridge visa from years, each day is pretty much a torture. I'll be honest when saying that, when I received the first refusal (well over 4 months late, according to the original processing time) I was almost relieved. I had a sentence and now the ball was again on my side of the pitch and it was my turn to counter with the best I had.

Now, I have a few things to ask to this forum:

If you are waiting from 1 year or so:

don't stress. If your application has been submitted according to the books and you submitted all the needed evidences, then there is nothing else to do than wait. Be confident that the processing time is not as bad and as unreliable as it has been in the past months.

You will get there and all of this will just be a speck of dust in your huge picture of memories.
Stressing when still within a reasonable margin from the average processing time is pointless and will do no help. At the same time, you will likely find little consolation on this thread, many are on your same boat and as puzzled (and terrified) as you are.

If you are waiting from more than the 90% processing time:

I feel your pain. I really do. I've been, and I still am, there.
Seems like a never-ending nightmare. But I always looked forward to the certainty that there was an end to all of this, that I was in the right and with a lawful application and that things would have got right if I pushed enough in the right direction. Do the same.

Also calling Immi or writing them is likely not gonna help you much here...but you never know! We found that there was a mistake in my wife's file that popped up from we do not know where (rechecked all the application and docs submitted and all was correct). We found a nice soul (or one of the people deserving her wage, if you want to use less spiritual concepts) at the call center who spotted the issue and helped us to push the correction. We had no visibility at all on this mistake, so had no way to know about it and solve it if not for that lucky call.

Keep in mind that not all the ones that you will find on your path will be as helpful!
In one call to the Immi I have been told that the only thing I had to do was leaving the country and to not come back (the call has been lawfully recorded, in line with regulation, and is one of my treasured possessions of this trip). And this after over 40 minutes waiting at the phone.
At the same time, keep in mind that calling or emailing them every day is not going to do you any good and will only occupy their time even more.

If you have submitted a fraudulent application and you know it:

you have only one way to redeem yourself. Withdraw it now. Don't let it become another case pushing shortsighted policy makers, going for the easy win of populism, to harden even further the process, making it more of a pain for all of us who are doing everything lawfully.
I am confident that the process became such a nightmare at least in part because of people submitting fraudulent applications.

Yeah, yeah. I know: withdrawing now you will lose your shot at it, after having invested the money. Maybe you have even been suggested this path by some shady employer/agent/whatever and you feel is not your fault. Nah, you're in it. Your name is in it.
If you really want to be selfish, think that if you get caught you lose your money anyway, plus would get as bonus a likely ban from Australia.

If you really don't want to redeem yourself...well, then just disappear. And I don't mean stuff like "die with unbearable pain and torture"; let's not get violent. I mean vanish! Puff! Dissolve yourself in quarks. Possibly in outer space as I assume the process would liberate quite a bit of energy. A**Hole energy.

If you are a MA, or even better a case officer:

put yourself in our shoes. Think at how hard it is to program anything and do anything long-term if you are on a bridge visa. Think that what are daily hiccups for someone who can afford the joy of planning and thinking forward, becomes huge burdens for a person that might get a "nah matey, that's not you country anymore! G'day!" any moment.

Yeah, I know, might seem a bit exaggerated. But on the long run even joys can become sufferings if you know you have to pass on them. You can touch the joys, but can't make them yours.

Be clear with the person you are assisting. Be realistic, thorough and considerate. And yes, we know you might have a bad day, but don't let this affect your job. Dealing with immigration is dealing with people lives. Often entire families. That's not an exaggeration for sure.

For all of us:

during the years/months, this forum made me realize that for some people a PR in Australia through the 186 right now is simply not worth the stress and efforts. I agree!

If you feel that you would lose more than what you will get and have a better path to reach your objectives, go for it and avoid the 186!
Not saying that to demotivate peoples. But after going through 3 years of this ordeal, I know that there are many things that you could miss in a worst case scenario and a thorough analysis of all possibilities, risks and benefits is due before committing to any choice. If my circumstances would have been different (older, with kids, etc), these 3 years could have been much harsher.

If you are in doubt, then study and study and study! Be thorough before committing the money, time and stress.

If you know that your case is strong and you are confident about your nomination and application, then don't sweat. You will get it.
Just be informed, spend time reading and understanding the rules and laws (don't blindly trust anybody) and actively push for your goals if you feel things are going sideways. Plan for the long trip and enjoy it should it reveal to be a short ride!

That's all I guess. Sorry for the long post. Hopefully we'll have good news to share soon!

Edited by Lion
spelling and punctuation
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Syed Ali said:

Thanks to God, nomination approved today.

Here is my situation 

Restuarant Manager (italian restaurant)

State: Victoria (Melbourne)

Number of applicants :2

Nomination Lodged date : 14th Feb 2018

Nomination approved date: 7th Feb 2019

Congrats,

Look guys, i told all of you immi looking restaurant managers applications now a days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syed Ali said:

Here is my situation 

Hi Syed, would you mind telling if you applied through TRT or DE? Cheers

Hi everyone, i've been a silent reader for some time now, and it's so nice to see how everyone support each other.

It seems like almost all of you have a MA... anyone else did their application by themselves? do you guys think it would matter to CO/Immi?

Also, anyone who could explain how the google sheet works? I just registered and don't know how to put my details in.

Good luck to you all in the meantime!

27 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Even since morning, everybody talking about me and considering me as a fake applicant.

I told them restaurant manager applications are in consideration now but they don't believe. Hence another restaurant manager proved my truthiness.

Thank God

Because you see a few "Restaurant Manager" grants on this forum does not mean they are specifically looking at Restaurant Managers.

Remember, what you see on here is a very small % of total applicants. 

Grants that appear to be trends on here need to be taken with a pinch of salt as there will be thousands of PR applicants that are not on this forum or on our spreadsheet.

People considered you a fake applicant due to the inconsistency of your posts - nothing else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Syed Ali said:

Here is my situation 

Got the visa grant as well just now, 😁🤗🙏😁😁

• Congratulations 14

35 minutes ago, Billinaussie said:

Hi all bros and sis,

Is anyone here applying and waiting for 186 Direct Entry onshore on baker title? 

Pls share me to keep high spirit since 11/2017 🙂

Cheers!

Hi, i don’t know what happened to your case, i applied as a Baker same time as you. I got my pr sept 18. You need to get through your MA contacting to immi if you hired a MA. By this time you should be approved your one. Bad luck but good luck awaiting. 

Cheers !

Edited by KazBaker

20 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Hi, i don’t know what happened to your case, i applied as a Baker same time as you. I got my pr sept 18. You need to get through your MA contacting to immi if you hired a MA. By this time you should be approved your one. Bad luck but good luck awaiting. 

Cheers !

Thanks for your words. My case is a Direct entry, while yours is TRT.

Some of my friends also got same time as yours.

God bless 🙂

1 hour ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Even since morning, everybody talking about me and considering me as a fake applicant.

I told them restaurant manager applications are in consideration now but they don't believe. Hence another restaurant manager proved my truthiness.

Thank God

Wish u get Ur visa soon 

Hi all

Silent reader for a couple of months.  Just received good news from my MA regarding my nomination (see signature).  Any ideas how long it would take for the visa grant to come through (given that I prepared and submitted the visa application a few days after my MA submitted the nomination)?

I appreciate that I am very lucky to have received the nomination grant so fast.  Wishing you all the very best with what is a painful process that can be very distracting.

• Congratulations 10