Just got an update from my MA: one of my colleagues just got her PR granted yesterday. Here are the details of her application:

- Management Consultant (same job, position and company as me)

- Direct Entry, 2 applicants, LR country

- Nomination and application submitted: 12 January 2018

- PR granted: 6 February 2019 (processing time of approx. 13 months...)

My MA believes I'll hear from immigration about my application in 2-3 months (i.e. processing time for me of 13-14 months...) However, I'm hopeful that it could be sooner if the theory about looking at applications by occupation is correct (i.e. if they decided to catch up on Management Consultant applications for instance!)

• Like 8
  • Congratulations 5

1 hour ago, Pinky117 said:

Hi everyone, who is still waiting on further assessment and how long have you been waiting?

I'm sitting on further assessment since 26 Jan and its just very frustrating.

I am waiting from 20 months and further assessment June 2018.

9 hours ago, Chris Jo said:

Hi,

Just joined because i need to do something. We applied back in March 2017! It's been 23 months and no idea why it's taking so long. Don't feel i can trust my agent and not sure what to do?

Almost 2 years and no news whatsoever, I feel you mate... the way they are processing applications makes no sense at all - some Restaurant manager members who applied 1 year after you got their PR granted last week. Same occupation, same stream and same country risk. But PR in less than a year. I’m happy for them but it’s unbelievable how some other applicants can be left aside. It really is a game of luck - the luck of having one’s application assigned quickly and the luck of having a CO that doesn’t request too much extra documentation.

It looks like they are now processing some restaurant managers applications (finally), stay put, hopefully you’ll hear from them soon.

Hi everyone, who is still waiting on further assessment and how long have you been waiting?
I'm sitting on further assessment since 26 Jan and its just very frustrating.

I applied visa + nomination on 11/5/17. CO asked docs twice.... last submitted docs on 6/12/17 ....status changed to further assessment.....and since then it hasn’t changed at all ... been 21 months... still waiting
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, SAJ.N said:

Hi KBK,

Is your agent Deloitte / similar company with processing priority or normal agent ?

There is nothing called priority processing for an agent. Bigger agents tend to be more thorough, based on experience, but that their name is not supposed to have any impact on the processing of the application. In terms of the sponsoring employer, bigger ones will tend to  get their way (not necessarily quicker) only because from a CO perspective, they have less to investigate about in terms of the legitimacy of the company.

9 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, normally how long does it take to grant the visa after nomination.

I know the quickest time is 1 day. what is the maximum they take to grant visa?

please share your views.

1 week max

41 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I have a question to ask, normally how long does it take to grant the visa after nomination.

I know the quickest time is 1 day. what is the maximum they take to grant visa?

please share your views.

Please update your signature.