16 hours ago, KamSingh said:

State: NSW

Stream: 186 

457 Visa started: 15 May 2015

186 Nomination & Visa Applied: June 23rd 2017

Do you mean may 2019 it will expire?

i think there is someone else here in a similar situation. Because once the 457 expires I think you cant lodge a new (partner) visa onshore. So I suggest wait closer so the expiry date of your 457 and change to partner visa end of april if you still haven’t heard anything?

12 minutes ago, Suusz said:

Do you mean may 2019 it will expire?

i think there is someone else here in a similar situation. Because once the 457 expires I think you cant lodge a new (partner) visa onshore. So I suggest wait closer so the expiry date of your 457 and change to partner visa end of april if you still haven’t heard anything?

Yes its me @KamSingh , but my 457 expires 2nd march.

I am probably going to withdraw 186 and apply for partner visa if I do not hear very soon. 🤞

Hi guys just sharing my timeline with you all.

Position Restaurant manager DE

High risk country 

Visa and nomination applied 04/04/2017

Status Further assessment ( nomination hasn’t been approved yet)

We had to provide all documents again, financials, prove of employment, health exams, police check...

Trying to keep my faith, but every day that goes by it just gets harder!!!

Good luck everyone!!

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 3

10 minutes ago, Flav said:

High risk country 

We had to provide all documents again, financials, prove of employment, health exams, police check...

Good luck everyone!!

How long have you been in 'further assessment'
could you maybe put your timeline in signature?

Go to account settings. On the left-hand side there is a menu, choose 'signature' , copy one of the members' signatures there and change your details.

12 minutes ago, Flav said:

High risk country 

Good luck everyone!!

Me TOO from April 2017- nomination not approved yet-Further assessment 😞  still hopeful:)

10 minutes ago, sawar said:

Hi there, what if employer doesn't pay annual package as per the contract of employment, which both signed before applying nomination and PR, PR has been granted 

Hey @sawar, not quite sure what you mean by 'annual package', but it sounds like an issue to raise with Fair Work Ombudsman, as any payment related issue should be brought up with them, as Immigration don't really deal with that. You'll have a good chance of outcome if you have a signed contract.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sawar said:

@sbrowne9Thanks, i mean to say what if my employer dont pay me salary which is mentioned on contract of employer of 186 ENS visa and nomination application even after PR is granted

So they are paying you less than what is on the contract? Have you spoke to them to find out why they are paying you less than what is agreed?

IMMI may check your payslip against your contract - the difference in salary may be a red flag. If you've already got your PR then you should be fine. Id just suggest you take this up with your employer.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, boo-yaa said:

So they are paying you less than what is on the contract? Have you spoke to them to find out why they are paying you less than what is agreed?

IMMI may check your payslip against your contract - the difference in salary may be a red flag.

@boo-yaa yes I am getting less, so my PR will be in trouble? ? in this case can i leave my job?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

If you already have your PR you should be fine. Remember, your required to have made a genuine attempt to stay in the position with your employer for 2 years. 

That's interesting..  Wondering how do you prove that you made a genuine attempt to stay in the position?

8 minutes ago, hibye said:

That's interesting..  Wondering how do you prove that you made a genuine attempt to stay in the position?

This has been discussed many times on the forum and seems to be a grey area.

If anyone does plan to leave their sponsored employer before the 2 years id recommend leaving on good terms. IMMI generally don't keep tags on you and check you are still working there but I suppose all it takes is your ex-employer to call and inform them.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, hibye said:

You don't actually have to prove anything, only in the case that your company reported you to IMMI, or they found out you planned to leave when your VISA was approved.

It's a written clause with no legal binding. To my knowledge, IMMI do not need to be notified when you leave with a 186, whilst they do with a 457 Sponsored role for example. 

• Thanks 1

Hi All, 

Those wondering for entitlements for paid gov parental leave (for partner:fathers) we asked today at Centrelink/Medicare and the lady confirmed that those who become PR as of 01/Jan/19 onwards shall wait two years to receive this entitlement. And for tax family benefit a year. More info on mygov.com.au

Went today to get the green medicare card as PR!!!

Congrats to all getting their PR, nominations approved or even files getting looked at. Your big day is coming!!!!🍀🎆🎈

Edited by Nora
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Nora said:

Hi All, 

Those wondering for entitlements for paid gov parental leave (for partner:fathers) we asked today at Centrelink/Medicare and the lady confirmed that those who become PR as of 01/Jan/19 onwards shall wait two years to receive this entitlement. And for tax family benefit a year. More info on mygov.com.au

Went today to get the green medicare card as PR!!!

Congrats to all getting their PR, nominations approved or even files getring looked at. Your big day is coming!!!!🍀🎆🎈

Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍

Yes no worries.. Was hoping we were eligible. But when they say "new arriving residents" they include those who have lived here but JUST BECAME PR. So...we missed out for 29 days...but oh well. Hehe . Yes no worries. Best of luck!!!!!!

Edited by Nora
  • Like 1

First Monday of February. New week, new month, new hope.

Best of luck every one, hopefully this month will be the luckiest ine for all of us.

Again i have new question today.

My restaurant is not in regional area, but this area is very regional area between Sydney and Gosford. Can we write a note in the application to tell the immigration that this is a low population area, so they can process application quickly?

Please reply.

3 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

First Monday of February. New week, new month, new hope.

Best of luck every one, hopefully this month will be the luckiest ine for all of us.

Again i have new question today.

My restaurant is not in regional area, but this area is very regional area between Sydney and Gosford. Can we write a note in the application to tell the immigration that this is a low population area, so they can process application quickly?

Please reply.

@Kashif.Iqbal
If it is not a regional area, then writing a letter wouldn't change anything.
- It's not like by you telling them it has a low population that it means they will then change the list of regional areas and add it to the list 🙂 

Unfortunately, as we keep saying - you just need to be patient. Your wait, although it feels like crazy long is still within the timelines. Be patient, it'll come! 

Edited by Hex
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whites.uk said:

You don't actually have to prove anything, only in the case that your company reported you to IMMI, or they found out you planned to leave when your VISA was approved.

It's a written clause with no legal binding. To my knowledge, IMMI do not need to be notified when you leave with a 186, whilst they do with a 457 Sponsored role for example. 

@Whites.uk sorry i didnt get you