12 hours ago, Nora said:

On your Immi account, you shall find the status and under that name of applicants with birth date following by the word "Granted". Once you open  the Visa Grant Details..you will find the letter. The letter will say they have granted you an Employer nomination etc (...)

They can't grant you without granting the nomination. So, If it says finalised on your account and reads "granted" it means YOU ARE PR!!!!🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 Time to celebrate. 

Sweeet! That’s me granted 1st Feb then! Thanks everyone and best of luck!

• Congratulations 6

3 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi @Charly, It's too late now you applied in September 17, did you MA contact IMMI?

Contacting IMMI is of no use. Even though I am now past processing times, the only answer you get is « 10% of the applications take longer than the suggested processing times. We cannot track your application, all you can do is keep waiting »...

On 25/01/2019 at 02:00, Gighen87 said:

Dear Tiziana, I feel for you and I'm exactly in the same situation, cook 16 june 2017.

Probably you and your husband are tired as I am, I suppose you guys as well found a sponsorship and sacrifice a lot of your life to stay here!

Listen to me, you're not alone

I've worked so many extra hours for disgusting money hungry bastards, I started my job with all the passion and the experience I have and now waiting for my visa to be approved and in those days I became to strongly belive that I'm not going to have a positive outcome at the end of this story for many reasons, lets clarify them:

1 I work for dodgy people

2 Is a shit business and only people on visa and miserables are working there, in fact they abused of sponsorship because is the only way for them to find workers ( god is great, government changed the rules isn't like that anymore) since then no more new cooks/chefs

3 With me, 3 other cooks waiting long time for pr

4 Visas can be refused for different reasons, so even if you are a good,lived in Australia for many years, did everything correctly sure not a criminal ecx they have the power to rejected you because of business nominations for example

5 Cook is not on the long term list, and so far I only seen cook application rejected, not approved

6 Is unbelievably unfair the waiting time, a total joke.I'm suspicious that they don't look at ur application to take time and advantage the business before they rejecting

Would I do the same again?

Absolutely not, but I had a good lesson

So what to do when you know all this things?

I choose to do so, and I will go until the end

Whatever you decide to do just make sure if for the best and the happiness of your family, then you'll win anyway!

Good luck! xx

So TRue, am on the same boat. Cook. Applied on June 2017. 10 and half years in Australia. Did everything right. And worked so hard. It is so frustrating.

But Please stay positive. Trust in God, the higher power. When he wills, no one can challenge him.  Praying for all of us !! All the best .

• Like 1

On 25/01/2019 at 12:03, ChrisBK said:

Good morning!

So, there's a lot of frustration from a lot of people, and it's totally understandable. I'm still waiting for the golden email too, I've been through a lot. I was made redundant just before Christmas (applied to PR on 28 February 2018), so imagine. But I fought for it, and they put me in another business unit. Never give up, never give in.

Guys, the way law of attraction works is like this: The more you express a certain emotion, the more of that emotion (or experience) you will get. If you express 'frustration', the "universe" will give you more of this. If you express happiness, the universe will give you more happiness. It's all about on what frequency you're at. You can believe or not, but do the following:

1- Write down in a piece of paper a letter of what you want to get right now. For example, a V for Visa. Draw two circles around it (one circle is a magnetic field, and the other one an electromagnetic field). We create an electromagnetic field when we think and express, and this has been measured by science. Google it.

2- On the left of the paper, write down: Intention.

3- Under intention, write what do you want, how are you going to live this experience once you get this.

4- On the right side, write the title "elevated emotion".

5- Under this title, write down how are you going to feel when you get the V. Write down: in love with life, happy, grateful.

6- Now, close your eyes, and imagine that this experience already happened. It's also scientifically proven that the mind doesn't know the difference between a real experience or one that you create in your mind. If you create an experience in your mind, your brain will change everything as if the experience really happened. And that's when the universe will give it to you.

7- You need to feel those elevated emotions, all day. No frustration allowed, don't rush time, don't get angry. Just, live the present moment. It's better to be here waiting for the PR than in another worse circumstance. Let's be grateful, patient.

Nothing to lose by doing this. Start now, live the present! The visa will come! But live like if it already happened. It's a challenge? Yes, but try!

All the best.

Chris

So well said. Thanks.  So well said .. "If you express happiness, the universe will give you more happiness. " You made my day. God bless 💥

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charly said:

Contacting IMMI is of no use. Even though I am now past processing times, the only answer you get is « 10% of the applications take longer than the suggested processing times. We cannot track your application, all you can do is keep waiting »...

They have standard lines for us.you have to wait.some applications take longer.and can’t check your file etc:

On 01/02/2019 at 13:09, Freakyluv said:

Silent reader her for the last 11 months. First time posting. 

Yesterday i checked my application  online and found that it is in initial assessment stage however immigration was asking for additional documentation for my partner (police clearance and proof of English) both of which i know i sent to my MA as part of my application. When i checked the documents uploaded for my application, i found that 1 police clearance was not uploaded and his English certificates were not there. 

When I spoke to my MA, she advised that it was an issue from department and they sent them an email together with the documents to clarify that it has been uploaded before. (not entirely sure i want to believe this.) 

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that its best to do a bit of checking and due diligence. I wouldn't have found out that my nomination was approved or that there were missing documents if I didn't check 😞 and now I'm regretting that I did  not check earlier to ensure all was uploaded when i got access to my application. (via help from this forum of course! 🙂 )

Hi, Thanks for your post. How can i check if all my documents are getting uploaded by my MA. My immi account doesnt show details of documents uploaded.

5 hours ago, Gur said:

hello everyone i was a silent reader before just wana share my news with you guys my nomination is approved 

application lodged 14 march2018 

position restaurant manager 

Good on you mate, more than half of the job done!

Still, I don’t understand how come you got your nomination appeoved after 11 months and I still haven’t heard anything at all after nearly 17 months... it just makes no sense. What state are you in?

Edited by Charly
  • Like 1

Silent reader for almost 6 months, i am posting today bcz a lot of Restaurant Managers here r very depressed bcz they r not seeing any grants in the forum so guys relax and wait for the moment of ur life and trust ur Almighty as he has a plan for everyone.

Nomination & Visaa applied: 17thFeb2018

Nomination approved: 19th december 2018

January 15th 2019, i was too worried that y nothing’s coming, so i asked my MA to send a email regarding my APC and Medical is expiring soon so either give decision or extend my Apc & Med and  luckily after 3 days a case officer replied and said they will open my file before my Apc & Medical expires and if not just send them an reminder, so finally 

Visa grant: 1st Feb 2019🤩 🎉 🥳 

**no documents asked**

i know how it feels, this waiting game, uncertainty but guys b strong just dont give up.  wish u guys get what u guys worked hard for and best wishes to u all.

**my suggestions for future applicants use a good MA and also do ur own research before u apply.**

(plz ignore for any sentence mistakes)

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 10

8 hours ago, ksb said:

Silent reader for almost 6 months, i am posting today bcz a lot of Restaurant Managers here r very depressed bcz they r not seeing any grants in the forum so guys relax and wait for the moment of ur life and trust ur Almighty as he has a plan for everyone.

Nomination & Visaa applied: 17thFeb2018

Nomination approved: 19th december 2018

January 15th 2019, i was too worried that y nothing’s coming, so i asked my MA to send a email regarding my APC and Medical is expiring soon so either give decision or extend my Apc & Med and  luckily after 3 days a case officer replied and said they will open my file before my Apc & Medical expires and if not just send them an reminder, so finally 

Visa grant: 1st Feb 2019🤩 🎉 🥳 

**no documents asked**

i know how it feels, this waiting game, uncertainty but guys b strong just dont give up.  wish u guys get what u guys worked hard for and best wishes to u all.

**my suggestions for future applicants use a good MA and also do ur own research before u apply.**

(plz ignore for any sentence mistakes)

Congratulations mate!!!

Was it TRT application?

Did your MA have a direct contact to IMMI or did they just send a general enquiry?

Hi Everyone

I've been a silent reader here for an year now.

Lodged 186 on 23rd June 2017, so currently on 19 months and still waiting for an update.

My 457 expires in May 2018.

But this long wait has put my life on standstill.

In late 2017, i met my other better half and she is a citizen here. We got married end of 2018.

In the meantime I've been waiting for my visa approval. We wanted to buy a house before we get married and move into our own house but not having a PR has really affected decisions in my life. 

I'm thinking of just taking back the application and apply for a spouse visa. It is really gonna put us in financial pressure as it's another 10k roughly in immigrations pocket.

Can anyone please suggest is it better to wait or just move on with other visa.

Regards

6 minutes ago, KamSingh said:

Hi Everyone

Lodged 186 on 23rd June 2017, so currently on 19 months and still waiting for an update.

In late 2017, i met my other better half and she is a citizen here. We got married end of 2018.

In the meantime I've been waiting for my visa approval. We wanted to buy a house before we get married and move into our own house but not having a PR has really affected decisions in my life. 

I'm thinking of just taking back the application and apply for a spouse visa. It is really gonna put us in financial pressure as it's another 10k roughly in immigrations pocket.

Regards

State: NSW

Stream: 186 

457 Visa started: 15 May 2015

186 Nomination & Visa Applied: June 23rd 2017

• Sad 1

On 02/02/2019 at 22:46, Charly said:

Good on you mate, more than half of the job done!

Still, I don’t understand how come you got your nomination appeoved after 11 months and I still haven’t heard anything at all after nearly 17 months... it just makes no sense. What state are you in?

From my experience here, it seems many of these same delay's seem to be affecting (not only) Restaurant Managers and Cooks / Chefs. 

- I suspect these are high risk occupations and hence, take a little longer in some cases. 

13 hours ago, KamSingh said:

Hi Everyone

Regards

This is a tough one to answer and I think is more of a personal question for yourself. 

- You do have the choice of applying for the spousal visa, but don't kid yourself if you think this will be quick (my friends took a little over 2 years and face to face interviews - in her case).

Be positive though cause either way, at least you have a way in.