3 hours ago, itbk said:

Congrats! So is it 32 days after they requested more info?

I bet case officer requests more documents then opens file again after 30 days and decide if the visa is granted...

Edit: I was wrong, as @Tomlfc1992 pointed out below, he is waiting more than 30 days after delivering police checks. Sorry!

Edited by hibye
rectifying misleading statement

Does anyone have any experience of receiving "Parental Leave Pay" after being granted PR?

My friend is due to have a baby in the next month and has just been granted PR. His partner was going to apply for the Paternal Leave Pay once the baby is born. However according to the following link, there is a NARWP. 

https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates

Most migrants granted permanent residency from 1 January 2019 must wait up to four years before they can access certain welfare payments and concession cards. This period is called the Newly Arrived Resident’s Waiting Period (NARWP).

Now for me it contradicts itself. As you could have lived in Australia for many years before PR is granted, so in effect your not "Newly Arrived.

I advised him to call them up to clarify. I thought it was important to share on here though - as could effect peoples plans to have a baby.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, itbk said:

Congrats! So is it 32 days after they requested more info?

Yes!!!!! Saturday would have been 35 days!!! Soo so blessed. Hopefully your grants come through!! Literally, I checked this morning at 9:45am and at 10ish it changed to Finalised.💗 

• Congratulations 4

18 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Does anyone have any experience of receiving "Parental Leave Pay" after being granted PR?

My friend is due to have a baby in the next month and has just been granted PR. His partner was going to apply for the Paternal Leave Pay once the baby is born. However according to the following link, there is a NARWP. 

Most migrants granted permanent residency from 1 January 2019 must wait up to four years before they can access certain welfare payments and concession cards. This period is called the Newly Arrived Resident’s Waiting Period (NARWP).

Now for me it contradicts itself. As you could have lived in Australia for many years before PR is granted, so in effect your not "Newly Arrived.

I advised him to call them up to clarify. I thought it was important to share on here though - as could effect peoples plans to have a baby.

This was interesting and something I was not aware of - wow, talk about cutting it close (mine was granted in November). 

It looks like it's the wording that deceiving; 

- "Newly Arrived Resident’s". If you arrived a long time ago, you wouldn't be a resident, just a newly arrived foreigner I guess.  

Let us know what the MA says, however, I suspect it would be legit and stand (not ideal).

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

In this case they should get less tax from us since we cannot get those benefits! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boo-yaa said:

Also this says "MOST MIGRANTS" granted permanent residency from 1 January 2019 - I guess this would not apply to those who have been here for a number of years surely?

4 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Also this says "MOST MIGRANTS" granted permanent residency from 1 January 2019 - I guess this would not apply to those who have been here for a number of years surely?

I think they are referring to the migrants that can apply for exceptions. See this:
"More information on these changes is provided in the Waiting period for welfare payments for new migrants and Exemptions from the Newly Arrived Resident’s Waiting Period fact sheets."
- In there, for certain conditions and reasons, a migrant can request exemption. 

Seems pretty straight forward, this would apply to (almost) everyone granted PR after Jan 1. 

I'd love to be told I'm wrong and hence, look forward to the feedback from boo-yaa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

I think they are referring to the migrants that can apply for exceptions. See this:
"More information on these changes is provided in the Waiting period for welfare payments for new migrants and Exemptions from the Newly Arrived Resident’s Waiting Period fact sheets."
- In there, for certain conditions and reasons, a migrant can request exemption. 

Seems pretty straight forward, this would apply to (almost) everyone granted PR after Jan 1. 

I'd love to be told I'm wrong and hence, look forward to the feedback from boo-yaa. 

I gave the relevant department a call regarding it however was on hold for around 30 minutes so gave up.

Found some more info here - http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/2/2/4/50

Interesting....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hibye said:

Oh no. Maybe it is something related to AFP and their timelines?

Anyway, fingers crossed for you mate. I am sure it is around the corner!

I hope so! I believe the AFP is valid for 12 months. I got mine on 2nd February 2018 and it was resubmitted same day the CO requested it on 23rd November. Reminds me actually, I should probably renew it and reupload. Wouldn't have thought it would of taken over 12 months for it to be actioned! 😞 

Hi. Guys.

Its so so glad to see a lot of pp get their pr granted.

I would like to share my situation with you guys.

I applied nomi and visa on 24th Feb 2018. Chef. Nsw. LR. 2pp

And nomination approved  on 17th Dec 2018 also requested for English Certificate for sencondary applicant which is my wife on 4th Jan 2019 and straight sudmitted it on 5th Jan 2019.

Visa status is further assessment. 

Its been 29 days.

Is it normal or I have to contact CO?

As Ive seen many pp get visa granted right soon after submitting requested documents.

Is there anyone who has similar experience with me.

Please  share yours

Many thanks

1 minute ago, Jay kim said:

Hi. Guys.

Its so so glad to see a lot of pp get their pr granted.

I would like to share my situation with you guys.

I applied nomi and visa on 24th Feb 2018. Chef. Nsw. LR. 2pp

And nomination approved  on 17th Dec 2018 also requested for English Certificate for sencondary applicant which is my wife on 4th Jan 2019 and straight sudmitted it on 5th Jan 2019.

Visa status is further assessment. 

Its been 29 days.

Is it normal or I have to contact CO?

As Ive seen many pp get visa granted right soon after submitting requested documents.

Is there anyone who has similar experience with me.

Please  share yours

Many thanks

@Jay kim This is typical - the suggested time frame is that the CO would review your case is within 28 days from requested documents being submitted (your english certificate).

However, with it being in "Further Assessment" - it seems this could take longer than that - you only need to see a few threads up of someone waiting 60+ days, and others much longer. 

- There does seem to be a difference between requested documents on a case that's in "Initial Assessment" (I've seen typical turnaround times of 35 days) vs an application in "Further Assessment" (these have no consistency to their timelines). 

I don't believe making contact with your CO would make any difference - however, this is your choice (I suspect you'd get back the typical "please wait" response).

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Jay kim This is typical - the suggested time frame is that the CO would review your case is within 28 days from requested documents being submitted (your english certificate).

However, with it being in "Further Assessment" - it seems this could take longer than that - you only need to see a few threads up of someone waiting 60+ days, and others much longer. 

- There does seem to be a difference between requested documents on a case that's in "Initial Assessment" (I've seen typical turnaround times of 35 days) vs an application in "Further Assessment" (these have no consistency to their timelines). 

I don't believe making contact with your CO would make any difference - however, this is your choice (I suspect you'd get back the typical "please wait" response).

Hi, What can make status change to further assessment? To my understanding, it is stages in the assessment process. I think it has to do with when a document is being requested by CO, after uploading, it automatically change to further assessment. 

1 minute ago, Synergy22 said:

Hi, What can make status change to further assessment? To my understanding, it is stages in the assessment process. I think it has to do with when a document is being requested by CO, after uploading, it automatically change to further assessment. 

@Synergy22 You'd think so right - but seems it's not always the case.

From my experience on this forum, it seems cases that need more interrogation for whatever reason (and possible high risk occupations) generally get moved into "Further Assessment". *Disclaimer*
- This is not a rule of thumb and there have been cases that have neither of those that are moved into that same stage, however, this is based off what I have seen and experienced. 

Personally (and with many others), my case went from "Initial Assessment" to granted - this is after being requested for extra / updated documentation (twice). 

8 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Synergy22 You'd think so right - but seems it's not always the case.

From my experience on this forum, it seems cases that need more interrogation for whatever reason (and possible high risk occupations) generally get moved into "Further Assessment". *Disclaimer*
- This is not a rule of thumb and there have been cases that have neither of those that are moved into that same stage, however, this is based off what I have seen and experienced. 

Personally (and with many others), my case went from "Initial Assessment" to granted - this is after being requested for extra / updated documentation (twice). 

Ok, a friend is in a similar situation but still under 28 days time frame.