Hi guys,

I am going to lodge the 186 Direct Entry visa. My agent would like me to obtain the Hong Kong Police check before the case officer requests it since HK police requires a official letter issued by Home Affair department to apply this police check. 

Now, I have received that letter from Home Affair department, however,  it does not specify the postal address of 186 Visa center.  Hong Kong police advised I have to provide the address for them to post the police check result directly to Home Affair department. 

Do you guys know if there is a Visa 186 DE processing center to collect all the supporting docs (e.g. police check cert/ result) for those applicant who do not have the case officer assigned yet?  If yes,  can you share the address/ GPO box number? 

Or, do you have similar experience to identify the address to post the supporting docs before we have the clear case officer assigned?

Thanks!

On 04/01/2019 at 13:56, babysleep said:

Thanks for reply! I have already received the letter, just finding place to do fingerprint ^^

Hi @Babysleep, 

I am also from Hong Kong, can you share if you have the Home Affair department address listed at the bottom part of the letter?  

my letter does not have any clue about the address and i haven't had my case officer assigned - so I am not sure which address i should used for Hong Kong police to post my HK police check cert. 

Thanks!

I've just had some good news this morning. 

3rd time lucky applying for PR.

Slightly frustrated with my migration agent as all documents have been previously provided to her other than an updated police check for AUS.

Initial Assessment Further documentation requested

Job; Building Inspector

Direct Entry, onshore

Application Lodged 28th Feb 2018

Initial Assessment; Further Documents requested  27th Jan 2019

Edited by Jharvey
  • Congratulations 11

45 minutes ago, Jharvey said:

Slightly frustrated with my migration agent as all documents have been previously provided to her other than an updated police check for AUS.

Job; Building Inspector

Direct Entry, onshore

As per the trend immi has opened the Feb 2018 and some March 2018 files, so in that case March Applicants would know something by end of Feb 2019 which is good news one more month to go to learn of our fates 😀

• Like 1

Got a movement on my PR application would like to share with you all - great start of a week! 

Initial Assessment Further documentation requested for police check from Aus and HK probably due to expiry on the ones i previously provided

ICT Business Analyst

DE, onshore

Nomination and Application Lodged on 23rd Feb 2018

Status changed to Initial Assessment and further Documents requested  28th Jan 2019

Wish everyone receive your golden email soon!

• Congratulations 5

There is Movement! My Application has been moved to Initial Assessment!!! ISSUE: They are requiring a valid passport. My South African passport expired last year Sept 2018 but the application for the new one is sitting with the South African govt since July 2018. The South African govt have given me generic timelines and expediting my passport is not an option 

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thank you

Edited by Ezzentric

10 minutes ago, Ezzentric said:

There is Movement! My Application has been moved to Initial Assessment!!! ISSUE: They are requiring a valid passport. My South African passport expired last year Sept 2018 but the application for the new one is sitting with the South African govt since July 2018. The South African govt have given me generic timelines and expediting my passport is not an option 

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thank you

@Ezzentric

Yep - I was in this situation (we needed a new passport - and birth certificate) for a newborn and our application depended on it.

- As you know and have seen, the SA home affairs isn't really helpful - however, we spent every night for about 2-3 weeks on the phone to SA (on average 50-150 calls a night (no exageration), as most calls would drop / fail) and were able to get the passport and birth certificate expedited (and even a certified copy emailed to us) to help with the application (whilst waiting for the postage). 

Basically, we begged and pleaded with every and anyone - eventually we got through to people and they helped.
- It's all about being REALLY patient and polite. If you explain your situation well enough, people do empathise. 

Through forums and LOTS of research (online / Google / anywhere), we found tons of phone numbers and just kept asking questions, till we got to the right people). 

Good luck - it's not fun, but worth it in the long run. (We were able to continue with our application, 2-3 months before we received our documents).

Hi All,

We finally received our PR on Friday after 11 months.

Lodged Feb 2018

Additional Police Check requested Dec 2018 and uploaded last Thursday

PR granted on Friday

Our application was moved to WA PESE for processing (we are based in NSW).

All updated in the spreadsheet.

Huge relief and a great feeling! Good Luck to everyone still waiting! This site has kept us semi-sane throughout so thank you!

• Congratulations 17

1 hour ago, Jharvey said:

Job; Building Inspector

Direct Entry, onshore

Congratulations to your good news

May I ask you said 3rd time lucky apply PR. What do you meant by 3rd time?

10 minutes ago, Watters said:

Hi All,

We finally received our PR on Friday after 11 months.

Lodged Feb 2018

Additional Police Check requested Dec 2018 and uploaded last Thursday

PR granted on Friday

Our application was moved to WA PESE for processing (we are based in NSW).

All updated in the spreadsheet.

Huge relief and a great feeling! Good Luck to everyone still waiting! This site has kept us semi-sane throughout so thank you!

How many days did it take for visa to be granted from the date of additional documents request?

Direct entry stream

Family of 5

Applied : May. 2018

Nomination approval : Nov 22 2018

Request for more Info: Dec 3, 2018

( AFP and Saudi Docs)

Further assessment: January 24, 2019

(Statutory Declaration) needed to finalise the application..

Hoping to received the golden letter soon.

• Congratulations 5

4 minutes ago, Magenta said:

Direct entry stream

Family of 5

( AFP and Saudi Docs)

Nomination and VISA applied in May 2018?

19 minutes ago, Magenta said:

Direct entry stream

Family of 5

( AFP and Saudi Docs)

Edited by ajk

26 minutes ago, Magenta said:

Direct entry stream

Family of 5

( AFP and Saudi Docs)

Nice! Very lucky! I applied Feb 2018 - 1 applicant DE. Fingers crossed I follow you soon!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Magenta said:

Direct entry stream

Family of 5

( AFP and Saudi Docs)

Wow can I know what Saudi Docs were requested, I was requested to submit my work permit, payslips and IQAMA document from my MA when I applied, did they ask for anything else as I am not Saudi citizen so they wont issue any police clearances to non citizens. Please let me know thanks in advance...

26 minutes ago, Pinky117 said:

Finally received some good news.

Nomination was approved on 26/01 (Saturday) and Visa application has been moved to initial assessment.

documents requested: Australia and overseas work experience.

fingers crossed I'm close to my golden email.

Hi Pinky, can I know if they asked you overseas work experience before nomination approval, what evidences did you provide for your over seas experience 

11 minutes ago, galisuman said:

Hi Pinky, can I know if they asked you overseas work experience before nomination approval, what evidences did you provide for your over seas experience 

No, they have not requested before nomination approval. I initially provided experience letter from my previous employer but my MA suggested to provide payslips, and employment contract as well.