3 hours ago, CPP said:

Hey guys,

For those who’ve been through training benchmark A, how did you guys prove that the training was given to PR and Citizen staffs? I am thinking of getting a letter from the person who gave us a seminar for TB A. Any better ideas? 

Thanks in advance

My company wrote the names of participants on the invoice.

Letter from training provider is a good idea. I suggest that it includes also the confirmation that the training cost has been paid in total. You should also upload the training material (including training content for each training day) and attendance sheet.

And first of all, pray for positive outcome!

• Like 1

Hi all. 

Been a silent reader for a while. I applied end of feb 18 for 186 visa and my occupation is a hairdresser from uk.  Seems immigration are making progress with the applicants who applied before March. Is there any other hairdressers on here? Just wanting to get a rough idea of how long to expect for the occupation? 

Thanks😁😁

• Like 1

Hi guys, as I got my visa 186 refused last week. I'm going to make an appeal soon, but my son (he's 22, he's currently on dependant visa 457 which granted in 2016, expired on 11/2020) decided to withdraw his application (186). So there will be only me, my wife and my daughter applying again for the 186 visa. 

Just wondering will my son withdrawal affect our visa while we will be waiting for it?

And after my son withdrawed his 186 application, will he still legally be stay in Australia till 2020? 

I hope you guys help me to answer this.

Thank you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Friskycharmer said:

Getting a bit concerned about my check as well now 🤨

my police check was quite basic just says at the date it was sent there was no criminal convictions.

What is this consen form i need to supply ? Do immigration actually contact NZ ministry of justice ?

Hey mate, the police check you got is the right one. 

Take a look at this screen grab from Immi website that gives you the detail of the Consent. And yes, immigration actually contacts Nz MOJ.

2019-01-23 07_50_36-Window.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy Truong said:

Hi guys, as I got my visa 186 refused last week. I'm going to make an appeal soon, but my son (he's 22, he's currently on dependant visa 457 which granted in 2016, expired on 11/2020) decided to withdraw his application (186). So there will be only me, my wife and my daughter applying again for the 186 visa. 

Just wondering will my son withdrawal affect our visa while we will be waiting for it?

And after my son withdrawed his 186 application, will he still legally be stay in Australia till 2020? 

Thank you guys. 

I think you should speak with a migration agent about this as I don't know enough about the rules.  If your 186 is approved, it will replace your 457 so you will no longer hold the 457 visa.  Since your son is a dependent 457 visa holder, I'm not sure what happens to his visa when your 457 no longer exists.

9 hours ago, Andy Truong said:

Thank you guys. 

@Andy Truong Sorry to hear about the refusal, would you mind please expanding on the reason as to why it was refused? 

Also, you say your son is withdrawing - personally, I think he would be crazy to give up a "free" 186 (based off you being the main applicant) - I'm sure there's a real good, valid reason he doesn't want PR. 

1 minute ago, Tini365 said:

I am a Recruitment Consultant. 

Good suggestion would be to add all your details, including your occupancy to your signature (see mine for example). 
- This would help anyone interested, at a glance. 

On 21/01/2019 at 21:10, Tomlfc1992 said:

Hey Mariana, welcome!

At the moment, the current processing time is sitting at 10-15 months TRT (Transistional Stream) or 10-14 months DE (Direct Entry) 

The processing times I think are accurate across the board, of course there are some application outcome timeframes that are abnormal, ie some granted in 5 months, others granted in 20 months.

There is a huge backlog of applications from February due to the changes in the Training Benchmark that were implemented then and so a lot of people here have been waiting a significant amount of time. I personally think it will be a lot later in the year before yours will be opened by a CO although I could be wrong

I just logged on and estimated processing time (DE) has gone to 11 to 16 months. It was 10 to 14 a couple of days ago.

EDIT: I see others have already posted this, my bad.

Edited by stix