1 hour ago, ajk said:

I see that the immigration is not processing the applications in order, few people are getting their grants early. 

What make you say that few people are getting their grants early? There is no reason to believe that 75% of applicants do not receive their grants within the 10-12 months specified by the immigration.This (very good) forum is only a small sample of applicants.

As for the order of processing, immi themselves are very clear on the fact that they are not processing the applications in order of submission. Occupation, country of origin, sponsor, complete applications, etc certainly have an impact in the order of processing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hpaille said:

What make you say that few people are getting their grants early? There is no reason to believe that 75% of applicants do not receive their grants within the 10-12 months specified by the immigration.This (very good) forum is only a small sample of applicants.

As for the order of processing, immi themselves are very clear on the fact that they are not processing the applications in order of submission. Occupation, country of origin, sponsor, complete applications, etc certainly have an impact in the order of processing.

I saw someone posted they lodged in august 2018 and got their granted already. Thats why i said so, i agree with you but still why are they taking time even though nomination was approved ten months back still visa not granted.

Edited by ajk

On 20/01/2019 at 11:01, Dlasar27 said:

But why does over staying in Australia matter when people applying are applying for their permanent residency? 

Are u sure this is a thing when applying for 186? It doesn't reallly make sense.. 

Temporary visa, yes, may be it does matter.. The GTE criteria but 186 u reckon?

Overstaying your visa means being in Australia without a valid visa It means just not bothering to leave when your visa has expired. It means being in Australia ILLEGALLY so of course it matters! And applying for any other visa, or for citizenship just becomes a nightmare or even an impossibility = if you have ever overstayed and been n Australia illegally

If people have applied for PR and are waiting on a Bridging Visa for it to be granted then they are in the country legally and are not overstaying - because they have a Bridging Visa. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajk said:

I saw someone posted they lodged in august 2018 and got their granted already. Thats why i said so, i agree with you but still why are they taking time even though nomination was approved ten months back still visa not granted.

I tend to agree with this, there was someone a few pages back that got their visa within 5 months of application.

I myself received my visa before the 10 / 12 month (75% at the time) - so there are definitely people that get their visas before the allocated time frames. 

- My opinion is that, unless your visa process goes into "Further Assessment", you should get your visa outcome within the said time frames, if not sooner. (There are some exceptions to the case). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Overstaying your visa means being in Australia without a valid visa It means just not bothering to leave when your visa has expired. It means being in Australia ILLEGALLY so of course it matters! And applying for any other visa, or for citizenship just becomes a nightmare or even an impossibility = if you have ever overstayed and been n Australia illegally

If people have applied for PR and are waiting on a Bridging Visa for it to be granted then they are in the country legally and are not overstaying - because they have a Bridging Visa. 

@Nemesis I love the fact that your status is "Retired". Is that the system's default when you have been here for 'x' amount of time, or something you have setup yourself? 

- Here's hoping it's the former 🙂 - be like, "you've been here for too long, retire already" haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

I tend to agree with this, there was someone a few pages back that got their visa within 5 months of application.

I myself received my visa before the 10 / 12 month (75% at the time) - so there are definitely people that get their visas before the allocated time frames. 

- My opinion is that, unless your visa process goes into "Further Assessment", you should get your visa outcome within the said time frames, if not sooner. (There are some exceptions to the case). 

One more question is if we travel to overseas when you are on bridging visa does the immi department doesn't grant visa until i am back or they can grant it even though i am in overseas?

1 minute ago, ajk said:

One more question is if we travel to overseas when you are on bridging visa does the immi department doesn't grant visa until i am back or they can grant it even though i am in overseas?

They can and will grant the visa regardless of if you are in the country or not (travelling at the time). This was also commented on a few pages back where someone confirmed receiving their visa, even whilst being out the country at the time.

- So, as long as the bridging visa allows you to travel, there is no reason why they wouldn't grant your visa. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

I agree, unless the submission was not complete or having red flags (no idea what they are... country, occupation???) then there is no reason for not being within the 75%. I received mine in 5 months (in April '18), using Deloitte as MA (they advised to submit a ready to process application - i.e. with everything requested, including medicals). Having said that I understand the stress and frustration the wait generates...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hpaille said:

I agree, unless the submission was not complete or having red flags (no idea what they are... country, occupation???) then there is no reason for not being within the 75%. I received mine in 5 months (in April '18), using Deloitte as MA (they advised to submit a ready to process application - i.e. with everything requested, including medicals). Having said that I understand the stress and frustration the wait generates...

I was told twice that I had a complete and "decision ready" application by my MA (E&Y) and was requested for documentation, twice
- Updated nomination details | Updated form 80 and an updated medical for my son who turned 2 and now needed an x-ray for TB

So, goes to show, it's not always as expected. 
But stick it out everyone, they will get processed! 

• Thanks 1

Nothing like if you lodge your application with Deloitte, you will get approved in 5-6 months. I am waiting more than 10 month- TRT, Software Engineer now. I have uploaded all docs, medical, Police check within 1-2 months of application. I know few of my friends who are waiting since last 10-12 months. It's so frustrating now.

• Like 1

my MA advised us not to do the medicals at the time of application due to the length of time it was taking to assess at that stage (July 2018), we are going to do them next month (February), we however did complete the Form 80's and also got our UK and AFP police checks in place and submitted all other paperwork to be as 'decision ready' as we possibly could...

Edited by Flappers263
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SENJ said:

Nothing like if you lodge your application with Deloitte, you will get approved in 5-6 months. I am waiting more than 10 month- TRT, Software Engineer now. I have uploaded all docs, medical, Police check within 1-2 months of application. I know few of my friends who are waiting since last 10-12 months. It's so frustrating now.

@SENJ I can appreciate it is really frustrating, however, trust in the system - you are really close, especially with your occupation. 

- Out of interest, could you share your visa details? Possibly worth while updating your signature with same, so everyone can see? 

8 minutes ago, Flappers263 said:

my MA advised us not to do the medicals at the time of application due to the length of time it was taking to assess at that stage (July 2018), we are going to do them next month (February), we however did complete the Form 80's and also got our UK and AFP police checks in place and submitted all other paperwork to be as 'decision ready' as we possibly could...

I agree, unless going through Deloitte as your MA, I would suggest only considering doing your medicals (and even PCC) about 6 months into the application process.

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

You are right, but all of this applies for a temporary visas. Apparently, an applicant is eligible to apply for a permanent visa or a provisional visa even if there is a 3year exclusion period (PIC 4013 AND PIC 4014), which basically means if u overstay ur visa or left the country while in detention u are still eligible to apply for skilled migration.

I know LR and HR countries are really a thing when we apply for visitors/Tourists /student or tss stsol visas but my question was if its a thing for 186/187/189/190 too.. Because the immi legislation doesnt seem to mention anything of that sort or are we just assuming LR countries get processed quicker? 

Edited by Dlasar27

It is totally unfair, people applying through some agencies get their PR with 5 months of application, but we have to wait around 10-16 months or even more. It is clearly mentioned in the website that, there is no such priority for 186 visa application. so, it is supposed to process according to the application order. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roni S said:

It is totally unfair, people applying through some agencies get their PR with 5 months of application, but we have to wait around 10-16 months or even more. It is clearly mentioned in the website that, there is no such priority for 186 visa application. so, it is supposed to process according to the application order. 

Although I agree with you, it's also worth noting that MA's like Deloitte have "Business Expedite Sponsorship" accounts (I might have the name wrong), which they pay additionally for.
- These plans are different to standard sponsorship plans (that have standard processing times), as far as I know, you need to fit a certain criteria in order to apply for this "sponsorship package", meaning they are obviously doing something right. 

So although it might be unfair, it's also something that Deloitte clearly work on, in order to keep their processing times down. 
- It's not just by chance that they have priority 🙂 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hex said:

Although I agree with you, it's also worth noting that MA's like Deloitte have "Business Expedite Sponsorship" accounts (I might have the name wrong), which they pay additionally for.
- These plans are different to standard sponsorship plans (that have standard processing times), as far as I know, you need to fit a certain criteria in order to apply for this "sponsorship package", meaning they are obviously doing something right. 

So although it might be unfair, it's also something that Deloitte clearly work on, in order to keep their processing times down. 
- It's not just by chance that they have priority 🙂 

Basically one has to pay a lot (to Deloitte, which then pays to government) for a priority processing. Not so fair I would say.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 01:05, Black Serpant said:

Important notice to all people required to provide NZ police clearance certificate or Criminal record certificate.

We have been contacted by AU immigration and required now to provide new NZ police clearance certificate (Full Criminal Record) with new consent forms as per the case officer request

although our certificates are just 3 months old and the reason why is as per the letter attached below from our case officer.

Untitled.jpg

Hey! Could you please throw more light on this? My application has a police check from 2017, does it mean that I need to request it again? I am not a NZ resident, just spent some time living there (not even a full year).

4 minutes ago, Loktar said:

Basically one has to pay a lot (to Deloitte, which then pays to government) for a priority processing. Not so fair I would say.

To be fair - if they are in the position to do it and offer that service and others aren't, then good for them. Unfair but anyone else in their position that has their power does the same. 

15 minutes ago, hibye said:

Hey! Could you please throw more light on this? My application has a police check from 2017, does it mean that I need to request it again? I am not a NZ resident, just spent some time living there (not even a full year).

@hibye Was this a request sent to you? 

- If not, and you have not spend 12 months+ in NZ then I wouldn't worry about it. They only require clearance certificates for anywhere you've lived for 12+ months. 

1 hour ago, Flappers263 said:

I applied in July too 

1 minute ago, Jenny1985 said:

Can I add people using Deloitte Ma don’t always get shorter processing 

It's not so much about shorter processing, it's more of "priority processing" - the fact that some people's cases take longer, I suspect would be case related. 
- Case by case basis.

3 hours ago, Hex said:

There are definitely exceptions. My application was submitted decision-ready, I'm from a LR country, I've submitted updated police certificates for all those that have expired and I'm just about to "celebrate" my 15 month anniversary of this punishing wait. 

I need some of the positive vibes, lovely people! I've even started every morning with a "today is the day" mantra and it isn't helping. 

• Sad 1