31 minutes ago, Dlasar27 said:

High and low Risk based on what Toots?? 

As the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) Visa list is utilised It’s been suggested that high risk countries are those whose citizens have an historic high rate of visa over staying in Australia, whilst low risk countries are those countries whose citizens are good boys and girls and normally leave before their visas have expired.

If your country falls into the high risk category then additional checks will be undertaken prior to your visa being approved and different service levels are applied by the department for the time to process your application.

• Like 1

But why does over staying in Australia matter when people applying are applying for their permanent residency? 

Are u sure this is a thing when applying for 186? It doesn't reallly make sense.. 

Temporary visa, yes, may be it does matter.. The GTE criteria but 186 u reckon?

Edited by Dlasar27

33 minutes ago, Toots said:

As the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) Visa list is utilised It’s been suggested that high risk countries are those whose citizens have an historic high rate of visa over staying in Australia, whilst low risk countries are those countries whose citizens are good boys and girls and normally leave before their visas have expired.

If your country falls into the high risk category then additional checks will be undertaken prior to your visa being approved and different service levels are applied by the department for the time to process your application.

Sounds a bit like profiling to me if applied for 186, like.. Hey he's a Lankan so he really must be dodgy 😋😂😉😉

3 hours ago, Toots said:

It's not just about overstaying, it's also about visa fraud.

Countries that have robust systems, where the documentation can be trusted are those countries on the ETA list. For example, Australia knows that the UK's method of issuing passports involves rigorous checking of identity using official documents, so if someone holds a UK passport then they can be sure that the person is who they say they are and any checking needed is minimal.

Passports and other documents originating in countries which have problems with bribery, corruption and forgery cannot be trusted to the same level and need extra checking. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon,

I have been a silent but a regular reader of this forum,, Today I have a reason to share my words with all of you. 

After 7 years of struggle through 457 I am pleased to Announce atleast I relifed from it. 

I have not heard from my MA yet but my immi status has been changed from received to finalise. 

I had applied 457 in 2012 on first attempt it got rufused over a banana reason which I had won through MRT that time in 2014🙄..

My profession got removed from Immigration list after that so finally my employer agreed to sponsor me for PR through arrangements of grandfathering system. 

I was a boy when I came to Australia with one dream and hopes of bright future and now I become man in past 10 years, All my hopes and thoughts got rust and dust on them due to changes in immigration law every time I was closed.

But today i believe I can finally say from past 10 years this is the day I feel I am relaxed .

Here is my time line 

Applied 186 TRT 

Nomination and visa applied 

15 of March 2018

grant date 

19/01/2019

direct grant no documents were asked. 

Pre-press trade worker 

HR Country and 1 person only. 

So stay there hang on one day your dreams will become true. I know the pain and stress of wait but trust me at the end it will be over . 

May God Bless you all. Wishing you guys best of luck, 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 24

15 minutes ago, Zaibi said:

Good Afternoon,

I have been a silent but a regular reader of this forum,, Today I have a reason to share my words with all of you. 

After 7 years of struggle through 457 I am pleased to Announce atleast I relifed from it. 

I have not heard from my MA yet but my immi status has been changed from received to finalise. 

I had applied 457 in 2012 on first attempt it got rufused over a banana reason which I had won through MRT that time in 2014🙄..

My profession got removed from Immigration list after that so finally my employer agreed to sponsor me for PR through arrangements of grandfathering system. 

I was a boy when I came to Australia with one dream and hopes of bright future and now I become man in past 10 years, All my hopes and thoughts got rust and dust on them due to changes in immigration law every time I was closed.

But today i believe I can finally say from past 10 years this is the day I feel I am relaxed .

Here is my time line 

Applied 186 TRT 

Nomination and visa applied 

15 of March 2018

grant date 

19/01/2019

direct grant no documents were asked. 

Pre-press trade worker 

HR Country and 1 person only. 

So stay there hang on one day your dreams will become true. I know the pain and stress of wait but trust me at the end it will be over . 

May God Bless you all. Wishing you guys best of luck, 

so similar to my case, but I havent got mine yet. 

Congrats bro. Start ur new journey!

Edited by bigbasin

Low Risk counties according to MA´s are the ones listed to apply for ETA. All the other countries are High Risk, factors can be because it is more complicated for the Australian Government to access services/investigations with overseas dependencies to check the applicant. It is not  because the citizens of those countries are "good boys/bad boys" or "overstay in Australia". I doubt somebody from Ecuador, Chile, Poland, etc for example has overstayed in Australia (I mean there could be situations, but what would be the percentage compared to those neighbour countries).

And why would it matter for visa purposes? Well..because it can be easier or harder for Immigration to have more info about the person applying for X visa. 

Here is the list of those countries eligible to apply for an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority). Check the website: https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS3/etas.WSA+Winner+2013:+Electronic+Travel+Authority+ETA+and+Integrated+Border+Management+System+IBMSThe

To apply for an ETA online through this website, you must hold a passport from one of the following countries or regions:

• Brunei - Darussalam
  • Canada
  • Hong Kong (SAR PRC)
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Singapore
  • Korea, Rep of (South)
  • United States.
  • Thanks 1

On 19/01/2019 at 06:42, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask a question. Currently i am on bridging visa, i am working full time for my sponsored employer i.e. 38 hours per week. i have some extra free time on weekend, can i go for any other job? one service station here looking staff for weekends, can i go and work with them? They will pay me weekend rate with taxes and super too.

No Brother big NO NO please don't consider that option based on the fact that your 186 visa hasn't been approved and you are still under 457 visa clauses which clearly dictates we are not suppose to work else where apart from sponsored employers 

10 hours ago, bigbasin said:

so similar to my case, but I havent got mine yet. 

Congrats bro. Start ur new journey!

Thank you bro and don’t worry even I know while you are going through this these words doesn’t matter but try to be positive. You will hear a good news soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/01/2019 at 23:07, Grapefest said:

Family member applied in June 2018, direct entry as a graphic designer (not on the MLTSSL). I'm quite optimistic after seeing mostly February people getting processed. 

Are there anybody here that applied as graphic designer and if so how long did you wait for the golden email?

PS. I'm sorry to hear about the people that were stung along for years before getting refused. I wish the Australian government got more done faster with all the tax I pay. I'm facepalming hearing some of these stories.

I'm a Graphic designer

186 - DE - waiting since 26th Feb 2018 ! 

30 minutes ago, M.rvr said:

I would hope so ! 

Finger crossed

I'm speculating based on the information on the government website. They anticipate 75% of DE candidates processed within 10 months, 90% within 14 months. This would imply they would have to move at the pace of processing 2 calendar months worth of paperwork every month otherwise it would be impossible since before Dec 18 2018 they stated processing time would be 16-19 months. 

In any case, the outlook is good. It sounds like they've hired more processing staff and hopefully no prolonged holidays coming up. 

Edited by Grapefest
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grapefest said:

I'm speculating based on the information on the government website. They anticipate 75% of DE candidates processed within 10 months, 90% within 14 months. This would imply they would have to move at the pace of processing 2 calendar months worth of paperwork every month otherwise it would be impossible since before Dec 18 2018 they stated processing time would be 16-19 months. 

In any case, the outlook is good. It sounds like they've hired more processing staff and hopefully no prolonged holidays coming up. 

I see that the immigration is not processing the applications in order, few people are getting their grants early. 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2019 at 19:17, Kashif.Iqbal said:

My lawyer told me he is expecting big change in immigration this january.

Hey @Kashif.Iqbal, just wondering what this was and whether your lawyer is privy to info from DIBP that others are not? Or just here-say?

Been following progress on here for last six weeks while on my first trip home to family in 6 years of being in Australia! Congrats to all those who received grants, and commiserations to those who received refusals; I've had one before so know how tough it is. I'm also applying with a start-up so a little worried this time around too...

@Bellabonkers I also had the same thought as your bottle of bubbly in the fridge as a way of positive thinking/law of attraction; the bottle of expensive whiskey is 2 more years mature due to the first refusal....but will hopefully taste all the better

good luck to all still waiting!

• Like 4