13 hours ago, grr said:

I got my Permanent Residency granted today.

It's bit overwhelming as I wasn't expecting outcome so soon as I've been estimating timelines according to conversations in this forum, surprisingly I got mine with in 5 months.

I am hoping timelines are improving, so good luck everyone!

Employer: Consulting Firm

Stream: TRT

Nomination Application: 12-Aug-2018

Visa Application: 29-Aug-2018

Visa-Granted: 14th Jan 209 ( Direct Grant no queries)

MA: Deloitte ( Company recommended)

You are the luckiest person, i am shocked seeing this still cannot believe. Anyway enjoy the moments.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hex said:

The cases are no longer handled by only one CO.

For a while now the structure has changed to a "team environment", to cater for people leaving and going on vacation. 

My case for example had 3 CO working on it - so although it's possible to be the same one, it's very unlikely. 

You were right Hex. The processing center remains the same but the CO isn't. Just got an update and they have asked for me to sign a consent form for Nz Criminal check although I had provided a new Criminal Check from Nz. Looks like this is going to be another long wait for another 4 weeks before I get a final decision. I believe you were requested for further info twice as well and both times the turnaround time was around a month, is that right?

Is the spreadsheet still being used/up to date with?

I am definitely starting to see a shift in reduced waiting times for the first time in over a year! 

Would be good to get that documented by one of the admins? 

Cheers! And congrats to all with recent approvals - my details are below:

State: NSW

Stream: TRT

No. of Applicants: 1

Nomination + Visa Submission: 28th August 2018

IMMI Status: Received 

2 minutes ago, nircha said:

You were right Hex. The processing center remains the same but the CO isn't. Just got an update and they have asked for me to sign a consent form for Nz Criminal check although I had provided a new Criminal Check from Nz. Looks like this is going to be another long wait for another 4 weeks before I get a final decision. I believe you were requested for further info twice as well and both times the turnaround time was around a month, is that right?

That's correct - the wait time averaged out to about 35 days response time (I had provided the requested documents within 5 days of request each time, so that doesn't matter either). 

• Like 1

It’s interesting. So most of us are under the impression that the nominations are dealt with by a different department to the visas?.

My MA said most of his nominations and visas are processed same or next day. With mine this hasn’t happened. I’m not concerned it’s just what it is, however the above theory may explain why it hasn’t been etc. 

Also my status hasn’t updated it still says the 28th feb yet the nomination is approved.

Hi guys just got update from CO last Saturday asking further requests for my nomination from my company the training benchmarks(do i need to worry about or not?) and CO also in my visa part asking for Updated Police Clearance. Just worried how long it takes when we comply the further requests of the CO. 

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, bigbro said:

Hi guys just got update from CO last Saturday asking further requests for my nomination from my company the training benchmarks(do i need to worry about or not?) and CO also in my visa part asking for Updated Police Clearance. Just worried how long it takes when we comply the further requests of the CO. 

Thanks!

Hi can I know what sort of training benchmark was request I mean percentage of money spent on training or number of local trained to oversees workers in the company kindly let me know

19 minutes ago, bigbro said:

Thanks!

Please add your timeline as a signature.

On 09/01/2019 at 17:41, Black Serpant said:

Din Ding Ding ...

I have just received an email from my MA.

Nomination has been approved and they requested new consent forms for my NZ police clearance certificate.

This will take a couple of months to check with NZ ministry of Justice but at least we are half way done.

State: QLD
Birth Country: NZ
Stream: ENS 186 DE
Number of applicants: 4
Visa and Nomination applied:  27 Feb 2018
IMMI Status: Initial Assessment

Hey @Black Serpant mate, I see that you were requested for the consent form as well. Did your MA suggest that it could take a couple of months? If you apply for COJ clearance by yourself, it takes around a month's time but I would have expected this to be faster, like a week or two, when being verified via Australian Depart of Home affairs directly. Could you please let me know when you get any kind of update as you should hear something before I do? Cheers!

1 hour ago, Friskycharmer said:

It’s interesting. So most of us are under the impression that the nominations are dealt with by a different department to the visas?.

My MA said most of his nominations and visas are processed same or next day. With mine this hasn’t happened. I’m not concerned it’s just what it is, however the above theory may explain why it hasn’t been etc. 

Also my status hasn’t updated it still says the 28th feb yet the nomination is approved.

The nomination is the sponsor/employer  part so that won’t show up on YOUR Immi account or change the last updated date.

If all your documents are up to date and they have everthing they need it could just go straight to finialised any time now 😁 🍀

Edited by samlab

Hi there!!

So, we have submitted all requested information (nom: payslips summary, etc and visa app: Up to date home country police check). Now let's wait how long it will take to process. As mentioned on past posts, the requested was made on 29 Dec 18; company submitted their paperwork on the 9th Jan and we submitted our paperwork yesterday. 

Status: Initial Assessment , let's see if the status changes or remains the same 🙂

Have a nice day!!!!!!
N

1 minute ago, Nora said:

Hi there!!

So, we have submitted all requested information (nom: payslips summary, etc and visa app: Up to date home country police check). Now let's wait how long it will take to process. As mentioned on past posts, the requested was made on 29 Dec 18; company submitted their paperwork on the 9th Jan and we submitted our paperwork yesterday. 

Status: Initial Assessment , let's see if the status changes or remains the same 🙂

Have a nice day!!!!!!
N

Hey Nora,

This should change to Further Assessment shortly after the requested documents have been submitted. Hope it's a quick decision for you!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Hey Nora,

This should change to Further Assessment shortly after the requested documents have been submitted. Hope it's a quick decision for you!

Not necessarily - the application doesn't always go from Received to Initial Assessment to Further Assessment.

- It could go from Initial Assessment, straight to Finalized (it did with mine).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Not necessarily - the application doesn't always go from Received to Initial Assessment to Further Assessment.

- It could go from Initial Assessment, straight to Finalized (it did with mine).  

Hex how long did it took to change from Received to Initial Assessment. Mine still says as received.

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Ah I see, didn't realize that it could move from Initial Assessment to Finalized - apologies, I was speaking from personal experience 

1 minute ago, ajk said:

Hex how long did it took to change from Received to Initial Assessment. Mine still says as received.

As soon as my case was viewed / initially worked on (basically, the first I heard from my CO) was when it went to Initial assessment. 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

As soon as my case was viewed / initially worked on (basically, the first I heard from my CO) was when it went to Initial assessment. 

So, if case officer was assigned does the status change?saw few cases people saying it went straight from received to finalized.

1 minute ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

Ah I see, didn't realize that it could move from Initial Assessment to Finalized - apologies, I was speaking from personal experience 

No worries - like I said - each case is different.

There are many cases that do go into "Further Assessment", however, mine (and a lot of other people i've seen) have also gone straight to finalized. 

1 minute ago, ajk said:

So, if case officer was assigned does the status change?saw few cases people saying it went straight from received to finalized.

I would say yes, but there have been a few comments here that make me think otherwise. 

Typically, my understanding is that - if a CO has viewed the file to start work on it - then they are either granting it, or requesting more information, either way - that means it should change from "Received". 

Also - my understanding of those that have gone from "Received" to "Finalized" had a decision ready application and the CO didn't need to ask anything, hence, there was no need to go into "Initial Assessment". 

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, maria8999 said:

have you got your agent to contact immi?  mine told me once a little outside processing time, they can contact them and bascially say 'hurry up' . yours is well outside the times. While I understand there are other factors at play, seeing a grant within 5 months while you are waiting still seems crazy to me. 

I am waiting 2017 almost 19teen months

but agent said can’t contact imm

2 minutes ago, SKG said:

I am waiting 2017 almost 19teen months

but agent said can’t contact imm

Of course you can contact them - there is nothing stopping you from calling them directly yourself if needed / wanted? 

- After that time period however, I'd expect the agent to call them though. 

You can contact Immigration yourself if you like. Although the agent may have been marked to receive all correspondence, you could still contact them. Even with the emails, although you'll get a automatic response saying that they won't reply to status queries, sometimes they do. 

1 minute ago, SM6 said:

You can contact Immigration yourself if you like. Although the agent may have been marked to receive all correspondence, you could still contact them. Even with the emails, although you'll get a automatic response saying that they won't reply to status queries, sometimes they do. 

As long as his application is passed the waiting period, he / his agent has all right to call and enquire as to the delay. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

Of course you can contact them - there is nothing stopping you from calling them directly yourself if needed / wanted? 

- After that time period however, I'd expect the agent to call them though. 

I did many times they have standard answer just wait.it is under process.but no idea how to contact CO.i just called on 131881 but they don’t have answer.