2 minutes ago, Whites.uk said:

Unless this a wind up (it isn't April fools yet) - Software Engineer is at least on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), this could indeed speed things up. 

Was this the first PR application in your company?

Congrats anyway, lucky guy! 

It wasn't 1st for sure, I work for big consultancy and they apply for good number of PR's every year. Not sure how scene has changed after ASF came into picture though.
Thanks, I indeed feel lucky!

8 hours ago, grr said:

I got my Permanent Residency granted today.

It's bit overwhelming as I wasn't expecting outcome so soon as I've been estimating timelines according to conversations in this forum, surprisingly I got mine with in 5 months.

I am hoping timelines are improving, so good luck everyone!

Employer: Consulting Firm

Stream: TRT

Nomination Application: 12-Aug-2018

Visa Application: 29-Aug-2018

Visa-Granted: 14th Jan 209 ( Direct Grant no queries)

MA: Deloitte ( Company recommended)

A big Huge congratulations you must be on top of the world. 

This should give lots of people hope! 

Im really really pleased for you! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 months, wow. It will be interesting to see if anyone else gets anything approaching that short timeline in the coming weeks, but definite congrats!

When I filed my application about a month ago I didn't even bother getting medicals or Police clearances, as the 75% "processed by" timline was 15 months and I was sure they'd expire. Might have to rethink that if we see more of the above.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

A big Huge congratulations you must be on top of the world. 

This should give lots of people hope! 

Im really really pleased for you! 

Thanks for all the positive responses guys!
Appreciate you all for spreading good vibes and positive energy. 

22 minutes ago, davey5593 said:

5 months, wow. It will be interesting to see if anyone else gets anything approaching that short timeline in the coming weeks, but definite congrats!

When I filed my application about a month ago I didn't even bother getting medicals or Police clearances, as the 75% "processed by" timline was 15 months and I was sure they'd expire. Might have to rethink that if we see more of the above.

I would suggest providing your all documentation, even I was suggested to wait for few months to provide PCC and medical as it expires. But I  listened to my intuition and submitted all the documentation and it worked for me.

13 hours ago, Pottsie said:

My company used them to get my 457 visa with no issues, I had a chat with them for my PR but opted  Emergico based in QLD instead

Thank you Pottsie I used them for my 457 visa and now for PR. Communication is good I usually get insta replies from my MA. I hope they filed my case strongly fingers crossed 🤞

14 hours ago, parveen said:

Hairdresser applied oct 2016 DE no.update

have you got your agent to contact immi?  mine told me once a little outside processing time, they can contact them and bascially say 'hurry up' . yours is well outside the times. While I understand there are other factors at play, seeing a grant within 5 months while you are waiting still seems crazy to me. 

3 hours ago, davey5593 said:

My migration agent advised me not to get my medical done until at least 6 months after I applied to limit the chance of expiry!

14 minutes ago, LaurenJS said:

My migration agent advised me not to get my medical done until at least 6 months after I applied to limit the chance of expiry!

This is entirely a personal choice. 

I lodged with a medical and was lucky enough to get it granted (3 days before it expired) - however, many people that did the same had theirs expiry during the wait.

- There are also many people that get their grant around the 7-9 month mark (from lodgement), but then again - as per above, a 5 month is also possible.
So it's somewhat a bit of a gamble it seems 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LaurenJS said:

Oh another Canadian in the waiting list 🙂 I'll have to keep an eye on how things go with you. Hopefully soon you'll get some action. 

Yeah unless we see a lot of quick new movement here I'm tempted to hold on just a bit. 

Edited by davey5593
  • Thanks 1

@J Vitor

Hey J,

When you got your case finalized decision email, did it come through from the same processing office(you said Queensland?) they had requested for further information from? And was it the same case office? It appears that the processing office can also vary and the same goes for the CO from what I am seeing. 

I have a strong gut feeling that one important factor of getting PR in 5 months is he applied at the end of August, after the training benchmark got abolished. That does not seem to be an coincidence.

Since training bench mark is abolished, it is much easier and quicker for case officer to judge a case instead of having to calculate all the figures.

Let's see if we can see more approval for applicants after the commence of SAF on August.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nircha said:

@J Vitor

Hey J,

When you got your case finalized decision email, did it come through from the same processing office(you said Queensland?) they had requested for further information from? And was it the same case office? It appears that the processing office can also vary and the same goes for the CO from what I am seeing. 

The cases are no longer handled by only one CO.

For a while now the structure has changed to a "team environment", to cater for people leaving and going on vacation. 

My case for example had 3 CO working on it - so although it's possible to be the same one, it's very unlikely. 

18 hours ago, samlab said:

Ours came through a week after the nomination was granted. If your status says “received” then I wouldn’t worry. (We were told the Nomination and Visa Applications are different departments.) If it changed to “Open” or “Inital assessment” then I think they will ask for more docs/ info. Ours went straight to Finalised. I’m sure someone will let me know if I’m wrong 😁

Thanks, I wasn't sure about the statuses - and whether anything would change if they needed more documentation. That's helpful.

42 minutes ago, davey5593 said:

Oh another Canadian in the waiting list 🙂 I'll have to keep an eye on how things go with you. Hopefully soon you'll get some action. 

Yeah unless we see a lot of quick new movement here I'm tempted to hold on just a bit. 

Welcome! Haven't seen many Canadians either! 

By the looks of other VISAs getting accepted now (Feb-Mar 18) I am hoping that my time is just around the corner 🙂 !

Let me know if you need any helping figuring out how to get your Canadian fingerprints (if you don't already have them). That was such a pain!