5 minutes ago, Hex said:

Do you know if that included the nomination, or was it just the visa process? 

- That's really impressive, would have loved to have seen the breakdown, oh well! Congrats. 

I know few of my friends who got in 5 months last year around June 2018 when processing times were higher. So. i am kinda concluding that its all random and not based on any specific occupation or country or anything like that. there might be few exceptions to my statement but generally.

3 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Yes, Deloitte has amazing legal/immi team but are very expensive 

Yeah i have heard this from other people too... even just googling Deloitte, they seem to pull a lot of weight.... this is from their website 

"Deloitte have undertaken extensive consultation with the Government since the abolition of the Subclass 457 visa was announced in April 2017. We are pleased the Government has responded to concerns regarding the removal of a number of skilled occupations where a genuine shortage of skills exist in Australia." (aware that this is for a different visa, but I am just highlighting that the government seems to value their opinion" 

Just now, millie1871 said:

Yeah i have heard this from other people too... even just googling Deloitte, they seem to pull a lot of weight.... this is from their website 

"Deloitte have undertaken extensive consultation with the Government since the abolition of the Subclass 457 visa was announced in April 2017. We are pleased the Government has responded to concerns regarding the removal of a number of skilled occupations where a genuine shortage of skills exist in Australia." (aware that this is for a different visa, but I am just highlighting that the government seems to value their opinion" 

Having said that, they are very expensive. They charge a lot more than normal agency fee but documentation is perfect 🙂

2 minutes ago, millie1871 said:

Ahhh actually - now that you mention this, there was talk from within my company that they are applying to change the nomination "package" to something like a "business expedite plan" (not sure on the exact name), where they, as a company, can get priority processing. 

This has not happened (with us) as yet - but I suspect it needs to be approved from the Immi department and comes with a hefty fee...

- I wonder if someone else has heard of this, that has a little more information for us all?

Hi all
I’m looking for advise
We send an email to the immigration for update 
We applied on 30 June 2017 as cook/pastry 186 trt status received 
The department send us this 
We contact our business but they did not receive anything from immigration
Our HR try to contact them to say that there was no request on the application from the immigration
So why this guy answered like this?
In his signature there is “decision maker” this means that he is the CO?
Thanks all

E62C3D19-7BEB-4C21-9C6B-DFB86A98A1ED.jpeg

7 hours ago, Ali123456 said:

Nomination application lodged 4oct 2016

visa application lodged 24 oct 2016 

nomimation approved 9 Jan 2019 

visa application status still recieved 

Job system admin

Is it from Oct 2016?

I am waiting from Dec 2016.... So frustrating

7 minutes ago, Tiziana said:

Hi all
I’m looking for advise
Our HR try to contact them to say that there was no request on the application from the immigration
Thanks all

I think he is just saying your case can't be completed until you get a nomination outcome. ie. just keep waiting... as always! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tiziana said:

Hi all
I’m looking for advise
Thanks all

One Criteria for your Visa to be approved is that - you must have a nomination approved.

Your nomination is still pending so the criteria to approve your visa has not yet been satisfied. What the CO agent has said is correct.

However, It is written in a way that may cause confusion.

Basically, your nomination is still Pending - you just need to keep waiting.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tiziana said:

Hi all
I’m looking for advise
Thanks all

Hi, Did your MA/Your HR emailed them about the status or you did it. It was bit surprising they didn't receive this and it was just you.

57 minutes ago, millie1871 said:

I know a girl in recruitment that got hers in 3 MONTHS!! Which is insane I know and a complete outlier... but good to know I guess? 

Girl in recruitment and on month 10 waiting ... Maybe because the size of the company and she was TRT? So many variables. 

7 minutes ago, Pottsie said:

Wishing everyone all the best, it won't be long. Keep positive. I was getting extremely anxious but my advise is try keep busy and enjoy this beautiful county.

Can the spreadsheet be updated with my info if it hasn't already. 

Change your signature otherwise who ever updates the sheet thinks it is still in received status.

2 minutes ago, Ezzentric said:

Makes complete sense. The larger firms will be accredited due to the large number of employees they sponsor. I am in smaller boutique firm. Thanks. 

Nice to see a fellow South African - good luck on the timelines, holding thumbs for you! 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Your spot on. If you see applications being processed super quickly and way under the timelines, this will normally be why.

Probably but it doesn’t guarantee faster processing of PR applications and may depend on the job/industry: my company is an accredited sponsor who actually needs foreign employees at senior levels to survive (there just aren’t enough Australians with the right level of skills, experience and motivation to join our firm) and we get TSS visas granted for new employees very quickly but I’ve been waiting close to 10 months for my PR, no news...