42 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Ah man I don’t blame you- but you should try and remain positive. 

Where abouts in the countryside are you? Im in regional Australia too. 

Have they asked for any further documents? 

Keep smiling.

Yes they asked in june

54 minutes ago, Mukki said:

Hi all

i have evidence that secondary applicant , has done 6 years of  studies ( graduation and post graduation ) in English. Do CO still can ask or normally ask for IELTS   For secondary applicant .

BR

Mukesh

You just need the letter from university to prove that. No IELTS needed

16 hours ago, Suusz said:

Yes I applied with my defacto partner, met in Australia and have been together for 5 years. We are not married tho and have passport of 2 different continents. I have been waiting almost 18 months. But then again my occupation is a risk too. 

Thanks for your answer. What do you mean your occupation is a risk occupation? Also, did you apply with a MO and is it direct entry or transition? 

Thanks in advance @Suusz

16 hours ago, expatica said:

Hi all! Former lurker, first time poster!

My boss just approved the PR application. 186 TRT from my 457. I'm from the US and my defacto partner (he's currently on my 457 as my family member/partner) is from Brazil. Our wedding is in March, woot!

I'm eligible on Feb 4th and will be applying under my Conference and Events Organiser position. I was grandfathered into the old rules. My partner is taking his IELTS this weekend. He needs to score a minimum 4.5 which I hope he can get.

Any advice? What are the current processing times for people in my case? I know my country is low risk, but is my occupation low risk too? I don't think there are many of us, but I'm not sure if that means it'll drag out or not.

Hey!

I am sitting on 16.5 months waiting for my nomination in Conference and Event Organiser Position FYI!

2 hours ago, Mextex said:

Thanks for your answer. What do you mean your occupation is a risk occupation? Also, did you apply with a MO and is it direct entry or transition? 

Thanks in advance @Suusz

There are a few High risk occupations that they investigate more because there has been a lot of false information in the past. (FYI im a restaurant manager).

i applied with an MA for DE.

what about you! What occupation? And where are you and your partner from?

43 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Hey guys, if you all go to your account and add a 'signature', you can add your info below each post and this saves a lot of back and forth about timelines, occupations etc. 

I cant find the option to add a signature? Can you tell me where in my account I can add this?

3 minutes ago, Suusz said:

I cant find the option to add a signature? Can you tell me where in my account I can add this?

Sure 🙂

Click on your name at the top right > account settings > signature. You can then copy/paste someones current signature and just change the details to your own. 

Hello!

I realise that processing times are just indicative and members of this forum are a small sample of all applicants, but I don’t have a feeling that 75% of applications are processed in 10 months now: so far I feel that there are very few PRs from March, immigration seems to be still working on February...

Has anyone heard of March applications being processed that we wouldn’t know of? 

I realise I should be patient as it seems that it’s “only” been 9.5 months for me but my first application from 2017 got rejected so I have thrown more money at this than expected and have been waiting a lot longer than it seems... For all of our sakes, I hope immigration will indeed manage to process applications faster as announced end of 2018! 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlotteR said:

Hello!

I realise that processing times are just indicative and members of this forum are a small sample of all applicants, but I don’t have a feeling that 75% of applications are processed in 10 months now: so far I feel that there are very few PRs from March, immigration seems to be still working on February...

Has anyone heard of March applications being processed that we wouldn’t know of? 

I realise I should be patient as it seems that it’s “only” been 9.5 months for me but my first application from 2017 got rejected so I have thrown more money at this than expected and have been waiting a lot longer than it seems... For all of our sakes, I hope immigration will indeed manage to process applications faster as announced end of 2018! 🙂

I'm in a similiar situation Charlotte, I applied for my Nomination initially in June 2017 and it was rejected January 2018, reapplied for the Nomination and Application on 12th Feb. They requested AFP on 23rd november and still waiting on the decision. All in all just under 20 months of waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

I'm in a similiar situation Charlotte, I applied for my Nomination initially in June 2017 and it was rejected January 2018, reapplied for the Nomination and Application on 12th Feb. They requested AFP on 23rd november and still waiting on the decision. All in all just under 20 months of waiting. 

So sorry to hear that... The fact they requested AFP end of Nov is hopefully a good sign, fingers crossed for you! My medical exam expired last September, my MA suggests I don’t renew it until immigration asks me to (to avoid having to do it over and over again if this whole thing takes much longer than expected), clearly no CO has been assigned to my application yet. 

But it seems that very few March applications have been looked at which contradicts the new processing times... (hence my earlier message)

8 minutes ago, CharlotteR said:

Hello!

We are in the same both. Last time nomination was rejected and this waiting time is killing!

18 minutes ago, CharlotteR said:

Hello!

The timelines published are for the month ending 30 Nov 18. So there is some lag involved. Hope that explains it 🙂

Edited by boo-yaa

1 hour ago, Suusz said:

There are a few High risk occupations that they investigate more because there has been a lot of false information in the past. (FYI im a restaurant manager).

i applied with an MA for DE.

what about you! What occupation? And where are you and your partner from?

I've just added the info on my signature. 

I also applied through an MA but 457-186 TRN. My occupation is ICT Sales Representative. We are from USA and Germany, so both LR countries. Hopefully what I was informed is incorrect and the department of immigration process the applications as they are received, rather than segregating them based on certain information. 

1 minute ago, Mextex said:

I've just added the info on my signature. 

I also applied through an MA but 457-186 TRN. My occupation is ICT Sales Representative. We are from USA and Germany, so both LR countries. Hopefully what I was informed is incorrect and the department of immigration process the applications as they are received, rather than segregating them based on certain information. 

Unfortunately the department don't process applications solely based on date lodged.

They take into consideration multiple factors of your application. One being your occupation.

Perhaps the country also matters. Because I have noticed that one member on this forum also applied for 186DE as a Pharmacist on the same day as I did but certainly has had his granted already while I am still waiting. Only difference that I can tell his LR v HR