11 minutes ago, galisuman said:

I am confused with this list my occupation Quality assurance manager 139914 doesn't have 186 in its visa stream how is that possible and its showing on 190 visa which my MA confirmed I am not eligible can someone confirm if this list if accurate please as I want to talk to my MA 

@galisuman If it helps, here is the same list - directly from the immigration website:

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl 

As for your question, someone else might do better to answer that - as this is a little out of my area of knowledge 🙂 

Edited by Hex

11 minutes ago, galisuman said:

I am confused with this list my occupation Quality assurance manager 139914 doesn't have 186 in its visa stream how is that possible and its showing on 190 visa which my MA confirmed I am not eligible can someone confirm if this list if accurate please as I want to talk to my MA 

I think this list is for DE. correct me if I am wrong

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.44.25 pm.png

13 minutes ago, Hex said:

Nope - I don't think so. If you use the 2nd link (immi link), you'll see that 186 represents both streams:

image.thumb.png.2a67c79bc32349ca57176483cc687469.png

Don't think so Mate. As per the below two links

below link(Eligibility Criteria for DE) clearly says occupation must be in the relevant list

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#Eligibility

Where as this link (Eligibility Criteria for TRT) just says must have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/temporary-residence-transition-stream#Eligibility

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Thanks @Nora, she was granted her 457 in June 2018 (06/2018) and her occupation  (based off that website) is on the MLT - see below. 

- It's frustrating as to why this needs to be so complicated. 

image.thumb.png.ec29592b7f602fa8af657877a9593dd9.png

Ah yeah I see, her occupation is on the MLT. Sorry didn't see the attachment. So, I wonder why she is applying for 190. I mean her occupation is eligible for both visas. Probably because she wants to do things quicker;(not waiting the three years to apply for TRT), However, as far as I know, she is able to apply for Direct Entry without completing the years time on a 457. In any case, I do not see how a MA can profit from the type of visa an applicant applies for. They only charge the service fees, not the cost of the visa itself.. perhaps one takes more time than the other.  

On another hand, I am still waiting for my MA to come back from his holidays haha my application went from Received to Initial Assessment. Apparently, the action required is to click on "I acknowledge that the documents are complete" button.  We applied on 05 March 2018.

• Congratulations 1

21 minutes ago, KBK said:

below link(Eligibility Criteria for DE) clearly says occupation must be in the relevant list

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#Eligibility

Where as this link (Eligibility Criteria for TRT) just says must have the required skills and qualifications for the position you have been nominated for.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/temporary-residence-transition-stream#Eligibility

Might need some clarity on this one, i simply googled the lists and this is what I got from Immi. Indicates for all streams. Hopefully someone else could shed some light here. 

4 minutes ago, Nora said:

Ah yeah I see, her occupation is on the MLT. Sorry didn't see the attachment. So, I wonder why she is applying for 190. I mean her occupation is eligible for both visas. Probably because she wants to do things quicker;(not waiting the three years to apply for TRT), However, as far as I know, she is able to apply for Direct Entry without completing the years time on a 457. In any case, I do not see how a MA can profit from the type of visa an applicant applies for. They only charge the service fees, not the cost of the visa itself.. perhaps one takes more time than the other.  

On another hand, I am still waiting for my MA to come back from his holidays haha my application went from Received to Initial Assessment. Apparently, the action required is to click on "I acknowledge that the documents are complete" button.  We applied on 05 March 2018.

Applied on 5th march its next day after mine. Is this happened today?

4 minutes ago, Nora said:

Yeah, those were my exact same thoughts. She would got the DE route (so she doesn't have to wait thr 3 years), and already has a positive skills assesment - hence, why I was confused as to why her agent is telling her to go for the 190. I'm hoping he is just not sure and once the question is asked would change his mind. I feel the 186 is way more secure (also then the 457 won't go to waste). Either way, it's an interesting one - i'll let you know the outcome if interested?

As for your application - that's a weird "action required" and I'd be very dubious of that - as if the CO has already viewed the case, they would know if all documents are complete or if something is required. Let's see what your MA has to say (PS - when my MA was on holidays I spoke to another agent in his office to look at my file, not sure if you have the option, but if you are as impatient as I was - that could possibly be an option?). Holding thumbs for you.

Just now, ajk said:

I think CO already assigned.

Yeah I think so. It was last updated on the 29/Dec/2018; that day it changed status. But oh boy, haha these holidays are driving me nuts!!! Can't wait for my MA to get back. 

@ajk is your status showing "received"? We have done everything since March 2018; Medicals, Police Checks, all necessary translations, Form 80, etc. The only one thing I had to do again (but not because we were requested) but because they expired were our Australian Police Checks. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KBK said:

Also - the only difference here is that my link is a combined list 🙂 they are all still in there (listed out). 

Regardless, lets see if anyone else has some insight to this. If not, we'll just have to wait and see. 

5 minutes ago, Nora said:

Yeah I think so. It was last updated on the 29/Dec/2018; that day it changed status. But oh boy, haha these holidays are driving me nuts!!! Can't wait for my MA to get back. 

@ajk is your status showing "received"? We have done everything since March 2018; Medicals, Police Checks, all necessary translations, Form 80, etc. The only one thing I had to do again (but not because we were requested) but because they expired were our Australian Police Checks. 

Yes it is showing status as 'received' and last updated was on 16th march.I have still another 2 months time before my AFP, PCC and medicals to get expired. I had submitted Form 80 as well. MY MA says all documents required are submitted long time ago. I checked using IMMI account as well.

Edited by ajk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Yeah, those were my exact same thoughts. She would got the DE route (so she doesn't have to wait thr 3 years), and already has a positive skills assesment - hence, why I was confused as to why her agent is telling her to go for the 190. I'm hoping he is just not sure and once the question is asked would change his mind. I feel the 186 is way more secure (also then the 457 won't go to waste). Either way, it's an interesting one - i'll let you know the outcome if interested?

As for your application - that's a weird "action required" and I'd be very dubious of that - as if the CO has already viewed the case, they would know if all documents are complete or if something is required. Let's see what your MA has to say (PS - when my MA was on holidays I spoke to another agent in his office to look at my file, not sure if you have the option, but if you are as impatient as I was - that could possibly be an option?). Holding thumbs for you.

Yeah I thought the same as well. He would have viewed everything there. But I do have access to our account with the TRN so I did see that action required thing. I rang the my MA's office today, but he is the only one in charge of all visa related cases.

Yes..keep me posted about your friend, just for curiosity. Remind me, did your PR come through @Hex ? 🙂

1 minute ago, ajk said:

Yes it is showing status as 'received' and last updated was on 16th march.I have still another 2 months time before my AFP, PCC and medicals to get expired.

My guesstimate would be that you hear back from them within the month - month and a half. Stay strong, it's on it's way! 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

My guesstimate would be that you hear back from them within the month - month and a half. Stay strong, it's on it's way! 

On the 16th march my MA hasn't uploaded any documents. But it is showing status as last updated on that day.

Hi all,

We've finally received our Golden email an hour ago!!

I wish everyone all the best.. Hopefully all the grants will start coming through very soon in the new year! 

I've just gone and bought a Australian Flag and a Blow-Up Kangaroo which I will surprise my Husband with when i get home today!  😁

Edited by EDB07
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 21

Just now, Nora said:

Yeah I thought the same as well. He would have viewed everything there. But I do have access to our account with the TRN so I did see that action required thing. I rang the my MA's office today, but he is the only one in charge of all visa related cases.

Yes..keep me posted about your friend, just for curiosity. Remind me, did your PR come through @Hex ? 🙂

@Nora If you have access to your TRN number, you could always import your application and check messages / updates in regards to what changed or what is required. 

As for my PR - yep, it came through and was granted / finalized in November 2018.

2 minutes ago, ajk said:

Yes it is showing status as 'received' and last updated was on 16th march.I have still another 2 months time before my AFP, PCC and medicals to get expired.

Same boat, our medicals will expire on April. Prior to the 29/Dec/2018, the last date shown as updated was 3 April 2018 (when medicals were done). 

Best of luck.. I think we are nearly there!!!!!! Hang on!!!! :):) @ajk

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EDB07 said:

Hi all,

We've finally received our Golden email a half an hour ago!!!

I wish everyone all the best.. Hopefully all the grants will start coming through very soon in the new year! 

I've just gone and bought a Australian Flag and a Blow-Up Kangaroo which I will surprise my Husband with when i get home today!  😁

You lodged on 9th March lucky you already got grant. I hope i will get this month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@Nora If you have access to your TRN number, you could always import your application and check messages / updates in regards to what changed or what is required. 

As for my PR - yep, it came through and was granted / finalized in November 2018.

Yes I did that..I imported the application, and that is where I read the further documentation request or further action required letter.  
Oh wow, what a relief hey!!! Congrats to you and your loved ones!! I did what Bella recommended..haha we bought a bottle of champ!! (not that we drink) but haha just for the giggles!! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nora said:

Yes I did that..I imported the application, and that is where I read the further documentation request or further action required letter.  
Oh wow, what a relief hey!!! Congrats to you and your loved ones!! I did what Bella recommended..haha we bought a bottle of champ!! (not that we drink) but haha just for the giggles!! 🙂

And in the request / response it seriously says "Apparently, the action required is to click on "I acknowledge that the documents are complete"? That's a first for me, wow! 

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

And in the request / response it seriously says "Apparently, the action required is to click on "I acknowledge that the documents are complete"? That's a first for me, wow! 

So after that the visa was granted for you? can't she say yes to it or it has to be done by MA?