12 minutes ago, Dlasar27 said:

Reallly happy to see people in this group come together and give support to a stranger they haven't even met ❤️❤️❤️❤️

@Kashif.Iqbal hang in there bro, Dnt you loose hope 🙂

Are u in Melbourne? Happy to meet sometime to have a chat. 

Kashif, if you live in Melbourne, give me a buzz. Would like to meet you up. It might boost your confidence.

13 minutes ago, Jenny1985 said:

We have to keep hope.i bought champagne today in the fridge as positive thinking. I know it’s stressful but not worth being depressed over or worse. Life is too short 

BEST MOVE EVER!!!! 

This really really helped my partner and I! We even moved house with it! 

It was our holy grail! 

Law of attraction baby! 

And remember the longer you wait the more value that bottle is accumulating and the better it tastes! 

Mine was classified as vintage by the end easy! Hahhaha ! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 03/01/2019 at 05:42, Mano@187 said:

Thanks mate 

10 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys, i would like to discuss something with all of you.

Please give you opinion.

Since i lodge my VISA application for 186 TRN, i am so much worried for my permanent residency.

I am checking my visa application status every day, login my immi account every day, checking my email, browse the immi site for visa processing times and searching every day on internet about latest updates about immi policies. i am in so much anxiety i dont know how to tell you guys that how much worried and keen for my residency. Even from last 7 month there no even a hour passed of my life in which i didn't think about my PR. I just making a cancer in my mind, i am getting mentally sick. i think i will get mad soon, i my decision came negative i will kill my self.

i am nearly 36 years old, arrived in Australia 7 years ago as a student than one of my employer offer my sponsorship after years. to become an australian resident is my dream no one from my family have ever been here, even my frieds family member ask only one thing have you got nationality there. i haven't been visit my family from last 4 years, i am telling to my slef i will visit after getting my residency. i am really dying every day, i saw a a lot of people every day even they are younger than me and they have residency, they are enjoying there life and i am not. 

i am really crying at the moment, please tell me what should i do, i am thinking to consult with a psychiatric.

WHY IMMIGRATION TAKING SO MUCH TIME FOR GIVING THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY DECISION, WHY THEY ARE RUINING OUR LIFEEEEEEEEEE

WE ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEING, WE WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY HERE, PLEASE GIVE US RESIDENCY WHY THEY TAKING YEAR TO GIVE DECISION.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I AM CRYING, DEAR GOD PLEASE GIVE ME DESIDENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Brother plz dnt think negative. If u r going through struggling days now then happy days are waiting for u. U will definately get Ur pr only thing u hav to keep patience. I got it after 29 mnths and in between I also feel stressed but then I realize overthinking will not give me anything rather than bad health and I just keep moving wth flow of time. Talkto Ur family everyday and to Ur frnds as well whom u think will motivate u . Listen to positive people. We all are here to support u. U will be winner one day. Gud luck

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 07:13, BB88 said:

@Hex - there are Grandfathering arrangements in place though.  Based on the below:

Client held a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017 and continues to hold this visa or a 457 visa/TSS visa/related bridging visa at time of application OR Client lodged a subclass 457 visa application on or before 18 April 2017 which was subsequently granted and continues to hold this visa or a 457 visa/TSS visa/related bridging visa at time of application:

New requirements apply subject to the transitional provisions outlined below:

• occupation list requirements will not apply
  • the age requirement will remain at less than 50 years of age with existing age exemptions still available, and
  • the minimum period an applicant is required to have been employed in their nominated occupation as the holder of a subclass 457 or TSS visa will remain at two years.

Therefore, if they meet the above criteria, they should be able to apply for the 186 either DE or TRT (f they have worked for the same company in the nominated 457 occupation for the previous 2 years).

My nominated occupation is also on the STSOL but I held my 457 Visa before 18 April 2017.

@BB88 Thanks for this. 

So, are you saying - if her skill IS ON the STSOL list, then she would not be able to apply for a 186 (either route)? 

She is applying as a "Child care centre manager" (haven't checked the list). She has had her visa for a little over a year now and my assumption was that, if you had a 457, you should be able to transition to a 186 (either) - there would be no reason to go for the 190 route, however, it sounds like I could be mistaken? 

Thanks again for the heads up.

On 04/01/2019 at 17:05, boo-yaa said:

One of their main criteria is the occupation. If you look at our spreadsheet you will see high skilled occupations normally get processed very quickly. Lower skilled occupations or those seen to be a high risk will take much longer to get processed.

I can assure you - they don't just randomly select cases.

I agree, there's been too much "coincidence" in occupations for it not to play a role. I'm a strong believer that it plays a role in your application. 

On 04/01/2019 at 15:07, Pinky117 said:

Hex, as far as I know that if your friend's occupation is on STSOL, he/she can NOT apply for 186 DE nor TRT as per March 18 new rules.

This is the only thing i can think of.

@Pinky117 did I read that correct? If their occupation IS ON the list, they cannot apply for a 186? 

Do you have a link to some literature for me to read on this please? Sounds interesting... 

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I agree, there's been too much "coincidence" in occupations for it not to play a role. I'm a strong believer that it plays a role in your application. 

I would say there is a number of High Risk Occupations that are given extra scrutiny - certainly there is faster processing on the point based VISA stream based on occupation, but on the TRT 186 at least, I think it's done in order of application, high risk occupations; Chef, Restaurant Manager, Hairdresser etc taking longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

@BB88 Thanks for this. 

So, are you saying - if her skill IS ON the STSOL list, then she would not be able to apply for a 186 (either route)? 

She is applying as a "Child care centre manager" (haven't checked the list). She has had her visa for a little over a year now and my assumption was that, if you had a 457, you should be able to transition to a 186 (either) - there would be no reason to go for the 190 route, however, it sounds like I could be mistaken? 

Thanks again for the heads up.

Note: Skilled occupation list requirements willnot apply to TRT stream applicants who either:

• held a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017 and continues to hold this visa (or a TSS visa / related bridging visa at time of application)
  • lodged a subclass 457 visa application on or before 18 April 2017, which was subsequently granted, and continues to hold this visa (or a TSS / related bridging visa at time of application).

@Hex You are saying that your friend has been on a 457 for over a year.. That would mean she applied after 18/april/2017 meaning that the occupation is relevant on her case as per the reading above. All those applications lodged after 18/april/2017 must comply on the new requirements for Ens 186 where occupations are relevant as per 18/March/2018.

Just now, Nora said:

Note: Skilled occupation list requirements willnot apply to TRT stream applicants who either:

• held a subclass 457 visa on 18 April 2017 and continues to hold this visa (or a TSS visa / related bridging visa at time of application)
  • lodged a subclass 457 visa application on or before 18 April 2017, which was subsequently granted, and continues to hold this visa (or a TSS / related bridging visa at time of application).

@Hex You are saying that your friend has been on a 457 for over a year.. That would mean she applied after 18/april/2017 meaning that the occupation is relevant on her case as per the reading above. All those applications lodged after 18/april/2017 must comply on the new requirements for Ens 186 where occupations are relevant as per 18/March/2018.

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/2018-changes-of-eligible-skilled-occupations

• Thanks 1

Guest Maggie2018
12 hours ago, Jenny1985 said:

We have to keep hope.i bought champagne today in the fridge as positive thinking. I know it’s stressful but not worth being depressed over or worse. Life is too short 

Good on you mate! I also bought a champagne 2 months ago and store it in the fridge! Lol...I have been waiting for 19 months now, for the first 16 months I was always positive and didn’t bother to check my immi status, then since 3 months ago I have started to feel stressed and became uncertain due to the long wait. So I decided to try every possible way to reduce the thoughts of negativity and focus on living my life to the fullest in this beautiful courtry which I have called home for nearly 10 years! I just came back from a 4 days new year trip to a nice spa resort in the blue mountains and I feel much better now, I start to pick up my favourite sport swimming as often as possible, I go to work and make jokes with my customers which make them laugh....

Life is not easy for everyone, we will surely be facing lots of unpredictable ups and downs in the future no matter what this visa outcome might be. Just remember at the end of the day what we need is LOVE and FAITH, that is the main reason we can overcome any pains and struggles in life!

Hello Friends,

I have applied my ENS 186 TRT around mid to end last year. 

I am still on 457 visa until June-2019 this year. My bridging visa-A is not active due to current 457 visa is still ongoing. My wife and my son, both are included in current 457 and 186 visa application. 

My wife and my son want to visit my family overseas while our 186 visa application is under process. I am the main applicant and will be remain in Australia. 

My questions are:

1. Will my application be on hold until they come back to Australia ?

2. Will they require new clearance certificate due their overseas visit (High Risk Country)?

Thank you in advance. 

1 hour ago, Nora said:

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/2018-changes-of-eligible-skilled-occupations

@Nora Thanks for the information. I had a look at it does seem to be on the STSOL list.

- I'm correct in assuming then that she should be fine to apply for the 186 visa, there is further less reason to be going for the 190?

https://www.workvisalawyers.com.au/resources/occupation-lists/subclasses-457-186.html

Child Care Centre Manager 134111 MLTSSL TRA
Edited by Hex

23 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys, i would like to discuss something with all of you.

Please give you opinion.

Since i lodge my VISA application for 186 TRN, i am so much worried for my permanent residency.

I am checking my visa application status every day, login my immi account every day, checking my email, browse the immi site for visa processing times and searching every day on internet about latest updates about immi policies. i am in so much anxiety i dont know how to tell you guys that how much worried and keen for my residency. Even from last 7 month there no even a hour passed of my life in which i didn't think about my PR. I just making a cancer in my mind, i am getting mentally sick. i think i will get mad soon, i my decision came negative i will kill my self.

i am nearly 36 years old, arrived in Australia 7 years ago as a student than one of my employer offer my sponsorship after years. to become an australian resident is my dream no one from my family have ever been here, even my frieds family member ask only one thing have you got nationality there. i haven't been visit my family from last 4 years, i am telling to my slef i will visit after getting my residency. i am really dying every day, i saw a a lot of people every day even they are younger than me and they have residency, they are enjoying there life and i am not. 

i am really crying at the moment, please tell me what should i do, i am thinking to consult with a psychiatric.

WHY IMMIGRATION TAKING SO MUCH TIME FOR GIVING THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY DECISION, WHY THEY ARE RUINING OUR LIFEEEEEEEEEE

WE ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEING, WE WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY HERE, PLEASE GIVE US RESIDENCY WHY THEY TAKING YEAR TO GIVE DECISION.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I AM CRYING, DEAR GOD PLEASE GIVE ME DESIDENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its tough mate...I'm sure everyone on here can relate to how you are feeling.

Here's a good way to look at it (worked for me)....

All those things you mentioned you do on a daily basis.....
- Checking my visa application status every day,
- Login my immi account every day, checking my email,
- Browse the immi site for visa processing times
- Searching every day on internet about latest updates about immi policies.

They only add to your anxiety. Your application is out of your control, none of the above things help. I know its easier said than done but try to take a break from all of the above. It will do you the world of good.

Keep your head up - it will come eventually. Remember, you have a whole community here to support you if you need to talk. 

Take care my friend.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Nora Thanks for the information. I had a look at it does seem to be on the STSOL list.

- I'm correct in assuming then that she should be fine to apply for the 186 visa, there is further less reason to be going for the 190?

https://www.workvisalawyers.com.au/resources/occupation-lists/subclasses-457-186.html

Child Care Centre Manager 134111 MLTSSL TRA

If she applied after 18/April/2017 for 457..she will then meet the 3 years requirement in order to apply for a Ens 186 and only capable if her occupation is on the MLT. But according to what you have said, she is on the SSL list and applied for 457 after the 18/april/2017. Therefore she does not meet the requirements or her occupation is not eligible for 186. That is why her MA is recommending to go for 190. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jenny1985 said:

I agree! I was really anxious about it in November but have since stopped checking immiaccount all the time and only check here once a week etc. It will happen, just need to wait it out 🙂

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Is software tester role is an HR occupation?

1 hour ago, Nora said:

If she applied after 18/April/2017 for 457..she will then meet the 3 years requirement in order to apply for a Ens 186 and only capable if her occupation is on the MLT. But according to what you have said, she is on the SSL list and applied for 457 after the 18/april/2017. Therefore she does not meet the requirements or her occupation is not eligible for 186. That is why her MA is recommending to go for 190. 

Thanks @Nora, she was granted her 457 in June 2018 (06/2018) and her occupation  (based off that website) is on the MLT - see below. 

- It's frustrating as to why this needs to be so complicated. 

image.thumb.png.ec29592b7f602fa8af657877a9593dd9.png

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

I wouldn't say so, personally - I've seen a few "software testers" get through with minimal waiting periods (there are the obvious exceptions). 

As Software tester was removed on  march 18th  2018, do u think that why my application it is getting delayed? When my nomination was approved the role is in the list.

Edited by ajk

6 minutes ago, ajk said:

As Software tester was removed on  march 18th  2018, do u think that why my application it is getting delayed? When my nomination was approved the role is in the list.

Hi @ajk, no - applications should have no delay impact for occupations that were removed. 

- As long as they were valid at the time of lodgement (which yours was), there should be no issues. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thanks @Nora, she was granted her 457 in June 2018 (06/2018) and her occupation  (based off that website) is on the MLT - see below. 

- It's frustrating as to why this needs to be so complicated. 

image.thumb.png.ec29592b7f602fa8af657877a9593dd9.png

For anyone interested in an up to date occupation list: 

Updated as of 1st January 2019.

https://www.seekvisa.com.au/skilled-occupation-list-australia-2018/ 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

For anyone interested in an up to date occupation list: 

Updated as of 1st January 2019.

https://www.seekvisa.com.au/skilled-occupation-list-australia-2018/ 

I am confused with this list my occupation Quality assurance manager 139914 doesn't have 186 in its visa stream how is that possible and its showing on 190 visa which my MA confirmed I am not eligible can someone confirm if this list if accurate please as I want to talk to my MA