1 hour ago, Ezzentric said:

Hi @babysleep It's quite a process with Hong Kong. I helped a friend navigate the process .   It's best to check the HK gov website. All the steps are there and you need the immi letter attached as HK govt wants to know the reason and proof of the reason. You will use the Aus Post office but not all Post offices know the full process so best to go the the ones where there is a big HK expat community such at the CBD. Hope this helps. 

Thanks! I have already checked the website, just not sure whether I can go to police station to get fingerprint done!

1 hour ago, babysleep said:

Hong Kong. I just got the request letter from Immi.

Character and Police Certificate Requirements

As per the Department’s website (Character and Police certificate requirements), some countries such as Singapore, Japan, The Netherlands, Fiji, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, or Hong Kong, require a letter from the Department first in order to provide a penal check (‘penal check letter’). If you wish to ‘front end load’ the penal check process to reduce processing delays you may wish to obtain a penal check letter before you lodged your visa application or prior to receiving a request for further information from the Department.

For such requests you can email the bio-data page of your passport to nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au and include the words “Penal Check Letter” in the subject line of your email.

1 minute ago, Gary Leigh said:

Character and Police Certificate Requirements

As per the Department’s website (Character and Police certificate requirements), some countries such as Singapore, Japan, The Netherlands, Fiji, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, or Hong Kong, require a letter from the Department first in order to provide a penal check (‘penal check letter’). If you wish to ‘front end load’ the penal check process to reduce processing delays you may wish to obtain a penal check letter before you lodged your visa application or prior to receiving a request for further information from the Department.

For such requests you can email the bio-data page of your passport to nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au and include the words “Penal Check Letter” in the subject line of your email.

Thanks for reply! I have already received the letter, just finding place to do fingerprint ^^

15 minutes ago, babysleep said:

Thanks for reply! I have already received the letter, just finding place to do fingerprint ^^

Go to NSW police online service to book the fingerprints service and go to the local police station (I recommend you going to the CBD ones). Please mention you're doing the service for HK CNCC.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/user_charges_user_pays_policing_services

177 *Taking fingerprints of applicant for applicant's own use (this fee is NOT for criminal record check or security industry licence) 45.00 0.00 45.00

Edited by Gary Leigh

Looks like my previous suspicions were correct - my friends MA is making them apply for a 190 visa, instead of a 186 (either stream).

Before I tell her my exact thoughts on her MA, is there anyone that could think of ANY reason why someone would pick a 190 stream vs a 186 (DE / TRT).

They are on a 457 and been onshore for 1-2 years already. 

- I wonder if the MA could make more money going this route (as a possible incentive to him to suggest / push the client onto this route). 

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

Looks like my previous suspicions were correct - my friends MA is making them apply for a 190 visa, instead of a 186 (either stream).

Before I tell her my exact thoughts on her MA, is there anyone that could think of ANY reason why someone would pick a 190 stream vs a 186 (DE / TRT).

They are on a 457 and been onshore for 1-2 years already. 

- I wonder if the MA could make more money going this route (as a possible incentive to him to suggest / push the client onto this route). 

Hex, as far as I know that if your friend's occupation is on STSOL, he/she can NOT apply for 186 DE nor TRT as per March 18 new rules.

This is the only thing i can think of.

• Like 1

Hi. Guys

My MA got a phone call from immigration and CO requested an additional document about my wifes english.

It was unknown number so stay with it. If you get unknown phone call, you or your MA should answer.

I think it is a good sign for me to be asked for English evidence.

I am really excited...... hope I get a golden mail soon

Thanks

My timelines are below

Nomi and Visa applied on 24th 02. 2018

Chef

186 trt

Sydney

No: 2pp

South Korea(LR)

Nomi approved 17th Dec 2018.

Additional document requested 4th Jan 2019.

But immi status is still "Received"

Edited by Jay kim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pottsie said:

The immigration Dept should really explain how/ why they seem to randomly select cases. Certainly not in date order 😴. Feel for those waiting from 2017 etc. 

One of their main criteria is the occupation. If you look at our spreadsheet you will see high skilled occupations normally get processed very quickly. Lower skilled occupations or those seen to be a high risk will take much longer to get processed.

I can assure you - they don't just randomly select cases.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2018 at 10:23, Bellabonkers said:

OMG!

OUR VISA'S JUST GOT GRANTED!!!!!

Just literally now- i hadn't even bothered checking IMMI since the 21st Dec - but they ARE working!

WHAT AN END TO 2018!

I'm uncontrollably crying!!!!

Remain positive everyone - positive energy attracts positive outcome! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thank you for all the advice, encouragement and laughter the past 2 years!!

My timeline is in my signature!!!

All the love, hope, and positive dust,

Chris and Bella xxx

@Bellabonkers Melbourne 👌 

Yeahhh i am sitting tight for the extra wait😊

Just now, Jenny1985 said:

Because there really is no rhyme nor reasons for timelines. Friend in same role and occupation applied and got hers in 3 months and 10 months later still waiting

Just because you don't get to see IMMI's criteria for processing visa's doesn't mean there is no 'rhyme or reason'.

If your friend in the same role applied on the same date as you and their application is exactly the same as yours in EVERY possible aspect - then you may have a point. But it wont be. 

Your previous statement "I honestly don’t believe occupation plays a part" is 100% incorrect. Its so clear, that certain occupations get overly scrutinised and suffer with longer processing times.

Say a Brain Surgeon and a Chef both apply on the same day - what visa do you think will get proceed first? Tongue firmly in cheek but you get my point. Occupation has a massive deciding factor.

10 minutes ago, Jenny1985 said:

Let’s agree to disagree- I have my opinion and you have yours 

No problem at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...even those who believe the earth is flat.

Out of interest, what is your timeline? I cant recall seeing yours being shared...have you been waiting long?

• Like 3