6 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

I think the training benchmarks has been stopped since August 2018, means employers don't need to pay any training benchmarks any more.

But I'm not 100% sure, please do consult with any other MA.

As far as I know, the training benchmark has to be paid for each year in case of nominations before August. For peace of mind, it is better to pay (2% instead of 1%).  I suggest to contact another MA for consultation too.

2 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys, my lawyer told me in the start of this year immigration department may increase the quota for ENS visas because ATO demands more 457/482, 186/187 workers as they're the massive part of the ATO's Income (Tax).

Hi @Kashif.Iqbal, it would be great if these "tellings" had any backing to them. 

Next time your lawyer tells you these things, could you please ask for some literature / website to validate or get more information on same. solid, factual information is always a best best, in case of getting hopes up. 

Has anyone ever heard of a financial restriction for a 457 - 186 visa (either DE or TRT)?
- Or for any visa in fact (189 maybe)? 

A friend of mine told me that their MA has said that the one requirement they need to transition from a 457 to a 186, is that they need to show funds of 45k (AUD) in their personal bank account(s). 

I've never heard of this (for any visa actually - other than investment visas) and was wondering if anyone had run into something similar? 

19 minutes ago, Hex said:

Has anyone ever heard of a financial restriction for a 457 - 186 visa (either DE or TRT)?

A friend of mine told me that their MA has said that the one requirement they need to transition from a 457 to a 186, is that they need to show funds of 45k (AUD) in their personal bank account(s). 

I've never heard of this (for any visa actually - other than investment visas) and was wondering if anyone had run into something similar? 

Hard to believe.  

A half of the Australians are unable to demonstrate spare 45k on their accounts 🙂

Edited by ICT Customer Support Officer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hey all, I’ve gone from recieved to initial assessment! I’m guessing this means my nomination was approved?

They have requested form 80 for me and my partner, and police checks.

Should have them both uploaded today, as we completed our police checks around 6 months ago.

My advice is to get that form 80 sent in guys, if it’s requested or not, as it could have been a golden e mail instead of a silver one! 😬 (if MA had uploaded police checks when I sent them too)

Good luck to you all, and could the admin please update the spreadsheet for me

Sean - March 18, (if initial assessment means my nomination was granted then that was 31/12/18)

requested above docs.

peace out! ✌️

• Congratulations 4

1 hour ago, seanthejoiner said:

Hey all, I’ve gone from recieved to initial assessment! I’m guessing this means my nomination was approved?

They have requested form 80 for me and my partner, and police checks.

Should have them both uploaded today, as we completed our police checks around 6 months ago.

My advice is to get that form 80 sent in guys, if it’s requested or not, as it could have been a golden e mail instead of a silver one! 😬 (if MA had uploaded police checks when I sent them too)

Good luck to you all, and could the admin please update the spreadsheet for me

Sean - March 18, (if initial assessment means my nomination was granted then that was 31/12/18)

requested above docs.

peace out! ✌️

Mate what date in March did you apply....

On 02/01/2019 at 12:35, Bips22 said:

Congratulations Bella. Wow great News ... Enjoy your Blessed New Year .... 💥🎉

Thanks 🙂 

On 02/01/2019 at 19:13, Angeleeloo said:

So Happy for you bella!! . The best start of 2019 👌 .  Lets hope that it is the turn of the hairdressers , I am 17 months in nowww and sending out alllll the positive vibes 🤙🤙🤙

Yay come on hairdressers! I waited 21 months total so just prepare for a long wait and you won't be disappointing. I truly had doubts that my case wouldn't be opened before i planned my big trip to the UK in May so i am just so relieved, remain positive and enjoy every moment you are hear waiting! Where are you based? good luck! 

On 02/01/2019 at 23:20, CD_waiting said:

This is the best news ever. As a lurker and occasional poster, i am so happy for you! What a wonderful way to begin a new year! Your positivity and kind soul deserve many hugs and accolades. Congratulations.  💖

Thanks so much! Hopefully your soon too!

FYI- some advise if i may.....

Best advise i can give to those stressed having only waited 10 months or so- buckle up! Expect to be waiting the maximum waiting time frame and then it is a wonderful pleasant surprise when it is sooner! Prepare for the worst- hope for the best!

Also being continually concerned and worried is disturbing for your soul and attracts negative energy. Don't be concerned if you haven't heard anything and your wait time is under 2 years- this is wasted energy, many people wait this long. ITS NORMAL (unfortunately) YOU ARE NOT ALONE! ! Just relax and enjoy every moment you can whilst you are in this beautiful country. 

Focus on the euphoric, magical, synchronistic, beautiful parts of your life, and the universe will keep giving them too you. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys, Please help me with this.

I recently applied for 186 with medical done in Dec/17 for visa 457. Now since medical is expired and I am planning to renew them. Should I take the appointment using the same HAP ID which was used in 457? I tried checking with BUPA but they advised me to go to immi account. Immi account will not suggest a medical test until my case is allocated to CO.

I tried checking the forum and saw few people able to refresh medical using the same HAP ID. But I have used the HAP ID from the previous VISA which is already granted.

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Sounds very suspect. I would advise your friend to ask why there agent needs to see 45k in their bank account as its not a requirement.

Seems like a red flag to me.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Sounds very suspect. I would advise your friend to ask why there agent needs to see 45k in their bank account as its not a requirement.

Seems like a red flag to me.

Agreed!

You do need this for State Sponsorship though....

If he is going for a 190 visa this may be the reason why? 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

I lodged my 186 visa( trt) on 10 August, under the urge of MA, I actually completed my two years employment in the beginning of July, and communicated with MA and HR to lodge my visa, but seems the paperwork from financial department never been provided, so I just kept waiting till the beginning of August, MA sent me and HR a letter about new training fund called SAF will be implemented on 12 August, which means the sponsor has to pay additional $5000 for every sponsorship, so they all urged Financial do their job quickly, and I got lodged just 2 days before. And my employer decided stop sponsoring after that coz they don’t want to pay that amount of money. 

So this is my story and my understanding of new financial restrictions, but 45k in personal account that doesn’t sound any reasonable!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, babysleep said:

Hong Kong. I just got the request letter from Immi.

43 minutes ago, babysleep said:

Anyone know where I can get fingerprint in Sydney? I need it for overseas police check!!

Thanks a lot for helping!

Hi @babysleep It's quite a process with Hong Kong. I helped a friend navigate the process .   It's best to check the HK gov website. All the steps are there and you need the immi letter attached as HK govt wants to know the reason and proof of the reason. You will use the Aus Post office but not all Post offices know the full process so best to go the the ones where there is a big HK expat community such at the CBD. Hope this helps. 

15 hours ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

I lodged on the same day as you, when the AFP certificate was requested on 23rd November, I uploaded it within 20 minutes of receiving the notification, since then, radio silence. Ive got my fingers crossed for a grant for us both this month!

Thanks mate. At least they requested for some documents. For me there is nothing asked so far. my PCC and medicals is expiring end of next week and hopefully they dont ask me to do once again which means further hole in my pocket :( :(

Hope we get our PR soon. by the way, did you also apply under accountants catergory?

Thanks,

Mayur

43 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Agreed!

You do need this for State Sponsorship though....

If he is going for a 190 visa this may be the reason why? 

@Bellabonkers mmmh, I didn't know this was the case with the 190 - interesting.

However, if she is currently on a 457, I don't see why they would then be going for a 190, it should be a clear cut, 457 - 186 (either stream). 

I have a feeling this agent is trying to push them to a 189 / 190 and it sounds really suspect to me. 

Thanks for the input. 

22 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Thanks mate. At least they requested for some documents. For me there is nothing asked so far. my PCC and medicals is expiring end of next week and hopefully they dont ask me to do once again which means further hole in my pocket 😞 😞

Hope we get our PR soon. by the way, did you also apply under accountants catergory?

Thanks,

Mayur

My PCC's and Medicals come to expiry at the start of Feb.

It's a tough one as there are variables in play that you just simply can't predict the outcome of, ie; will they approve it tomorrow? Will they approve it even if your PCC's and Medicals have expired? Will they request updated ones? etc.. I'd always suggest to play it safe and not leave things to chance and give yourself the best chances of a decision ready application when a CO is assigned.

My role is ICT Sales Representative.

Good luck and vibes to all.

5 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Hi guys Immi requested me medical after my nomination approved. I have already done it and my immi account changed from initial assessment to further assessment. Any idea how long it will take after this? 

Thanks

Usually up to 1 month max. But could take longer - who knows.