On 23/11/2018 at 13:07, ajk said:

Congratulations i hope i would be next lodged on march 3.

Hi everybody.... I am having a question for all of you that is it possible that documents are requested by one case officer in nomination application and the nomination is approved by another case officer.... your replies will be highly appreciated.....

Edited by Gomzi

2 hours ago, Gomzi said:

Hi everybody.... I am having a question for all of you that is it possible that documents are requested by one case officer in nomination application and the nomination is approved by another case officer.... your replies will be highly appreciated.....

Quite possible. The first one might leave the job, be assigned to another area, go on leave, all sorts of things, so that another one takes over. 

Wow, what an epic thread!

First time poster. 186 DE, employer nomination Dec 7th 2018, applied Dec 14th 2018. Occupation is Chemical Engineer 233111, born in the UK, citizen now of Canada as well. Age 41, hence was finding it pretty futile to get a 189 with 65 points. So, lucky to find a sponsor and now at the back of a long line, but it's a line that actually moves 🙂 

Look forward to reading a lot more of this thread and finding out how everyone's timelines are going.

Cheers,
Dave

• Like 4

17 hours ago, galisuman said:

Immigration will be closing from next Wednesday 19.12.2018 and be back till 2nd week of Jan 2019. I am washing my hands on any update on my application this year....

Hi,

Where did you get this information? Is that confirmed?

1 hour ago, Benoit said:

Hi,

Where did you get this information? Is that confirmed?

They are actually closed from Fri December 21st until Wednesday January 2nd. 

Individual staff may be on leave for longer but the Department will only be closed over the immediate Christmas/New Year period - as is normal for Australian Government Departments. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, davey5593 said:

Wow, what an epic thread!

First time poster. 186 DE, employer nomination Dec 7th 2018, applied Dec 14th 2018. Occupation is Chemical Engineer 233111, born in the UK, citizen now of Canada as well. Age 41, hence was finding it pretty futile to get a 189 with 65 points. So, lucky to find a sponsor and now at the back of a long line, but it's a line that actually moves 🙂 

Look forward to reading a lot more of this thread and finding out how everyone's timelines are going.

Cheers,
Dave

Welcome! Good luck on your application! 

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Got my xmas present on Friday, still hangover but happy as! 

Timeline:

Chemist

TRT, LR

Nomination submitted:20th Jan 2018

Application submitted:22nd Jan 2018

Additiinal docs requested: 17th Oct 2018

Additional docs submitted: 2nd Nov 2018

Nomination and Visa Granted:14th Dec 2018

Please add me to the spred sheet.Good luck to all of you! Hope you will get yours soon.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 15

1 hour ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys i just want to ask a question, any one can guide me.

"How do we know that CO has been allotted to our application, if the file status is still Received?"

Please answer.

When that status changes will it indicate someone is looking at it, From what I have read on here its most likely you will get your verdict before the immi is updated especially if no further action is needed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pottsie said:

When that status changes will it indicate someone is looking at it, From what I have read on here its most likely you will get your verdict before the immi is updated especially if no further action is needed

For us the first we heard was that the employer nomination had been approved. Then 1 week later on our Immi account the “last updated” date changed, then the same day the status changed to “Finalised” I think that if they had needed any more docs, it would have changed to “open” or “Inital Assessment” maybe?

Once the status changed to Finalised, I called our MA to tell them it had been granted. The grants will appear as messages on your Immi account.

Edited by samlab
Add extra info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys i just want to ask a question, any one can guide me.

"How do we know that CO has been allotted to our application, if the file status is still Received?"

Please answer.

@Kashif.Iqbal

You will know that you have a CO assigned once your "Last updated" date changes.

Also, as soon as a CO is assigned, something will be actioned. Meaning, they will either ask you for some documentation or grant your case. 

Also, received will change to either "initial assessment" or to "further assessment", due to the above details. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Kashif.Iqbal

You will know that you have a CO assigned once your "Last updated" date changes.

Also, as soon as a CO is assigned, something will be actioned. Meaning, they will either ask you for some documentation or grant your case. 

Also, received will change to either "initial assessment" or to "further assessment", due to the above details. 

Are you sure about this? My nomination has been approved in Feb (submitted Oct 2017), my application was lodged on the 15th of March and my "Last update" is April the 5th, and it's still labelled as "Received", any clue what's going on here?

1 minute ago, Benoit said:

Are you sure about this? My nomination has been approved in Feb (submitted Oct 2017), my application was lodged on the 15th of March and my "Last update" is April the 5th, and it's still labelled as "Received", any clue what's going on here?

Same here as well my visa was lodged on 4th march 2018 but the last updated is showing as 16th March 2018.

2 minutes ago, Benoit said:

Your nomination and visa application are not related within your Immi account.

The nomination is for your companies nomination (they are a completely separate application to your visa).
- This means that, although your nomination could be updated and documents requested for same etc. this would not affect your visa application. 

If your visa application has a last updated date of April, then something changed on your application that day. It is still possible to be in Received, however, that would also depend on what changed on that day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ajk said:

Same here as well my visa was lodged on 4th march 2018 but the last updated is showing as 16th March 2018.

It seems that we are in a similar case and we also we have a similar timeline, I'm happy that I'm not only in that case for the updated dates, I hope we will have the good news this week! 

• Thanks 1