I feel terrible to say this, but my nomination was refused yesterday because of training bench mark, without asking for further documents. My MA thinks we have a chance to win if we appeal and we will have a meeting next week, but does someone have an answer to my questions? The problem is I must get the visa until 31/12/2019 or I need to go back to my country, so time is very important to me(It's because of military service and there is no other option).

Q1. I heard that appeal takes ages to process, like minimum 15 months, and even if we win the appeal, that's just a nomination and we need to apply for the visa after that. Is that correct?

Q2. My occupation was removed from the list on March 2017, when whole 457 visa was removed. Can I still re-apply nomination? I heard applying nomination again can take shorter time than appeal. (my occupation is sound technician)

Thank you for reading this, and hope you guys visas come through without any problem. Thanks

• Sad 3

Hi CPP,

So sorry your about your rejection... 

I can try to answer question 1, don’t know enough to answer question 2.

My first nomination application was also rejected last Feb due to a couple of missing documents (org chart mainly which is ridiculous as we don’t have org charts in Management Consulting, they wouldn’t make sense...). I was given the same options as you: appeal or reapply. Was told that appeals can take up to 2 years, cost money and the outcome is not a PR. My MA suggested I just reapply as it’s quicker and more efficient. I can maybe ask for a refund of one of my applications later if the second application is accepted (but not even sure as apparently immigration is now finding it normal to just reject applications, ask us for more money and to start over if a document is missing, which I find quite shocking: it’s a waste of CO time and they’re just taking more money from us...). 

If you can’t reapply, go for an appeal of course.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Good luck!!!

6 hours ago, CPP said:

I feel terrible to say this, but my nomination was refused yesterday because of training bench mark, without asking for further documents. My MA thinks we have a chance to win if we appeal and we will have a meeting next week, but does someone have an answer to my questions? The problem is I must get the visa until 31/12/2019 or I need to go back to my country, so time is very important to me(It's because of military service and there is no other option).

Q1. I heard that appeal takes ages to process, like minimum 15 months, and even if we win the appeal, that's just a nomination and we need to apply for the visa after that. Is that correct?

Q2. My occupation was removed from the list on March 2017, when whole 457 visa was removed. Can I still re-apply nomination? I heard applying nomination again can take shorter time than appeal. (my occupation is sound technician)

Thank you for reading this, and hope you guys visas come through without any problem. Thanks

What was wrong with your benchmark? If your boss didn't pay in on time, it doesn't look like winning for appealing.

But the concern is your occupation is removed from occupation lists.

I know a reliable agency, I can introduce him if you need

you can tell the reason of rejection and get the true feed back and solution.

He is my MA and well known in the face group also always quick feed back and response.

Adam. +61 497 788 891

http://withoutbordersimmigration.com/

Facebook - withoutbordersimmigration

10 hours ago, CPP said:

Sorry to hear that ☹️ Hate hearing of people getting rejected. 

What was wrong with the Benchmark?

13 hours ago, boo-yaa said:

Sorry to hear that ☹️ Hate hearing of people getting rejected. 

What was wrong with the Benchmark?

17 hours ago, Jay kim said:

What was wrong with your benchmark? If your boss didn't pay in on time, it doesn't look like winning for appealing.

But the concern is your occupation is removed from occupation lists.

I know a reliable agency, I can introduce him if you need

you can tell the reason of rejection and get the true feed back and solution.

He is my MA and well known in the face group also always quick feed back and response.

Adam. +61 497 788 891

http://withoutbordersimmigration.com/

Facebook - withoutbordersimmigration

Thanks for the reply guys. So we knew the new benchmark got tougher than before, so we paid extra attention to it. But CO was just super picky on this, so the reasons were;

1. There were couple of invoices that a trainer came to the company and gave us training about teaching (we are a very small school), and CO said there is no written evidence that those training were given to actual 'PR' holder staff or citizen staff on the invoice. Like, who writes that some product is for PR or citizen holder on the invoice? AND we could more than be happy to provide extra documents if CO asked.

2. Training benchmarks were paid on time. But CO said there is no evidence that it was actually paid from the company's account. We provided our MA bank statements of specific period of training benchmarks were paid, but our MA didn't submit it, but again, if CO asked it, we could have sent those evidences right away.

Well it is too late for me, but they really do refuse nominations without asking further documents, so keep that in mind folks.  

Edited by CPP

1 hour ago, CPP said:

Thanks for the reply guys. So we knew the new benchmark got tougher than before, so we paid extra attention to it. But CO was just super picky on this, so the reasons were;

1. There were couple of invoices that a trainer came to the company and gave us training about teaching (we are a very small school), and CO said there is no written evidence that those training were given to actual 'PR' holder staff or citizen staff on the invoice. Like, who writes that some product is for PR or citizen holder on the invoice? AND we could more than be happy to provide extra documents if CO asked.

2. Training benchmarks were paid on time. But CO said there is no evidence that it was actually paid from the company's account. We provided our MA bank statements of specific period of training benchmarks were paid, but our MA didn't submit it, but again, if CO asked it, we could have sent those evidences right away.

Well it is too late for me, but they really do refuse nominations without asking further documents, so keep that in mind folks.  

Sorry to hear that! This CO is so picky!

Is there any other refusal reasons given by CO besides training benchmark?

2 hours ago, qfmouse said:

Sorry to hear that! This CO is so picky!

Is there any other refusal reasons given by CO besides training benchmark?

No just training benchmark. We mainly focused on genuine position part, so it was quite shocking for us

31 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Immigration working weekend 🤨

I know, surprisingly awesome.

24 minutes ago, Jay kim said:

Some COs work on the weekend???????

Unbelievable!!

I think they can work remotely.

And I'm pretty sure for some other visa I applied before  I received a messages on Saturday too.

On 07/12/2018 at 15:28, Parkesy said:

That is such good news!!!! Well happy for you! Friend of mine is getting stressed after waiting 8 months. Told him maybe not to look on here haha!

Sounds like you are close anyway. Please message me if you get it! Weird I check this forum around the time you get your first bit of good news. Maybe its meant to be? I feel a Jan 8th visa coming on for you!

It is so hot and Im dreading riding home. Bought a new motorbike so Ive been on it every day. Did not consider how hot I would be sitting at the lights!! Ouch.

45259202_10156560192535977_7136247320907087872_n.jpg

LOOOOVE the motorbike!

NO i don't want 8th Jan i want December! haha!