6 minutes ago, boo-yaa said:

Customer Service Manager - 149212 is seen as a high risk occupation. IMMI scrutinise these applications more than others.

I assume that's the occupation he was Nominated under.

Yeah thanks for that folks. Too many people trying to scam the system making it an extra hard and long process for people like me. 

5 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Yeah thanks for that folks. Too many people trying to scam the system making it an extra hard and long process for people like me. 

I think it's often not an intended scam of the system, rather people taking a creative approach in nominating an occupation that doesn't match what DHA considers appropriate for the role. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KBK said:

Thanks heaps for all your prompt responses Guys. Got same response from my MA, as long as you hold a 457 and nominated for 186 TRT with same occupation as per your current 457, the lodgement is valid and not to worry. I have just imported my application in immi account and it is showing last updated date as 21 Nov 2018 and submitted date as 21 May 2018, also my MA confirmed that He has not done any updates to the application from his side. Hopefully thats a good news.

All good mate. Hope all of us can get the PR soon.

Now the only thing I worry about is our small company size.

Keep positive and pray for the nomination grant🙏

• Like 1

Good day Everyone, Just got big relief Got my PR this morning, please update the excel sheet  

Occupation ICT Support Engineer

Applied both Nom and visa on 09/02/2018

approved 06/12/2018

Name initial BSG, 3 applicatns

I wish everyone here best of luck you will receive your grant soon.

Thanks and regards

Bikramjit Gill

• Like 8
  • Congratulations 2

22 minutes ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

Good day Everyone, Just got big relief Got my PR this morning, please update the excel sheet  

approved 06/12/2018

Thanks and regards

Bikramjit Gill

Congratulations bro

28 minutes ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

approved 06/12/2018

Thanks and regards

Bikramjit Gill

Congratulations

32 minutes ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

approved 06/12/2018

Thanks and regards

Bikramjit Gill

Good news of the week. Congratulations mate.

14 hours ago, Bikramjit Singh Gill said:

approved 06/12/2018

Thanks and regards

Bikramjit Gill

Congrats 🙂

@MaggieMay24

What are your thoughts on creating / adding a new emoticon / reaction for "congratulations"? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for congratulating people on their approvals, I just think how many less pages / more refined the data would be without the tons of posts with "congrats". 

My thoughts are that, instead of replying to a post simply to say "congrats", you could show that same reaction by means of emoticon / reaction (like the "like" / "thanks" etc.).

Just a thought? 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 5

21 hours ago, galisuman said:

Sorry but I heard an sad story this morning, I was speaking to an packer in my company came from an labour hire agency and apparently a month back he owned an 7-11 store in NSW and the reason he is now broke is due to fact that his PR got refused 2 times, his occupation was "Retail manager". He informed me that not only him but 6 of his friends PR nomination was refused 3 times for few people. Please be aware if there is any retail manager occupation in this group as that's the only occupation on the immigration chopping board of refusals.

Me and my partner used to own a cafe where I was sponsored, but the rules got changed and when you are involved in a 457 visa connected to the businness you can not be a stakeholder and definitely not the owner of the business. I had to change jobs because my PR would have been refused too.

I do not know what visa this guy was on, but if  he was on a 457 you can not own the shop you are sponsered in. I also doubt if a 7/11 can sponsor anyway? Its a franchise.

Besides that if he was sponsored somewhere else it is not advised to own any business while sponsored because then they can argue that you have other priorities besides your sponsored position.

so I am not very surprised that this person did not get his PR. 

Still sad for him tho

Edited by Suusz

2 hours ago, Suusz said:

Me and my partner used to own a cafe where I was sponsored, but the rules got changed and when you are involved in a 457 visa connected to the businness you can not be a stakeholder and definitely not the owner of the business. I had to change jobs because my PR would have been refused too.

I do not know what visa this guy was on, but if  he was on a 457 you can not own the shop you are sponsered in. I also doubt if a 7/11 can sponsor anyway? Its a franchise.

Besides that if he was sponsored somewhere else it is not advised to own any business while sponsored because then they can argue that you have other priorities besides your sponsored position.

so I am not very surprised that this person did not get his PR. 

Still sad for him tho

I spoke to him earlier today he was on state sponsorship and it was a TR he didn't tell me exactly what visa but he invested 500k on the franchise as he sub-let it from an original owner and claimed the business in partnership and him as major stake holder of 51% apparently. As now his PR got declined he has moved on selling the business back to owner in an loss and now appealing so meanwhile he is on bridging visa. 

2 minutes ago, Azzii1982 said:

Feedback from MA for provide further documentation for my application this week, my status has now moved to further assessment from initial assessment...

Can you add your details to your signature when did you lodge which stream etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hex said:

@MaggieMay24

What are your thoughts on creating / adding a new emoticon / reaction for "congratulations"? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for congratulating people on their approvals, I just think how many less pages / more refined the data would be without the tons of posts with "congrats". 

My thoughts are that, instead of replying to a post simply to say "congrats", you could show that same reaction by means of emoticon / reaction (like the "like" / "thanks" etc.).

Just a thought? 

I think this is such a good idea and i couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

Just now, Bellabonkers said:

Hey,

My Health Examination status has changed to: 

"Examinations ready for assessment – no action required"

Is this now waiting for my Case officer to re look at my case?

Still patiently waiting for AFP Cert....

Yep - basically means that it's been uploaded and is ready for CO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Hey,

My Health Examination status has changed to: 

"Examinations ready for assessment – no action required"

Is this now waiting for my Case officer to re look at my case?

Still patiently waiting for AFP Cert....

Checking the forum for a friend and look who is back! Surely you have it by now mate?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Azzii1982 said:

Feedback from MA to provide further documentation for my application this week,
my status has now moved to further assessment from initial assessment...

That gives me little hope... I'm a GD too. Hopefully we will both get our PR soon ! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

Checking the forum for a friend and look who is back! Surely you have it by now mate?

HEEEELLLLLO!

I love that you still check in haha!

Well i got my nomination approved last Thursday after immigration called my work place and asked 50,000 questions....

Then updated police check and medical requested - got a medical appointment the next day (Tues this week) ans applied for police cert same day - still waiting for these in the post.

What i'm thinking and this is my law of attraction again....is that case officer MAYBE not want to open a new file JUST before xmas so they maybe (JUST ,MAYBE) will check through all the open cases that are just awaiting updated documents earlier then the 28 days so they can clear the backlog before Christmas and start a fresh next year!

This way of thinking has given me a ray of hope that i MAYBE JUST MAYBE may have my PR this year which would just finish this year off beautifully for me and start 2019 with a bang!

I hope your well! HOT in old Melbs today ain't it? haha

45 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

HEEEELLLLLO!

I love that you still check in haha!

Well i got my nomination approved last Thursday after immigration called my work place and asked 50,000 questions....

Then updated police check and medical requested - got a medical appointment the next day (Tues this week) ans applied for police cert same day - still waiting for these in the post.

What i'm thinking and this is my law of attraction again....is that case officer MAYBE not want to open a new file JUST before xmas so they maybe (JUST ,MAYBE) will check through all the open cases that are just awaiting updated documents earlier then the 28 days so they can clear the backlog before Christmas and start a fresh next year!

This way of thinking has given me a ray of hope that i MAYBE JUST MAYBE may have my PR this year which would just finish this year off beautifully for me and start 2019 with a bang!

I hope your well! HOT in old Melbs today ain't it? haha

That is such good news!!!! Well happy for you! Friend of mine is getting stressed after waiting 8 months. Told him maybe not to look on here haha!

Sounds like you are close anyway. Please message me if you get it! Weird I check this forum around the time you get your first bit of good news. Maybe its meant to be? I feel a Jan 8th visa coming on for you!

It is so hot and Im dreading riding home. Bought a new motorbike so Ive been on it every day. Did not consider how hot I would be sitting at the lights!! Ouch.

45259202_10156560192535977_7136247320907087872_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

That is such good news!!!! Well happy for you! Friend of mine is getting stressed after waiting 8 months. Told him maybe not to look on here haha!

Sounds like you are close anyway. Please message me if you get it! Weird I check this forum around the time you get your first bit of good news. Maybe its meant to be? I feel a Jan 8th visa coming on for you!

It is so hot and Im dreading riding home. Bought a new motorbike so Ive been on it every day. Did not consider how hot I would be sitting at the lights!! Ouch.

45259202_10156560192535977_7136247320907087872_n.jpg

Nice bike mate 😎 I've been wanting to get my lessons done but the other half seems to wear the trousers 😭 Ill keep working on it.

6 hours ago, Hex said:

@MaggieMay24

Just a thought? 

We should just use the 'Like' button, for now anyway.