1 minute ago, ajk said:

It won't as these changes are made and will affect the applications lodged after 18th March 2018. 

Ta ! 

Hopefully I get my PR soon (hoping for xmas, how good would that be!?!) so i don't need to stress over nothing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KBK said:

Hi,

Does this affect me 😞My details are

Stream: 457 -  186 TRT

Applied on : 21 May 2018(nomination & application)

State: NSW

Number of applicants: 2

Immi Status: Received

Rules were changed on 18th March 2018 but you lodged in  May i guess it might affect @Hex what do u think. Better ask Your MA agent as well he would know better than any of us.

Edited by ajk

2 minutes ago, ajk said:

Rules were changed on 18th March 2018 but you lodged in  May i guess it might affect @Hex what do u think. Better ask Your MA agent as well.

As far as I'm aware, if you're profession has been removed then you shouldn't be able to apply for a visa (especially if you are using an MA).

However, I'm not 100% on this - although it does seem like anything after March 2018 would be affected. I agree with @ajk, in that you should contact your / a MA to confirm and look at alternatives. 

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

As far as I'm aware, if you're profession has been removed then you shouldn't be able to apply for a visa (especially if you are using an MA).

However, I'm not 100% on this - although it does seem like anything after March 2018 would be affected. I agree with @ajk, in that you should contact your / a MA to confirm and look at alternatives. 

@KBK as @Hex suggested talk to your MA immediately i know you waited a long time but keep on eye every time on the immi website they are changing the rules days these quite frequently. 

Edited by ajk

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thanks guys. I have just emailed my MA. will see what He says.

13 minutes ago, KBK said:

Hi,

Does this affect me 😞My details are

Stream: 457 -  186 TRT

Applied on : 21 May 2018(nomination & application)

State: NSW

Number of applicants: 2

Immi Status: Received

No, because of transitional arrangements for 457 visa holders. Basically, if you had a 457 with pretty much any occupation (originally the CSOL), then you can could be nominated for 186 visa. The March 18 deadline, if I remember correctly, would only apply to 186 DE nominations, not TRT, so you should be alright.

Additionally, I don't think your MA would have filed for a visa you are not eligible for!

Edited by Sickofqueues
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sickofqueues said:

No, because of transitional arrangements for 457 visa holders. Basically, if you had a 457 with pretty much any occupation (originally the CSOL), then you can could be nominated for 186 visa. The March 18 deadline, if I remember correctly, would only apply to 186 DE nominations, not TRT, so you should be alright.

Additionally, I don't think your MA would have filed for a visa you are not eligible for!

I think @Sickofqueues is right.

I found this information which might be useful to read: https://migrationdownunder.com/457-visa-changes/

3 minutes ago, KBK said:

Thanks guys. I have just emailed my MA. will see what He says.

Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)

"There is no separate STSOL list on our website as visa programmes that utilise this list can also access some additional occupations on the MLTSSL. For ease of reference, we have combined both the STSOL and the eligible MLTSSL occupations  together. See: Combined list of eligible skilled occupations.

You must nominate an occupation on this Combined list of eligible skilled occupations if you are applying for any of the below:

Removed occupations

On 19 April 2017, 200 occupations were removed entirely from the STSOL.

See: List of the removed occupations

A further 16 occupations on the MLTSSL (indicated by ‘** asterisks’) were restricted to only apply to the following visa programmes:

See: Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

If your occupation has been removed from the list, you will be impacted if:

If you already hold a subclass 457 visa, you will not be impacted by these removed occupations unless you apply for a further subclass 457 visa or are changing your occupation or employer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mate, I just copy n paste this from previous post. By my understanding, it would affect 186 Direct Entry only. Please check the last line which said if you already hold 457, you will not be impacted.

Not too sure, please contact your MA and let me know the outcome as my occupation was removed as well.😨

19 minutes ago, ZacW said:

Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)

"There is no separate STSOL list on our website as visa programmes that utilise this list can also access some additional occupations on the MLTSSL. For ease of reference, we have combined both the STSOL and the eligible MLTSSL occupations  together. See: Combined list of eligible skilled occupations.

You must nominate an occupation on this Combined list of eligible skilled occupations if you are applying for any of the below:

Removed occupations

On 19 April 2017, 200 occupations were removed entirely from the STSOL.

See: List of the removed occupations

A further 16 occupations on the MLTSSL (indicated by ‘** asterisks’) were restricted to only apply to the following visa programmes:

See: Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

If your occupation has been removed from the list, you will be impacted if:

If you already hold a subclass 457 visa, you will not be impacted by these removed occupations unless you apply for a further subclass 457 visa or are changing your occupation or employer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi mate, I just copy n paste this from previous post. By my understanding, it would affect 186 Direct Entry only. Please check the last line which said if you already hold 457, you will not be impacted.

Not too sure, please contact your MA and let me know the outcome as my occupation was removed as well.😨

Sure Mate. I will update you as soon as I hear from him.

40 minutes ago, ajk said:

@KBK as @Hex suggested talk to your MA immediately i know you waited a long time but keep on eye every time on the immi website they are changing the rules days these quite frequently. 

We had similar situation. MA said as long as our 457 visa is valid we can apply and new rules won't affect us.So we could manage to apply before expiry of 457

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajk said:

Ok that's good then.

Thanks heaps for all your prompt responses Guys. Got same response from my MA, as long as you hold a 457 and nominated for 186 TRT with same occupation as per your current 457, the lodgement is valid and not to worry. I have just imported my application in immi account and it is showing last updated date as 21 Nov 2018 and submitted date as 21 May 2018, also my MA confirmed that He has not done any updates to the application from his side. Hopefully thats a good news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KBK said:

Thanks heaps for all your prompt responses Guys. Got same response from my MA, as long as you hold a 457 and nominated for 186 TRT with same occupation as per your current 457, the lodgement is valid and not to worry. I have just imported my application in immi account and it is showing last updated date as 21 Nov 2018 and submitted date as 21 May 2018, also my MA confirmed that He has not done any updates to the application from his side. Hopefully thats a good news.

Thats a good news 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jacob001 said:

Hi guys I am a silent reader. My company lodged my 186 TRT Accountant last Tuesday. They have provided internal financials of the company and not the original ATO ones. Will this lead to a refusal? Thanks.

When i lodged my application my MA asked for the original ATO ones to submit as well,  so they can validate across the internal financials of the company provided are correct.  Which stream and occupation you had applied for? Have you applied using MA if so they know better. 

Edited by ajk

Just now, ajk said:

When i lodged my application my MA asked for the original ATO ones to submit as well. Which stream and occupation you had applied for? Have you applied using MA if so they know better. 

TRT ACCOUNTANT. MA said internal ones will be okay.

5 minutes ago, Jacob001 said:

TRT ACCOUNTANT. MA said internal ones will be okay.

We provided quite lot of documents which includes ato ones, Receipts of the training amount spent, internal financial documents e.t.c. My nomination was approved in 3 months it depends on your organisation as well did they nominated anyone in the past like did they sponsor any one? if so they will have all the information and even they can accept just internal financial documents it all depends on the CO.

Edited by ajk

Sorry but I heard an sad story this morning, I was speaking to an packer in my company came from an labour hire agency and apparently a month back he owned an 7-11 store in NSW and the reason he is now broke is due to fact that his PR got refused 2 times, his occupation was "Retail manager". He informed me that not only him but 6 of his friends PR nomination was refused 3 times for few people. Please be aware if there is any retail manager occupation in this group as that's the only occupation on the immigration chopping board of refusals.

12 minutes ago, ajk said:

We provided quite lot of documents which includes ato ones, Receipts of the training amount spent, internal financial documents e.t.c. My nomination was approved in 3 months it depends on your organisation as well did they nominated anyone in the past like did they sponsor any one? if so they will have all the information and even they can accept just internal financial documents it all depends on the CO.

Thanks AJK. I got my 457 earlier based on the internal ones and other mates in the same company got as well their 457 on the same internal ones.

Edited by Jacob001
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jacob001 said:

Thanks AJK. I got my 457 earlier based on the internal ones and other mates in the same company got as well their 457 on the same internal ones.

Thats good then hope your nomination gets approved soon.All the best.

1 minute ago, galisuman said:

Sorry but I heard an sad story this morning, I was speaking to an packer in my company came from an labour hire agency and apparently a month back he owned an 7-11 store in NSW and the reason he is now broke is due to fact that his PR got refused 2 times, his occupation was "Retail manager". He informed me that not only him but 6 of his friends PR nomination was refused 3 times for few people. Please be aware if there is any retail manager occupation in this group as that's the only occupation on the immigration chopping board of refusals.

Customer Service Manager - 149212 is seen as a high risk occupation. IMMI scrutinise these applications more than others.

I assume that's the occupation he was Nominated under.