24 minutes ago, ishantnu said:

Hi Guys,

A silent reader here, got my PR granted last evening.

My timeline:

Applicants - 3

Country - India

Occupation - Software Engineer

Stream - 186 DE

Nomination & Visa Applied - 28 Feb 2018

Nomination approved - 13 Nov 2018

RFI - 16 Nov 2018 ( my 10 month old son medical exam)

Information Provided and Further Assesment - 21 Nov 2018

186 Granted - 27 Nov 2018

Best of luck to everyone waiting.

Congratulations 

On 27/11/2018 at 07:13, Hex said:

Providing documentation before the CO attends to the case has no impact on processing time. 

The only time this would affect the processing time, is if the documents are not provided and the CO requests them (they they would need to wait for you to upload the requested files).
- FYI, in this case - they allocate 28 days for you to upload any requested filed, meaning there is at best, another month before the CO gets back to your case. 

@Hex is spot on here. When you lodge a new visa, its recommended in waiting a few months before doing the medical. That way, there is less chance of it running out and you having to pay for it to be completed again.

The way things are going, you could easily wait about 6 months before completing your medical and it wouldn't delay anything.

You just need to make sure you complete it before a Case Officer is assigned.

Edited by boo-yaa
  • Like 1

Okay so I just found out immigration called my work today - I was there but they Asked for my full name and everyone knows me as Bella not my full name....

Apart from that it all seemed pretty positive! 

My company and my own file still say “recieved” which is strange because she gave my employer the impression she had looked through all of the files and didn’t need anymore information.

i feel abit sick because someone has finally looked at the file god knows how I’m going to feel when I actually get a decision...

now for my question... has anyone else had immigration turn up or call and if so how long after did a visa decision happen....

My god I’m praying for a Christmas present!!!! 

Ill update the spreadsheet in a moment.

thanks in advance! 

• Like 9

I have lodged my application on 1st Mar'18 (ENS 186, DE, offshore, HR) but my MA advised to go for the health check in Mar'19 as at the time processing time was 10-15 months. As we all know, the processing time is significantly more now for DE at 16-19 months 😞 Based on this, does it still make sense to wait till March for my medical?? Is my MA right to suggest this or are we being to pessimistic about the timeline, lol! Any advice would be appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Okay so I just found out immigration called my work today - I was there but they Asked for my full name and everyone knows me as Bella not my full name....

My company and my own file still say “recieved” which is strange because she gave my employer the impression she had looked through all of the files and didn’t need anymore information.

i feel abit sick because someone has finally looked at the file god knows how I’m going to feel when I actually get a decision...

now for my question... has anyone else had immigration turn up or call and if so how long after did a visa decision happen....

thanks in advance! 

I am crossing my fingers for you bella !! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hydra said:

I have lodged my application on 1st Mar'18 (ENS 186, DE, offshore, HR) but my MA advised to go for the health check in Mar'19 as at the time processing time was 10-15 months. As we all know, the processing time is significantly more now for DE at 16-19 months 😞 Based on this, does it still make sense to wait till March for my medical?? Is my MA right to suggest this or are we being to pessimistic about the timeline, lol! Any advice would be appreciated. 

No one really knows when a case officer will be assigned to your case. You need to use your own best judgement.

I'll let you know my situation - my application was lodged in March 18. Just over 8 months ago. I had my medical this week. My thinking is that hopefully it wont take another year for someone to look at my file. Again, I could be wrong but who knows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellabonkers said:

thanks in advance! 

Good news 👍... all the best and keep us posted  !!

• Like 2

thanks in advance! 

That is so exciting! At least your file is not lost!!;) keep us updated

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddy101 said:

I have finally uploaded my requested documents after almost 28 days. It took longer then I thought as NZ police clearance takes 28 days to process, so I uploaded them immediately after I received them. 

Status has changed from Initial assessment to Further assessment. 

Somehow, NZ police clearance only lasts for 6 month, so my CO requested for a new one. I thought they last for 1 year.

Fingers crossed my golden email is on its way.

@Eddy101 I am in similar situation. I was asked to submit new NZ police certificate which took exactly 28 days. Submitted documents on 20th Nov with new MOJ consent. I have been told that Immigration performs additional penal check with MOJ after submission of police certificate and it has to be done within 2 months  since certificate was issued. Now waiting as visa application is further assessment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LT19 said:

@Eddy101 I am in similar situation. I was asked to submit new NZ police certificate which took exactly 28 days. Submitted documents on 20th Nov with new MOJ consent. I have been told that Immigration performs additional penal check with MOJ after submission of police certificate and it has to be done within 2 months  since certificate was issued. Now waiting as visa application is further assessment.

Good luck to both of us!

4 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

thanks in advance! 

What's your profession and how long you been waiting bella?

13 hours ago, Angeleeloo said:

I am crossing my fingers for you bella !! 

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU

12 hours ago, Bips22 said:

Good news 👍... all the best and keep us posted  !!

THAAAAANK YYYOOOOOOUU

12 hours ago, Suusz said:

That is so exciting! At least your file is not lost!!;) keep us updated

I NO! I CANT BELIEVE IT - SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY LOOKING.... AAAHHHHHH. THANK YOU!

9 hours ago, Gighen87 said:

What's your profession and how long you been waiting bella?

Hey.... all of my details are in my signature ........

SO HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD IMMIGRATION CALL OR TURN UP AND HAVE VISA GRANTED???? 

IF SO HOW LONG WAS THE GAP????

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU

THAAAAANK YYYOOOOOOUU

Omg girl, seems like someone is going to get spoiled this Xmas. Yay!

• Like 1

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU

THAAAAANK YYYOOOOOOUU

I have heard others having immigration turn up then shortly after, their CO would request for further documentations, then silence for a long time. Another one I heard is that you get the call from CO, and if they are happy with everything, you will get a direct grant. There are still too many possibilities. My advice is to not keep your hopes too high. When it happens it happens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nora said:

Omg girl, seems like someone is going to get spoiled this Xmas. Yay!

I HOPE SO! AAAHHHH!

1 hour ago, Eddy101 said:

I have heard others having immigration turn up then shortly after, their CO would request for further documentations, then silence for a long time. Another one I heard is that you get the call from CO, and if they are happy with everything, you will get a direct grant. There are still too many possibilities. My advice is to not keep your hopes too high. When it happens it happens. 

Thanks for the reply Eddy,

You used to be able to flick right back through years of data on the spreadsheet so could see a pattern of when immigration visited or called and how soon after anything else happened however some dum dum didn't realise the significance of data prior to the oldest waiting case on the spreadsheet and so deleted all the old sheets (this annoys me almost every time i look at the thing) 

So your info really has helped- my case still says received as well so i'm really hoping and praying for a direct grant here! 

I believe the processing times should decrease as they reach the March applications onwards. I read that Immigration are not making employers subject to the training benchmarks and the new SAF levy regulations simultaneously. These were part of the March 1st changes. This means they will be able to go through applications faster as they do not have to check receipts against complicated payroll balance sheets. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, UKAUS123 said:

I believe the processing times should decrease as they reach the March applications onwards. I read that Immigration are not making employers subject to the training benchmarks and the new SAF levy regulations simultaneously. These were part of the March 1st changes. This means they will be able to go through applications faster as they do not have to check receipts against complicated payroll balance sheets. 

It's worth mentioning that this will help due to the fact that agents are now going to be given the power to reject an application immediately, if there isn't sufficient information provided. 

I think it's a terrible idea and will cause havoc - but yes, for the applications that are complete, they should be processed much quicker in the near future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

MY NOMINATION JUST GOT APPROVED!

IT WENT FROM RECEIVED STRAIGHT TO FINALISED!

IT WAS AN HOUR AGO BUT IV'E JUST STOPPED CRYING!

Now for my PR ...... I'M JUST PRAYING THEY DON'T ASK FOR AN UPDATE ON DOCUMENTS AND GIVE ME A STRAIGHT APPROVAL! 

Congrats!! so happy for you. I know you are a long waiter also. 

I have a feeling it'll be today 😄