Hi guys nomination approved on 15th july since then no news of visa and i have one question if you guys can help. What are the docs will be required for visa is it only applicants documents required such as 2 year payg, english qualification etc of applicant. Any business document they can ask at the time of visa? As they have already ask them at the time of NOMINATION. Really appreciate if someone share their experience and how long i will wait. Occupation CHEF 

application lodged onshore 

will it make diffrence if visa lodged after 3 months of nomination lodgement.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Flav said:

Still waiting from 4/4/2017

position Caterer

haven’t heard from them at all

Isnt it funny how all hospo positions are being IGNORED completely despite the industry being in high demand for professionals? Believe me, looking for competent staff is a lost cause, no Australians or permanent residents wants to take the job. They do not want a minimum wage job which require 50/55hrs a week, no benefits, weekends an holidays at work and basically are not even considering these positions while looking for work! So why the governament does not allow us to take over and carry on the industry? Why do they think at us like roaches lurking in the dark to steal jobs from Aussies? Is the same as in my country, all angry at immigrants when no one of the locals wants to dirty their hands with honest but hard work! That’s unfair! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Toryalis said:

Isnt it funny how all hospo positions are being IGNORED completely despite the industry being in high demand for professionals? Believe me, looking for competent staff is a lost cause, no Australians or permanent residents wants to take the job. They do not want a minimum wage job which require 50/55hrs a week, no benefits, weekends an holidays at work and basically are not even considering these positions while looking for work! So why the governament does not allow us to take over and carry on the industry? Why do they think at us like roaches lurking in the dark to steal jobs from Aussies? Is the same as in my country, all angry at immigrants when no one of the locals wants to dirty their hands with honest but hard work! That’s unfair! 

I guess they dont process our files because while we are waiting we are exactly where they want us to be. Once they grant our PR we are actually free to move from the industry or job so it is not certain for them anymore that we still take the lower wage jobs for hard work. In hospitality a lot of owners pay extremely low wages for sponsored people, just to hold over their head that they control if they can stay in Australia or not.

This game makes me being depressed... 

I can't believe how the immigration handles this, this is unacceptable, really. If all this mess is in place, that's because Australia suffers from the lack of talented people like us all, why are they so painful when it comes to providing visas? This is crazy... I can't believe we have someone from 2015 as well! The fact that they increase randomly the processing time is also something I don't get... 

I wish the best of luck (including me) to everyone here! 

2 minutes ago, Suusz said:

I guess they dont process our files because while we are waiting we are exactly where they want us to be. Once they grant our PR we are actually free to move from the industry or job so it is not certain for them anymore that we still take the lower wage jobs for hard work. In hospitality a lot of owners pay extremely low wages for sponsored people, just to hold over their head that they control if they can stay in Australia or not.

Honestly guys - I don't think any of it is industry scope related. 

Lets try stay positive and don't let the system get us down! 

11 minutes ago, Hex said:

Mate do you want me to remind you that you’ve applied in January and are on initial assess already while hospo is waiting 2 years or more? Mmmmm...

1 minute ago, Toryalis said:

Mate do you want me to remind you that you’ve applied in January and are on initial assess already while hospo is waiting 2 years or more? Mmmmm...

@Toryalis No, there is no need for that. I know it's not easy - I'm also battling, however, it won't help being negative and running people down. 

This is a forum put in place to help, it's done wonders for me and in keeping me sane - as it has for others as well. 

We're all in the same situation here and really highly strung with stress, so no point in being negative to someone's opinion.  

That's all I have to say on it, let's try keep being positive and there for each other. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Hex said:

I have tried to stay positive for a very long time, at this point it just gets draining.

as random as the process is, over the last 15 months I have seen a few clear trends. There are people from march 18 getting their PR today, but never from the hospitality industry. I think it is fair to say that some occupations are on the bottom of the pile and stay there for a very long time.

also dont forget that these occupations have been taken of the list, so clearly we are not their priority.

I know negativity doesnt help, but I want to be realistic too so I dont get dissapointed all the time. If they can just say, hey hospitality takes about 2 years at the beginning of the track (not 6-8 months as I was told) then you just put your mind to it and make the most of it.

• Like 4

Guest Maggie2018
14 hours ago, nikimino said:

i am still waiting for the payment link as well. Same as you it has been 5 months. No worries. We just wait ,it surely will come. Don't lose hope. 

Thanks nikimino for the reply! Have your nomination been approved? All the best to you! 

I wish everyone in this waiting game will get a fair and happy ending! Because we are all hard working people making contribution to this country! Far out this is getting insane...I know we need to keep calm and have faith but sometimes it just couldn’t help getting a bit depressed. I need to book a getaway holiday soon to breathe some fresh air to my brain..

Edited by Maggie2018

22 hours ago, Toryalis said:

Hei guys Is anyone still waiting from 2017? I ve applied in June and my status still recived. Don’t know what to think anymore 

22 hours ago, Rani1985 said:

Waiting from April 2017 status still received very stressed 😩 

Hey - I am April 2017 also!!!!!

No contact whats so ever.....

waaaahhhhh

2 hours ago, Suusz said:

I have tried to stay positive for a very long time, at this point it just gets draining.

as random as the process is, over the last 15 months I have seen a few clear trends. There are people from march 18 getting their PR today, but never from the hospitality industry. I think it is fair to say that some occupations are on the bottom of the pile and stay there for a very long time.

also dont forget that these occupations have been taken of the list, so clearly we are not their priority.

I know negativity doesnt help, but I want to be realistic too so I dont get dissapointed all the time. If they can just say, hey hospitality takes about 2 years at the beginning of the track (not 6-8 months as I was told) then you just put your mind to it and make the most of it.

I Agree 100% 

I've been on this forum a while and whilst its very important to understand that its a drop in the ocean with regards to the amounts of applications immigration receive its very good to see trends.

When i joined the forum almost 2 years ago i looked for my own occupation on the spreadsheet- back when all the old years were kept there (some dumbass since has removed all old years so it impossible to look back which was the entire point of the spreadsheet) Anyway before you could see how long your occupation was likely to take- Hairdressers were always left for 18months or more- who knows why but on the spreadsheet you could clearly see. Then Doctors were less then 6 months and then occupations that i had never heard of - well they just zoomed through.

This kinda helped me as i set myself up for a long wait instead of the 8-10month guideline which i was given when i applied... I am now at 20 months and still received. 

I keep my file updated and enjoy each day i have here whilst i can. 

It would be crazy for someone to suggest that the process is not occupation driven. 

The entire system is occupation drievn so of course the order of processing would also work this way. 

3 hours ago, Hex said:

No offence Hex - but it would be slightly easier for someone who has only been waiting for 6 months ahead of some action to think more positively then someoen who has perhaps been waiting longer. I no the waiting process is hard for everyone but the longer the wait- generally the more painful.

I am with you though- it is defiantly best to remain positive !

*PR granted.

Dear friends,

I was granted PR this morning and my agent rang up to inform about this. I initially started with 186 and 190 during early 2012 but due to various factors [Job code being moved from SOL to CSOL, increase in eligibility points etc.] I couldn't secure an invitation.  

I had to take IELTS twice and PTE once to keep up with the race but still no progress despite scoring band-8 in all. So I took 457 pathway via an internal opportunity and moved to Australia in 2016 and finally reached the goal.

I'm listing my details in case it may help someone here;

- ANZSCO - 263111 [Computer Network and Systems Engineer].
- Years of experience - 12
- Organization : >$50bn, >100K employees.
- MARA used - Company appointed.
- Country - High risk, 3 applicants.
- Nomination & Visa lodged on 24th February 2018.
- Status changed from received to finalised straight without any contact. So I don't know if nomination was approved earlier or on the same day. Agent couldn't share more details about it. 
- Uploaded all necessary documents with the application, including PCC. Did healh assessment last month.
- During this wait, I contacted the dept. once via phone to check if there is any progress with my case as it had been in "Received" state for over 8 months and the agent who spoke was nice and kind to tell the case was being looked into but there wasn't an ETA.

Let me know if you require any additional information and I'll be happy to share.

I wish the set of people who have been waiting since 2016 and 2017 to get their grant at the earliest regardless of the occupation. 

Good luck all.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, SDK said:

*PR granted.

Dear friends,

I was granted PR this morning and my agent rang up to inform about this. I initially started with 186 and 190 during early 2012 but due to various factors [Job code being moved from SOL to CSOL, increase in eligibility points etc.] I couldn't secure an invitation.  

I had to take IELTS twice and PTE once to keep up with the race but still no progress despite scoring band-8 in all. So I took 457 pathway via an internal opportunity and moved to Australia in 2016 and finally reached the goal.

I'm listing my details in case it may help someone here;

- ANZSCO - 263111 [Computer Network and Systems Engineer].
- Years of experience - 12
- Organization : >$50bn, >100K employees.
- MARA used - Company appointed.
- Country - High risk, 3 applicants.
- Nomination & Visa lodged on 24th February 2018.
- Status changed from received to finalised straight without any contact. So I don't know if nomination was approved earlier or on the same day. Agent couldn't share more details about it. 
- Uploaded all necessary documents with the application, including PCC. Did healh assessment last month.
- During this wait, I contacted the dept. once via phone to check if there is any progress with my case as it had been in "Received" state for over 8 months and the agent who spoke was nice and kind to tell the case was being looked into but there wasn't an ETA.

Let me know if you require any additional information and I'll be happy to share.

I wish the set of people who have been waiting since 2016 and 2017 to get their grant at the earliest regardless of the occupation. 

Good luck all.

Congrats mate...

4 hours ago, Benoit said:

This game makes me being depressed... 

I can't believe how the immigration handles this, this is unacceptable, really. If all this mess is in place, that's because Australia suffers from the lack of talented people like us all, why are they so painful when it comes to providing visas? This is crazy... I can't believe we have someone from 2015 as well! The fact that they increase randomly the processing time is also something I don't get... 

I wish the best of luck (including me) to everyone here! 

Hi mate,

Believe it or not you will be called very soon without being doubt. Keep your faith on you. Never loose hope. I had the same situation like all of you guys and smile at the end. Keep your seat belt tighten up. I got my PR 6 weeks ago and i bought a house already. Dream comes true within 6 weeks. To be succeed patience is the key here. Hope you will be called up soon.

cheers !

• Like 2

Updated 2016-17 list

2016-17 list

MP007, Sema, TRN, Toryalis, Masha, Rani1985, Praveen, MEB, maria8999,  123stella, Flav , CD_waiting , Gighen87, MichaelD0411 , Lion , AlvinQi, Suusz, Angeleeloo and Bellabonkers

4 from 2016 and 15 from 2017. 

This is really a very very small number. Just wondering why department have to hold such a small list.

1 hour ago, MP007 said:

Updated 2016-17 list

2016-17 list

MP007, Sema, TRN, Toryalis, Masha, Rani1985, Praveen, MEB, maria8999,  123stella, Flav , CD_waiting , Gighen87, MichaelD0411 , Lion , AlvinQi, Suusz, Angeleeloo and Bellabonkers

4 from 2016 and 15 from 2017. 

This is really a very very small number. Just wondering why department have to hold such a small list.

And I believe that most of these people work in occupations that have been taken off the skill list in march. 

Just now, dschmidt said:

Hi @Suusz, do you think this is one of the reasons to delay the process? My occupation (software tester) was removed from the list as well.

I believe that these occupations have the least priority and that is causing more delays than other occupations that they find more important.

that doesnt mean that everyone will have such a delay, but I believe it definitely makes it more likely

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Suusz said:

I believe that these occupations have the least priority and that is causing more delays than other occupations that they find more important.

that doesnt mean that everyone will have such a delay, but I believe it definitely makes it more likely

Yes this HAS to be right!

Whats your Occupation and timeline Suusz?