Hey Guys,

A very silent reader here...I got my PR approved last week... I belong to one of the rarest professions that anyone would apply thro as a " Visual arts and crafts professional " and i work for the vfx industry here. 

I was on 457 visa working here for a year and my company sponsored me a 186 DE visa.

Applied profession : Visual arts and crafts professional

PR lodged on : 19th January 2018

I was pretty proactive in getting all police checks attached in May and getting my Health checked up at the same time. I was willing to update my police checks manually every 6 months and the latest PAYG without letting them them asking me for an updated one when they opened my application, although i never needed to do that too considering it got approved sooner than expected. I was happy to get the health checkups done again if requested. 

Nomination and PR approved on same day : 25th September 2018

My life was very rough in the last few months and I stressed as much as many people half way through but i learnt that there was no use stressing when im in the processing time limit as there is nothing that i can control, i only ended up losing peace at the moment. Once i stopped caring about anything and just letting the application go on the side while i live my life everyday being happy with what i had in Australia, i received a call from my MA and i was surprised. I would only suggest anyone not to get too stressed, we cant do anything inside the time limit and things are not under control. Just do your best by providing all docs correctly on time and let the application cook on the side. Good luck to you guys! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Petarapp said:

I don’t know if this help, my pr just granted today, i think we can do a little bit push to our case officer, this is my timeline

186 ens trt, customer service manager

186 visa applied on 27 June 2017

Nomination granted 5th June 2018

First docs requested same day as nomination granted ( AFP, medical check)

Second Docs requested around 15th July 2018 (National police check, job description or job reference letter)

submitted all docs on 8th August

After a long wait, i feld something strange that ive shouldnt been  waited for so long since 2nd docement requested (2 months ago) 

then we emailed to case officer we already submitted everything so please grant my visa asap ‘YESTERDAY’

.... then visa granted ‘TODAY’

maybe need a little bit push 

Congrats! I applied at the same time and with the same occupation. Still just 'received'. My file is decision ready but doesnt seem to have made a difference. 
Hopefully get some news soon. Honestly been the most stressful, long process. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Also a heads up as recently received urgent email from MA- pretty ridiculous, as if we need more stress. Obviously, immigration not taking into account at all how small businesses; or start-ups work 😞

We have recently received feedback of highly controversial outcomes from the Department who are starting to refuse 186 nomination applications on the basis that the business does not have the financial capacity to employ the nominee and pay the market rate salary for at least two years.

Further to this where a case officer has concerns regarding the financial capability of the nominator, they are not required to request additional information and can make a decision on the application without warning.

These decisions are being made by case officers who have limited to no understanding of how to read and interpret financial statements, and cannot comprehend standard industry accounting practices that may result in a business operating at a loss or only a small profit margin. These types of refusals do not align with current policy guidelines, however the decision remain valid.

We are now entering into an era with the Australian Government where they see Migration as a revenue stream and do not care about the outcome. They see no downside to providing a negative decision because in most instances it leads to a second application to generate further income

AS A MATTER OF URGENCY and to ENSURE that documentation submitted clearly meets Regulation 5.19 (5) (n) and we leave nothing to chance we recommend you provide:

1. Updated financial documentation from the business including BAS statements from April 2017, profit and loss, and annual report for the most recent financial year.
  2. Updated letter of support from the company accountant to attest that the business “has the capacity to employ the identified person for at least 2 years and to pay the person at least the annual market salary rate for the occupation each year”.  Reasons should be given by the accountant to support their statement. Please see attached partially completed template for completion.

To add weight the letter should be signed by a professional accountant who holds recognised qualification or memberships such as CPA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abhijitkulk said:

Hi,

My application is 186 ENS TRT but on  Immiaccount my application shows 

Type:

Permanent Employer Sponsored or Nominated Visa (186,187).

Does it matter?
I was looking at the timelines for 187 and they are beyond 15 months 
Should I do something for this??

please help.
Abhi

This was discussed before and it shouldnt matter I believe

2 hours ago, Petarapp said:

I don’t know if this help, my pr just granted today, i think we can do a little bit push to our case officer, this is my timeline

186 ens trt, customer service manager

186 visa applied on 27 June 2017

Nomination granted 5th June 2018

First docs requested same day as nomination granted ( AFP, medical check)

Second Docs requested around 15th July 2018 (National police check, job description or job reference letter)

submitted all docs on 8th August

After a long wait, i feld something strange that ive shouldnt been  waited for so long since 2nd docement requested (2 months ago) 

then we emailed to case officer we already submitted everything so please grant my visa asap ‘YESTERDAY’

.... then visa granted ‘TODAY’

maybe need a little bit push 

Hi I have same situation i summit second times in July.no  updates.can I know how did you send Emil to your case officer.becuse there is just common email.please help me.thanks.

I am a silent reader and I am over the moon the receive the golden email this afternoon. I wish you all soon receive your golden emails.

My timeline to share with you:

TRT - 3 people - HR

Nomination lodged: 09/01/2018

Application lodged: 10/01/2018

Nomination&Application granted (direct grant, status of application still "received" when the nomination was granted) on 04/10/2018

• Like 6

2 hours ago, maria8999 said:

Also a heads up as recently received urgent email from MA- pretty ridiculous, as if we need more stress. Obviously, immigration not taking into account at all how small businesses; or start-ups work 😞

We have recently received feedback of highly controversial outcomes from the Department who are starting to refuse 186 nomination applications on the basis that the business does not have the financial capacity to employ the nominee and pay the market rate salary for at least two years.

Further to this where a case officer has concerns regarding the financial capability of the nominator, they are not required to request additional information and can make a decision on the application without warning.

These decisions are being made by case officers who have limited to no understanding of how to read and interpret financial statements, and cannot comprehend standard industry accounting practices that may result in a business operating at a loss or only a small profit margin. These types of refusals do not align with current policy guidelines, however the decision remain valid.

We are now entering into an era with the Australian Government where they see Migration as a revenue stream and do not care about the outcome. They see no downside to providing a negative decision because in most instances it leads to a second application to generate further income

AS A MATTER OF URGENCY and to ENSURE that documentation submitted clearly meets Regulation 5.19 (5) (n) and we leave nothing to chance we recommend you provide:

1. Updated financial documentation from the business including BAS statements from April 2017, profit and loss, and annual report for the most recent financial year.
  2. Updated letter of support from the company accountant to attest that the business “has the capacity to employ the identified person for at least 2 years and to pay the person at least the annual market salary rate for the occupation each year”.  Reasons should be given by the accountant to support their statement. Please see attached partially completed template for completion.

To add weight the letter should be signed by a professional accountant who holds recognised qualification or memberships such as CPA.

Your agent is right, my agent said the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SKG said:

Hi I have same situation i summit second times in July.no  updates.can I know how did you send Emil to your case officer.becuse there is just common email.please help me.thanks.

I think my MA just sent common email to ask if they can grant my visa now because it was already 2 months after document requested

3 hours ago, maria8999 said:

Congrats! I applied at the same time and with the same occupation. Still just 'received'. My file is decision ready but doesnt seem to have made a difference. 
Hopefully get some news soon. Honestly been the most stressful, long process. Fingers crossed. 

Hopefully there will be a good news for you soon, but i might recommend to chase them a bit but not putting any pressure to case officer. 

4 minutes ago, Friskycharmer said:

Anyone in here lodged a 186 ENS in feb and had it approved ? 

I swear I posted this a few days ago and it’s dissapeared ? 

Im looking for the spreadsheet 

Ha yes you did, I think there’s been technical issues and deleted a few pages! spreadsheet is here: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/htmlview#

ive seen a couple more February approvals in last 2 days  🙌

14 hours ago, Bong1234 said:

I am a silent reader and I am over the moon the receive the golden email this afternoon. I wish you all soon receive your golden emails.

My timeline to share with you:

TRT - 3 people - HR

Nomination lodged: 09/01/2018

Application lodged: 10/01/2018

Nomination&Application granted (direct grant, status of application still "received" when the nomination was granted) on 04/10/2018

Congratulations! Hopefully more approvals for University lecturers soon!

19 hours ago, gvp said:

Hey Guys,

A very silent reader here...I got my PR approved last week... I belong to one of the rarest professions that anyone would apply thro as a " Visual arts and crafts professional " and i work for the vfx industry here. 

I was on 457 visa working here for a year and my company sponsored me a 186 DE visa.

Applied profession : Visual arts and crafts professional

PR lodged on : 19th January 2018

I was pretty proactive in getting all police checks attached in May and getting my Health checked up at the same time. I was willing to update my police checks manually every 6 months and the latest PAYG without letting them them asking me for an updated one when they opened my application, although i never needed to do that too considering it got approved sooner than expected. I was happy to get the health checkups done again if requested. 

Nomination and PR approved on same day : 25th September 2018

My life was very rough in the last few months and I stressed as much as many people half way through but i learnt that there was no use stressing when im in the processing time limit as there is nothing that i can control, i only ended up losing peace at the moment. Once i stopped caring about anything and just letting the application go on the side while i live my life everyday being happy with what i had in Australia, i received a call from my MA and i was surprised. I would only suggest anyone not to get too stressed, we cant do anything inside the time limit and things are not under control. Just do your best by providing all docs correctly on time and let the application cook on the side. Good luck to you guys! 

Congratulations!

Gives me hope. This process can be so stressful, so hang in there everyone

22 hours ago, Deep1984 said:

My MA provide all the fiancial documents for 2 years, accountant letter. And Contract. Still CO said documents didn't show genuine position. 

That’s only one of the reasons. I guess they can’t refuse you based on the employer can’t pay enough for the next 2 years so they assume your position is not genuine.

21 hours ago, kmp said:

Hi, 

I am silent reader and i called immigration last week on 131881 regarding my visa application status. They said it is in processing.

I do not know it mean CO allocated or not.

I think it may be standard reply. Would not assume it is being processed unfortunately.