Hi everyone!

Question:

In April it's going to be 2 years since we applied for 186 trt. Since when we applied we stated that we would have staied in the job position for other 2 years... does this means in april 2019 we can leave our job?

Our nomination has been approved in March 2018, and waiting since then for visa approval with docs requested twice!

What do you guys think?

5 minutes ago, 123stella said:

Hi everyone!

Question:

In April it's going to be 2 years since we applied for 186 trt. Since when we applied we stated that we would have staied in the job position for other 2 years... does this means in april 2019 we can leave our job?

Our nomination has been approved in March 2018, and waiting since then for visa approval with docs requested twice!

What do you guys think?

I think yes. Just make sure you do not leave your job before you get the PR.

25 minutes ago, 123stella said:

Hi everyone!

Question:

What do you guys think?

yes you can. Just return before your student visa expires.

1 hour ago, 123stella said:

Hi everyone!

Question:

What do you guys think?

You can leave but your visa won't be granted.

Question regarding the 2 year contract. I do have a contract which spans more then 2 years. However, soon it will be less then 2 years until my contract expires. As it is a requirement for us to have a 2 year contract, do we need to have one before the visa is approved (What I mean is that they will ask you to show that you have a 2 year visa before the final approval)? Or is it only a requirement when you apply for the visa?

1 hour ago, Eddy101 said:

Question regarding the 2 year contract. I do have a contract which spans more then 2 years. However, soon it will be less then 2 years until my contract expires. As it is a requirement for us to have a 2 year contract, do we need to have one before the visa is approved (What I mean is that they will ask you to show that you have a 2 year visa before the final approval)? Or is it only a requirement when you apply for the visa?

It is a very good question, and I do not know the answer. Uni staff usually get three years contract at most. Given that the current timeline is more than one year, most of us would have less than two years left, at the time of possible visa approval. I assume (and hope) this should be still fine. Otherwise, universities will complain about this situation, as it was already the case when they removed Uni Lecturer from the MLTSSL list.

Edited by Loktar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Loktar said:

It is a very good question, and I do not know the answer. Uni staff usually get three years contract at most. Given that the current timeline is more than one year, most of us would have less than two years left, at the time of possible visa approval. I assume (and hope) this should be still fine. Otherwise, universities will complain about this situation, as it was already the case when they removed Uni Lecturer from the MLTSSL list.

Yes I hope this is the case. The norm at my uni is one year contracts.

7 minutes ago, chilli888 said:

Hi , 

Same here. Usually , uni contract is for one year unless you have your own grants. I guess the 2 year contract rule are mostly to small business. 

Employers have to express intention to sponsor for 2 years, but dont have to obligation to do that. What is CO expectation to see this intention? Does the employment contract have to be signed for a  definite period of 2 years?

35 minutes ago, Manish9001 said:

Hello guys
Haven’t got any golden email yet but got a silver one
My nomination is approved after 1 year 10 months and 9 days
Occupation COOK
Direct entry Offshore
Nomination applied 17 Nov 2016
Visa applied 30 Nov 2016
Nomination approved 26 Sep 2018

Congrats mate! You are almost there, the end of a super long journey.

48 minutes ago, chilli888 said:

Hi , 

Same here. Usually , uni contract is for one year unless you have your own grants. I guess the 2 year contract rule are mostly to small business. 

My uni will not nominate you for the 186 visa unless you have a three-years contract.

1 hour ago, tocsa said:

Employers have to express intention to sponsor for 2 years, but dont have to obligation to do that. What is CO expectation to see this intention? Does the employment contract have to be signed for a  definite period of 2 years?

I agree. I am not exactly sure however from this forum I learned that employer should provide assurance ( could be in document form) to the immigration that the position will remain for at least next two years after visa grant. 

1 hour ago, Loktar said:

My uni will not nominate you for the 186 visa unless you have a three-years contract.

You are right. Most of the Uni (at least where I belong to) nominate someone for 186 visa if they have 3 year contract.  However, most Uni positions are opened for fixed term of 1 year unless you or your supervisor has grants for at least 3 years.  

12 hours ago, Manish9001 said:

Hello guys
Haven’t got any golden email yet but got a silver one
My nomination is approved after 1 year 10 months and 9 days
Occupation COOK
Direct entry Offshore
Nomination applied 17 Nov 2016
Visa applied 30 Nov 2016
Nomination approved 26 Sep 2018

Congrats Manish

18 hours ago, Eddy101 said:

Our migration agent has us provide a letter confirming we intend for the nominee's employment contract to extend at least two years after the visa is granted

• Like 3

Hi everyone ,

Small enquiry in regards to training benchmark .

as the law has changed for the new applicant applying after Aug 12 (SAF levy),How do the applicants comply with training bench mark applied before aug 12 for the new financial year .My MA tried to get in touch with department as well ,however ,it’s all uncertain .

If any one has any knowledge about it ,Kindly pass on the info .it would be great help to me .

Thanks 

• Like 1