Hi Guys,

We applied in 2017 for PR in June (before changing rules and removing 457), 3 days before Christmas, they rejected our nomination because agent made a mistake with training documents.

We had 457 visa till June 2018, and we applied again end of May 2018 for 186.

Now we are on bridging visa and it's so stressful.

Does anybody have similar situation?

Hi everyone! Just loving these new processing times ?

I had a chat to my MA very recently and she let me know that most of her approvals seem to be coming through between 7-10 months at the moment. Obviously she cant tell me that will happen for me - but it gives me hope! Hope it might do the same for you ?

(TRT, 2people, applied January)

Wishing everyone the best of luck and hoping to hear some good news stories this week!!!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, AlvinQi said:

HI @dschmidt  

I think those cases getting their visa within 9 months are the direct grand with no further files asked from the CO.

If once CO asks for further documents ,the story might be different

my thoughts as well. It seems that the moment the CO asks for further documents, they put your file aside and move on to other cases until they finalize . I doubt that they stop everything the are doing just because the documents earlier requested have been submitted. which makes total sense why some cases could take over a year after submitting documents for the decision to be made. i wish there was any scientific explanation of how immi works urgh!!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Frankiemark said:

What’s the Audit? My owner was requested from a CO for a list of company docs to support the grant of my nomination,does it mean response will take 2-6months? In the end of the letter,there is position number of that senior decision maker? Can we contact them by the position number?

That's not an Audit. Your CO requested more docs from the company. The audit is when an ABF officer makes a request not your CO to the director of the company from his email address and mentions categorically that this is a company Audit for 457 Visa holders, asks for the list of documents to be submitted within 14 days time frame. Your CO may or can request an Audit . 

Only your MA can ring and speak to your Case officer.  Depends on the migration agents. some migration agents have the dept. direct numbers to be honest.  You can't ring and ask for your Case officer as per my understanding. 

25 minutes ago, AlvinQi said:

Hi @EDB07  

How do you get the email reply from the immigration? Which mail address did you send to ask about the situation?

I sent an email to nsw.pse@border.gov.au 

You do wait a week or so for a reply and generally they don't reply if you ask about processing times, update on your file etc.  I received a reply as I asked something about uploading documents or something back then  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

That's not an Audit. Your CO requested more docs from the company. The audit is when an ABF officer makes a request not your CO to the director of the company from his email address and mentions categorically that this is a company Audit for 457 Visa holders, asks for the list of documents to be submitted within 14 days time frame. Your CO may or can request an Audit . 

Only your MA can ring and speak to your Case officer.  Depends on the migration agents. some migration agents have the dept. direct numbers to be honest.  You can't ring and ask for your Case officer as per my understanding

At leat they asked you further docs. My CO just rejected my nomination without asking any docs. The reason for refusal was not enough financial documents provided. CO mentioned not sure if the company can afford me or not (btw company is 25 years old and have over $1.1million salary statement plus approx $100 million turnover. The company also given 457 to 4-5 staff in past).
On 3rd of Sept 2018 they sent an email to migration agents for review of nomination can be sent to a new email address. The catch is If I don't get their reply within 21 days....only option left is to go to AAT. The company accountant took almost 10 days to send the financial docs to MA. My 21 days will finish on monday 23rd Sept. Not keeping any hope ...My MA is preparing for AAT. I am also planning to do another nomination. This whole bloody process will cost me approx $22000 including AAT cost and 2 applicants fee for doing nomination and visa all over again... already lost 10 months waiting for their nomination refusal. 

Can someone add me to spreadsheet please

name: Dags

5 of us

stream : DE

nom app date : 12/08/17

visa app date : 22/01/18

nom grant : 14/11/17

visa pending 

processing team : NSW

comments : received 

Edited by Dags

It is not possible to estimate an individual application's processing time. The Department publishes how long the majority of applications that were recently finalised took to process, but it is a guide only, not a maximum or guarantee:
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/global-visa-citizenship-processing-times

Jan 2018 TRT Nomination and Visa Application.

Nomination approved yesterday.

Visa now further assessment. CO asked for documents and functional English for the partner, all requested documents submitted yesterday and now waiting for VAC2. No idea when I will be contacted by the CO again.

20 minutes ago, LT19 said:

Jan 2018 TRT Nomination and Visa Application.

Nomination approved yesterday.

Visa now further assessment. CO asked for documents and functional English for the partner, all requested documents submitted yesterday and now waiting for VAC2. No idea when I will be contacted by the CO again.

It will take time for sure. MY nomi was approved on 6 july and still waiting for visa granting. Once update to further assessment, CO put the file aside for a while. I tell you this waiting game will be gutted. I feel so frastrated since my nomi was approved. Passing stressful time.

But good news is you are 99.99% sure your visa will come soon.

Good luck to you mate !

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Very good question.

Mine:

Yes i applied PR because of better and quality life in australia. Better future for my kids including education, job and welfare when older aged.

Thank you Kaz for the reply, I think we need to focus on goal rather than processing times.. I am equally anxious like many people (everyone got their own reasons) in this forum but one thing which is keeping me calm is "Hope"... when ever I see "received" I don't get agitated as its not "refused" which many people have received and are in more stressful situation than many of us. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SAJ.N said:

Just found it ?

Can anybody add this to spread sheet?

186 TRT

FOR 2

NOMINATION DATE: 1/06/2018

APPLICATION DATE:1/06/2018

I've added you to June 2018 sheet ?

Edited by EDB07
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ultimatemenace said:

Hopefully I bring some positive news for those in the queue!

Name: Dennis

Persons: 3

Stream : Direct Stream 

Nom app date : 20/01/18

visa app date : 12/02/18

Nom grant : 20/08/18

Visa grant: 20/08/18

App status: Finalized

Its a good news but some have been waiting for 20 mths, some are granted within 8 mths. This is totally ridiculous. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ultimatemenace said:

Hopefully I bring some positive news for those in the queue!

Name: Dennis

Persons: 3

Stream : Direct Stream 

Nom app date : 20/01/18

visa app date : 12/02/18

Nom grant : 20/08/18

Visa grant: 20/08/18

App status: Finalized

Congrats mate!

It is encouraging to see grants for February applicants!

Edited by Loktar

Hi All, 

Is it ok to import application in our IMMI account? I asked my MA but he said NO. He never provide any update, no reply for emails. I understand he will update if application status will change. If we import application in our account, we both can see the progress. Please advise.

• Like 2