15 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Hi guys I would like to share my thoughts and my concerns regarding future application 186 TRN

back to 2015 (I was on student depended visa) I invited one friend of mine to come in Australia  to visit me on a tourist visa.

He was planning to apply for a student visa and he ask me me to find a job for him because he was struggling economically ,so I found a job for him and I texted to his cellphone all the details about the job,hours,money, etc.i told his also to put my address and my details on his boarding pass.

on his arrival, immigration call me and ask me if he’s going to stay with me and if he is coming for tourist reasons .

Officers  made him step aside for further  inspection ,and the seized his cell phone ,obviously the found all the messages from my number and they canceled his visa. And the nightmare starts for me..

2016  my wife found a company to sponsor her  (457 visa)  

we submitted the application,and after 2 months we went overseas for a holiday break.

on my departure when I gave my passport for check, they did further checks ,on my arrival same thing they did further checks ,I asked them with very polite way if something is wrong and the replied all good.

i was afraid the won’t grand me my 457, but after 3 months we receive the grand notifications for all the applicants.

last year we went again for holidays overseas...same story further checks on me.

so my question is , am I flagged ? and is it gonna affect my application for 186 trn

thanks in advance 

Any advice or opinion?

14 hours ago, Micgeo said:

Hi guys I would like to share my thoughts and my concerns regarding future application 186 TRN

back to 2015 (I was on student depended visa) I invited one friend of mine to come in Australia  to visit me on a tourist visa.

He was planning to apply for a student visa and he ask me me to find a job for him because he was struggling economically ,so I found a job for him and I texted to his cellphone all the details about the job,hours,money, etc.i told his also to put my address and my details on his boarding pass.

on his arrival, immigration call me and ask me if he’s going to stay with me and if he is coming for tourist reasons .

Officers  made him step aside for further  inspection ,and the seized his cell phone ,obviously the found all the messages from my number and they canceled his visa. And the nightmare starts for me..

we submitted the application,and after 2 months we went overseas for a holiday break.

on my departure when I gave my passport for check, they did further checks ,on my arrival same thing they did further checks ,I asked them with very polite way if something is wrong and the replied all good.

i was afraid the won’t grand me my 457, but after 3 months we receive the grand notifications for all the applicants.

last year we went again for holidays overseas...same story further checks on me.

so my question is , am I flagged ? and is it gonna affect my application for 186 trn

thanks in advance 

Hi @Micgeo

1) "Am I flagged ?" - Yes, you are flagged. You were the contact person for your friend and you didn't tell the truth to the Immigration. That's bad.

2) "Is it gonna affect my application ?"  - Maybe, maybe not. You've already got the 457 approved. So, don't worry too much about that. If they refused your 186, you can appeal and explain why you acted like that with your friend. My recommendation is to avoid saying that you were not aware that finding a job for a tourist was against the law. "Ignorance of the law excuses no one" and you will lose the appeal. It's up to you to find a good reason to convince Immigration or the tribunal that you acted in bona fide. 

All the best for your 186.

19 minutes ago, Jean Valjean said:

Hi @Micgeo

1) "Am I flagged ?" - Yes, you are flagged. You were the contact person for your friend and you didn't tell the truth to the Immigration. That's bad.

2) "Is it gonna affect my application ?"  - Maybe, maybe not. You've already got the 457 approved. So, don't worry too much about that. If they refused your 186, you can appeal and explain why you acted like that with your friend. My recommendation is to avoid saying that you were not aware that finding a job for a tourist was against the law. "Ignorance of the law excuses no one" and you will lose the appeal. It's up to you to find a good reason to convince Immigration or the tribunal that you acted in bona fide. 

Thanks for your advice,I’m worried about it because I don’t want my family  pay for the  Consequences and have 186 refuse for all of them

47 minutes ago, Jean Valjean said:

Hi @Micgeo

Is that serious reason for 186 refuse even if I had 457 visa approved after that?

16 hours ago, Micgeo said:

thanks in advance 

Why did you try to find him a job when he was coming over on a tourist visa and would have had no right to work in Australia?

Will it effect your visa - who knows, but it was a stupid decision to make.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Micgeo said:

Dependent 457

I don’t think it would affect on your 186 visa as you are going to apply as secondary applicant. As long as primary applicant gets granted then you should be fine. But still immi  may asks any explanition so obviously you can say i managed a part time job on the basis of his student visa application as it was in my mind but eventually he applied tourist visa and i did not know that. Simple.

As your 457 visa approved already so nothing to worry mate. 

Edited by KazBaker

9 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

I don’t think it would affect on your 186 visa as you are going to apply as secondary applicant. As long as primary applicant gets granted then you should be fine. But still immi  may asks any explanition so obviously you can say i managed a part time job on the basis of his student visa application as it was in my mind but eventually he applied tourist visa and i did not know that. Simple.

As your 457 visa approved already so nothing to worry mate. 

Thanks mate 

4 hours ago, Jean Valjean said:

@Micgeo,

You cannot do anything now to undone what happen before. Don't think too much about that. They did not refuse your previous Visa, so just wait and enjoy your life. And don't do anything that might change your status. 

I know i don’t have any choice but it’s very frustrating,specially when they pull me aside every time I’m going and coming from overseas 

13 hours ago, Micgeo said:

I know i don’t have any choice but it’s very frustrating,specially when they pull me aside every time I’m going and coming from overseas 

Hi mate it might be due to passport barcode issue.

it happened to me when ever I traveled with my old passport they said it’s passport barcode 

every time they use to pull me aside and scan their.

when I have got new passport never faced that issue.

It’s not a passport barcode issue, I have a new passport and I had the same problems with my old one.

when we applied for 457,my immigration agent she wrote wrong passport number and wrong date of birth for me in our application ,but after that we provide a 929 form.maybe this is the reason who knows.but possibly I’m flagged 

On 11/08/2018 at 11:05, nikimino said:

then you have to wait until the nomination gets approved. After that, CO will give you the link to pay language fee. 

Hi @nikimino, could you explain to me this "language fee"? Is this requested for 186 Direct Entry as well?

Thank you!

Edited by dschmidt
Text was wrong.

It is for your partner if he/she cannot meet the requirement of English competence. (kids under 18 --- no need)

If he/she comes from english-speaking countries or his/her english can meet the IELTS 4.5 score or equivalence , then give the evidence. So that you don't need to pay the language fee around $4000 to the Australian government.

If he/she cannot, then you should pay the language fee. It is the last step of assessment. When nomination approved, your documents all good, then CO will give you the link to pay  language fee. 

2 minutes ago, nikimino said:

It is for your partner if he/she cannot meet the requirement of English competence. (kids under 18 --- no need)

If he/she comes from english-speaking countries or his/her english can meet the IELTS 4.5 score or equivalence , then give the evidence. So that you don't need to pay the language fee around $4000 to the Australian government.

If he/she cannot, then you should pay the language fee. It is the last step of assessment. When nomination approved, your documents all good, then CO will give you the link to pay  language fee. 

Ah got it @nikimino!

Thank you!!

Hi Guys, 

My employer lodged his 186 nomination over the weekend to sponsor me . My question to all experts here is how long does it take to receive an outcome?? We haven't lodged my employment contract yet. Is there a minimum salary u need to be on? If so can compulsory overtime be included ? 

Thanks guys, u are all legends ?