1 hour ago, Jai12 said:

Plz explain me briefly . I already lodge AAT . There is any chance to win or not . What happens if they attach some other documents after getting my refusal to secure them . Is that possible 

Hi jai, whats ur occupation? 

8 minutes ago, Jai12 said:

Cook

If they have previously approved a nomination with the same set of documents , ur chances to win in aat are high then. Providing extra documents will only make your case stronger . Can u please explain what do u mean by “training benchmark two months ago”in your earlier post?

11 hours ago, Hisham Khan said:

Thanks alot bro. So this is a good news that i should not have to wait for nomination. I can apply for nomination and visa together.

Further i read that employer should have offered position 6 months before applying nomination, to the applicant. Is it true?

And if possible can you please let me know the initial procedure to apply, and what main documents required?

Every employer is different man, but mine offered another 2 years when my first 2 years expired.

talking about docs for nom there is so much, check list can be found on the website, but on top of my head are training papers, organisational charts, position description, group certs, P&L papers, company BAS, overseas PCC, australian PCC. There are more that you just gotta check on yhe website bud. I went through with a MA just to make sure everything go right. 

Good luck man.

23 hours ago, tocsa said:

Hi,

I think this is a typical example for the chaotic immigration situation. There are no clear standards, the rules are changeing constantly, system is under political pressure as well as too much consideration is given to case officers. 

I would talk to the MA of your friend to find out what they did differenlty. What does your MA say about this?

What went wrong with your training benchmark?

I think every migration agents are also very frustrated as us. A lot of newspapers mentioned about how Homes Affairs is in a mess right now.

I fully agree with you. Everybody is frustrated. MA-s face unprecedented situations. There is such a war against immigration that you never know from which side you are attacked. If a CO wants to refuse will find a reason for it. You cant be prepared for every situation.

On 28/07/2018 at 18:01, Jai12 said:

Hi , 

i have one question I applied 186 . They declined my Bussiness nomination cos benchmark training 2 month ago . And they approved friend of mine with same documents I don’t know how come it’s possible . 

Anything possible for them . They just playing games with us. But waiting period killing . Before we waiting to allocate CO for our file and after wait for to  approve nomination. When got refusal then we wait for TO win AAT. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Everyone

Need your help on the following:

The amount deducted from our salaries for MA fees; is it tax deductible? As in, shall I show it under deductions, when lodging tax return?

Thanks!

What do you mean "the amount deducted from our salaries" - why are you getting any fees deducted from your salary? 
Sounds to me that you might have an agreement with your sponsor, whereby they pay for the visa and you pay them back - is that correct? 

1 hour ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Everyone

The amount deducted from our salaries for MA fees; is it tax deductible? As in, shall I show it under deductions, when lodging tax return?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that MA fees are not tax deductible. 

2 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Hi Everyone

Thanks!

Sounds like you have a staff loan?  If they paid the fees and deduct from your wages. 

Staff loan is not a tax deduction for you or for the Employer, but it would not hurt for a Tax Agent to look into this for you.

You can claim a deduction for expenses you incur in managing your Tax affairs (Using Tax Agent)

Edited by EDB07
  • Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 11:31, Jean Valjean said:

Well, the fact someone has not left the country since the last PCC has been released does not prove that in the meantime this person has not been charged for an old crime. 

Hopefully, the fact that the processing time is getting longer and longer might dissuade COs from requesting new PCCs. 

According to Immi website, the validity is 12 months, which is ridiculous because the processing time is up to 18 months ?

Mine expired last month because was issued June last year and I applied for DE February this year.

By the way, only for English and Skill requirements is clearly specified that they must be fulfilled at the time of the application / lodgement.

For Character (and PCC)  there is no specific timeline. 

Yeah - its a pain the Validity and processing times don't match up.

For that reason I have deliberately held off on doing the medical straight away.

I've been waiting 5 months so far -  so going to complete my medical this month.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2018 at 11:45, Rahul1990 said:

Hi, 

my friend told me about This Page nearly 2 years ago and since then I been Silent Follower. One of best thing about this Page is People share information about their Application and that always gives some relaxation and Big hope.

So today I would you to share with you Guys that Finally After 2years of wait I Recieved my not just Golden but Diamond news. Yes Friends, I recieved my PR. 

Sharing my 5 years Journey from 457(trt) - PR(186)

Position- Retail Buyer

457 approved- August 2013

Nomination Lodged (186) - 16 Dec 2015

nomination approved (186)- 25 July  2016

Visa lodged(186) - 26 July 2016

file Allocated (186) - 22 June 2018

Domunent Requested- Medical  and AFP

186 Granted - 18 July 2018

i hope my good news gives you all some hope and strength. 

Good luck with your visa. 

That is amazing, congratulations. I lodged my visa and nomination on Jan 23 2017. Been waiting now for 19 months. Yesterday I heard that when your previous visa is not about to expire you are not priority, can you confirm when was your previous visa meant to expire. I hold a 457 that won't expire till march 2020, is it possible I will have to wait till 2020 to get the first correspondence from the department? Any info would help, cheers

Hello,  I lodged my visa and nomination on Jan 23 2017. Been waiting now for 19 months.

Yesterday I heard that when your previous visa is not about to expire you are not priority, can you confirm when was your previous visa meant to expire. I hold a 457 that won't expire till march 2020, is it possible I will have to wait till 2020 to get the first correspondence from the department? Any info would help, cheers

STREAM: 186 DIRECT ENTRY

Nationality: Italian (LR) and Portuguese (LR)
Ielts score :8.5 main applicant and 6.5 dependant
Nominated occupation : Graphic PP Trades-person
ON-SHORE
Application submitted for both visa and nomination : 23 Jan 2017
Number of applicants : 2 
I believe the occupation is no longer on the list.
ALL DOCUMENTS Submitted - No correspondence from IMMI since application date 

2 minutes ago, Totto said:

That is amazing, congratulations. I lodged my visa and nomination on Jan 23 2017. Been waiting now for 19 months. Yesterday I heard that when your previous visa is not about to expire you are not priority, can you confirm when was your previous visa meant to expire. I hold a 457 that won't expire till march 2020, is it possible I will have to wait till 2020 to get the first correspondence from the department? Any info would help, cheers

Bro I dnt think it has to do anything wth tht. I waited for my grant for 30 mnths. Out which 28.5 mnths I was on bridging visa A. My visa expires next month whn I lodged mine. So I dnt think there is any truth behind tht. There are lot of people who got their pr even whn they hav other visa left for another year or more. Hope this helps u 

• Like 1

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!!!!

VISA GRANTED!!!!

Lodged: 21/12/2017

Visa: 186 Direct Entry

Grant Date: 31/07/2018

No info asked for, assuming nomination and visa granted at the same time - logged onto my Immi account and saw status changed to Finalised, clicked Messages and saw the grant!!

Could not be happier!! Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else, I totally understand how frustrating it is waiting but I trust you'll all get your good news soon!!

Edited by pzuk
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1