1 minute ago, hpaille said:

I think you mis-understand the figures. The processing time is not 11 to16 months. It means that 75% of applications are processed in less than 11 months - in other words, the majority of applications are processed in less than 11 months. I do not deny that it is long and a painful wait, but saying that the processing time is between 11 and 16 months is misleading.

No.... for DE its changed to 11-16 months on our immi log in/application.

So i read that as 75% are done within 11-16 months ...

It has increased so much this month...its unreal ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hpaille said:

I think you mis-understand the figures. The processing time is not 11 to16 months. It means that 75% of applications are processed in less than 11 months - in other words, the majority of applications are processed in less than 11 months. I do not deny that it is long and a painful wait, but saying that the processing time is between 11 and 16 months is misleading.

Its just how we say it on this forum. We know about the 70 /90.

1 minute ago, Bellabonkers said:

Is that up or down for you?

DE is a 4 month increase!

That's a more then 30% increase on the waiting time in just 1 month... LIKE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????

Unfortunately increased for everyone...

• Sad 1

Just now, Bellabonkers said:

That's a more then 30% increase on the waiting time in just 1 month... LIKE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE????

I'm DE, so it's a big change. But as I said before, I suspect it's due to the increase of applications started in April/May 2017 when a lot of people rushed in sending their applications. I myself have rushed and decided to apply through DE because I wasn't sure the TRT wasn't going to be an option for me anymore. If the number of DE has increased substantially in april, I kind of understand that the processing times varied (and could vary even more in the upcoming months).

That said, I still hope I won't have such a long wait ahead of me, but I've been waiting for just 4 months, I can't understand the frustration of who applied maybe in 2016 or early 2017..

4 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

@Parkesy

Thats up by one month. Every time I get to the 70% mark it goes up by at least a month!

30% increase is nuts. 

How hard is it to manage the pipeline and be more accurate?!? Complete joke

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, martec said:

I'm DE, so it's a big change. But as I said before, I suspect it's due to the increase of applications started in April/May 2017 when a lot of people rushed in sending their applications. I myself have rushed and decided to apply through DE because I wasn't sure the TRT wasn't going to be an option for me anymore. If the number of DE has increased substantially in april, I kind of understand that the processing times varied (and could vary even more in the upcoming months).

That said, I still hope I won't have such a long wait ahead of me, but I've been waiting for just 4 months, I can't understand the frustration of who applied maybe in 2016 or early 2017..

I don't buy that at all.

There are basic maths involved here with margins of error and correction predictions attached that would go into the formulation of the processing times. They (and we) are well aware of the influx of applications so Im not sure why these times are so susceptible to change. They should have been factored in better.

It lacks logic.

Edited by Parkesy
  • Like 1

Just now, Parkesy said:

I don't buy that at all.

There are basic maths involved here with margins of error and correction predictions attached that would go into the formulation of the processing times They and we are well aware of the influx of applications and when so Im not sure why these times are so susceptible to change, They should have been factored in better.

It lacks logic.

the alternative is that those numbers are just calculated like this

giphy.gif

which can absolutely be the case

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I have written one letter to the Department to stop working on all the files. We want the Labor Government to work on the files. Because this Bull-Dutton government is not capable to handle jobs. So guys if you see next month, the estimated processing time is 15 to 18 months. Dont worry. 

15 hours ago, Sunny3174 said:

thanks for your reply mate, well CO contacted my lawyer today he approved my nomination today but could not grant the visa coz he asked me another AFP again arrggg.

i have a last name issue, it appears together ( first name and last) on my passport but separate on other docs so he wants another AFP which should show my given name and lats name ,

i hope it make sense.

Does any one knows the quickest way to get AFP?  my friend says i can do it through broker or agencies by paying some  extra coins, but he doesn't have much info.

anyone knows ? 

THANKS guys 

Immi has sent you the link of AFP  in the checklist they sent. just use that link. It's the better way to do it and it only take 7 days normally to be mailed to you. 

that increase is huge, especially for DE...they should offer a refund of the fees if you applied and the waiting time increases by more than 20-30%. We all knew that the time could increase/decrease, but technically they could increase it to 4-5 years, and we wouldnt have any options other than to wait or leave empty handed. The increase is making me reconsider how much longer we stay here as second class citizens paying a first-class fare; NZ or Canada are looking more and more attractive. Shame

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Today's update.

A bad news. Why they increasing time day by day? They don't have enough staff members to handle applications?

Screenshot_20180515-114243_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes, they cut off 300 staff few months ago.

The thing is if all applications are met the timeline then we all fine. But we don't know where we are as no specific rules.

I still hope that this is a default timeline that posted for all recent 186 applications and not apply to the backlogs. 

Cheer up everyone, nothing we can do rather than be patient and wait.

This waiting time means nothing except for how disorganised they are. The changes every month are so big for DE .. we went from 10-15 to 9-12 to 11-16???? So all we know is what we already knew: we can get our PR tomorrow as well as 12 months from now 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

that increase is huge, especially for DE...they should offer a refund of the fees if you applied and the waiting time increases by more than 20-30%. We all knew that the time could increase/decrease, but technically they could increase it to 4-5 years, and we wouldnt have any options other than to wait or leave empty handed. The increase is making me reconsider how much longer we stay here as second class citizens paying a first-class fare; NZ or Canada are looking more and more attractive. Shame

I agree. I have to go back to the UK for my brothers wedding, my best friends wedding, my 30th birthday plus both the hen parties in May next year... This means i will have a 4 month break from Oz (and after 5 years away from home at that point it will be a welcomed holiday which i am very very much looking forward too) ....anyway, i was hoping my PR would have come through by then- considering i would have been waiting for 2 years at that point but now i'm concerned.

1 hour ago, cristinamia said:

Hey guys! have a read and smile uncomfortably...scream if you need!

http://www.iscah.com/wp_files/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Migrationprogram2018.pdf

Congrats to all that got it ... and to the rest.. RESIST! And may the odds be ever in your favour!!! 

Is this meant to be financial year to year or calendar? Its not very clear at all.

Im assuming its financial..

Edited by Parkesy