Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to all recent visa grants. I too am waiting, and have been since November 2012. It's getting so very frustrating to be waiting for so long. This is a great forum, and there is at least some comfort in knowing that we're not alone. Just thought I'd share my timeline, and I'd be curious to know if anyone shares the same one:

DRC Application

Lodged: 29th November 2012

Acknowledgement: 30th November 2012

Waiting: 20 weeks, 5 Days

We're using an MA, who perhaps set my expectation incorrectly by predicting the process would take 8 weeks. Anyway, hopefully not much longer now.

Good Luck to all!

Hey guys it has been a long six months but my PR finally got approved! So hang in there ;)

Nomination: 6 August 2012

Application:11 October 2012

nomination approval: 29 January 2013

Visa approved: 19 April 2013

Mine was non DRC...case officer did not contact me or anything just received an email with the grant letter.

Thanks to everyone who posted their timelines in this forum...kept me informed and motivated that my application was moving along. Cheers!

Hi,

I just need to ask a quick question,

my partner is on my 457 as my defacto, my employer is now submitting the nomination forms for me for the 186, are they still able to include my partner on or does he have to go down his own route to get PR.

I was hoping we could apply in the same format as the 457

​any advice would be appreciated

Hi,

I just need to ask a quick question,

my partner is on my 457 as my defacto, my employer is now submitting the nomination forms for me for the 186, are they still able to include my partner on or does he have to go down his own route to get PR.

I was hoping we could apply in the same format as the 457

​any advice would be appreciated

You include him as a dependant/spouse/partner on your application, the same as the 457.

**This is an automated response. Please do not respond to this email**

Email Updated on 23 April 2013

ALLOCATION TIMEFRAMES

We will no longer be publishing allocation dates by processing centre as we are using a number of strategies to manage the caseload more efficiently. Generally we are managing allocations via the following:

Priority 1: Decision Ready, complete applications in ANSCO 1 & 2 occupations (by date of lodgement)

Priority 2: All other Decision Ready applications (by date of lodgement)

Priority 3: ANSCO occupations 1 & 2 requiring further documentation (by date of lodgement)

Priority 4: All other applications by date of lodgement

Agents should ensure that applications are as complete as possible at the time of lodgement. Case Officers may contact them with another opportunity to provide information if the case officer considers they require further information in order to make a decision. Contact by the case officer is by no means automatic or required under legislation.

We are working through our large caseload in the most efficient manner possible and thank you for your patience during this busy period.

Bull$^#*!

Proof that immigration have scrapped allocated timeframes and now heavily prioritise DRC applications.

All respect to migration agents but giving them the golden ticket to much faster processing times is quite simply ridiculous, especially when its done retrospectively.

Dep. of Immigration.....you are the bane of my existence!

Hello everyone..

It is with great pleasure I would like to inform everyone in this forum know that I got my residency not through ENS 186 but my prior 886 visa application made in Oct 2009.

186 Application/Nom 31st Dec 2012 (NON DRC)

Ack Received same day.. no update after that..

After getting the visa i enquired if i can get a refund they said i cannot..

Lost 9 grand in this process..

I wish everyone in this thread good luck!

This is a very good thread where i felt a sense of belonging..

The wait was cruel but may be there is lesson in it which i might realize later in life..

Edited by samurtuza

Finally ENS 186 permanent residency visa granted and timeslines (5 and a half months) as follows:

Application : DRC - (Nomination + Visa) Application put together on 12 Nov 2012 through MA in Parramatta Office

Acknowledgement : 5th Decembar 2012

Nomination approved : 5th April 2013

PR Visa granted : 29th April 2013

All the best and good luck to each one of you. This site has been very useful in tracking timelines.

After reading of a cluster of visa grants recently I got my own notification yesterday that a CO had been assigned!

However my MA tells me that the CO has asked for further documentation...a copy of my husband's marriage certificate from his previous marriage. They already have a copy of the divorce documents; I said "that's odd, why would they think he went to the trouble of a divorce if he hadn't got married in the first place!" :arghh:

Oh well, just need to wait for a copy to be mailed over from the US now ......

As an aside, does anyone know whether the CO will collate everything they want and ask for it at one time or whether they do it piecemeal? I just have this horror that I'll get hold of the marriage cert, send it to them only to find another request comes back for the dog's birth certificate or some such.

Hi All,

Our PR visa was granted today. Here is our updated timeline:

DRC Application (front loaded)Lodged: 29th November 2012

Acknowledgement: 30th November 2012

Updated Documents requested (956 & 80): 24th April 2013

PR Visa Granted: 3rd May 2013

Process Duration: ~5.5 months.

So very glad that our wait is over. For those of you still waiting - hang in there, it will be worth it in the end.

Good luck everyone.

Guest mari78

Hello everyone,

ENS 186 visa (Temporary Residence Transition stream) was finally granted on 2nd May.

Here is our timeline (Melbourne office):

ENS Nomination lodged (Non-DRC): 9th Nov 2012.

Visa Application lodged (Non-DRC): 7th Dec 2012.

Visa Application Acknowledgement letter: 20th March 2013

Nomination approved: 1st May 2013

Visa approved: 2nd May 2013

We were contacted by the CO on 1st May. He requested 2 certificates:

- Australian police certificate, though we had already uploaded it at the time of lodgement. So we just sent it again.

- UK penal clearances (our's expired in Feb 2011) or the evidence that we had not been back to the UK for more than 2 months since the expiry of the clearance. We sent a copy of the relevant pages of our passports showing the arrival and departure stamps for all countries we visited since Feb 2011.

Good luck everyone!

WOOOOAAAHHHHHHH!

Our MA has just called us - VISA GRANTED

2 months yesterday from application to grant - mind blowing!

We're IT, Paramatta DIAC office. Front loaded with medicals and police checks.

​Application and Nom in 4th March 2013, acknowledged 5th March, no notification that case had been allocated, granted TODAY!!

Our MA was Sanja janjic at Fragoman.

Congrats to everyone who got their approvals!

Many of you do not specify in your approval post whether you chose the DIRECT ENTRY or TRANSITION. This would be very helpful (atleast to someone like myself who is struggling to decide!)

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/184661-opinion-needed-ens186-transition-stream-direct-entry-stream.html

Keep the faith everyone!!

The ENS processing is starting to gain momentum although processing times are still a bit erratic.

As a guide I have had approvals recently ranging from 6 weeks from date of lodgement (nom and visa) up to about 5 months.

It might have been discussed before, but how advisable is it to send DIAC an email yourself although you have applied through an MA, chasing up the application or an update?

As per previous rumours DIAC tend not to like that..

Although these approval timestimes are really sporadic, congrats to everyone who has got approved recently, but it is very disheartening to see no order of approval from DIAC..arrrrggggghhhhh Frustrated!

can i ask when do employers get the TRN as employer lodged nomination last week and i want to start filling in application and submit once police checks from uk are back, if anyone knows, thanks

Hi,

I would also like to know how long it is taking for the employer to get the TRN number (offshore currently in UK). Employer lodged nomination couple of weeks ago. At what stage can we submit our visa application? Do we have to wait for the nomination to be approved before we lodge? Thanks in advance just getting a bit confused and keen to get things moving as quick as possible. Employer said nomination could take 3-6 mths for approval? When they have this is this the stage when medicals/police checks would be needed?

Thanks

Angie :-)

We applied under the direct entry ENS 186 on the 1st September 2012 8months and 1 day later we were granted PR visa. We know others exactly the same employer/visa that it has take 7 weeks from applying to granting so no real continuity at all. We nor have the others used a MA

All I can say is it was such a relief to wake up to that email! Looking forward to arrivng in Perth around the 25/26th August 2013 :)

Hello everyone,

I've been following this forum ever since I've lodged my VISA application and I really appreciate every single reply from the members. So A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL!!

I've got so much information out of this forum and that's the only reason I wasn't able to impede myself from sharing my timeline with you guys.

My MA just rang me today in the morning with the great news that my PR have been granted. Please see below my timeline:

ENS Nomination & VISA Application lodged: 28th March 2013

ENS Nomination & VISA Application acknowledgement: 28th March 2013 (incl. Bridging VISA A)

ENS Nomination & VISA Application approved: TODAY (8th May 2013)

Front loaded with all police checks and medicals. Direct entry - DRC application - Melbourne office. No notification that case officer has been allocated, all of the sudden SURPRISE you're now Permanent Resident ;) hahahaha

Took exactly 6 weeks - wooohooo!! Its a huge relief. I guess I am one of the few members who got approval in this short span of time. Now, I can say "money worth spent on MA".

Well Good Luck to all awaiting applicants and wish you'll get decision on your application very soon!! "WALK IN FAITH n YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!"

just got told by C/O that she would grant my visa as soon as my son's medical be cleared.

And the medical result was uploaded onto eHealt yesterday, any one knows how long it takes to clear out?

Wondering the same.

Hoping a few days but could be a week or two. I guess it depends on your CO and what they are currently doing, some go on leave for a week occasional.

Finally got my visa granted today after an epic wait of 15 months (or 467 days)! Thanks pomsinoz for being a great resource and good luck to all those waiting.

Visa: ENS 186

Method: 186, Non-DRC, Direct Entry

Timeline:

Applied for Nomination - 30/01/2012

Nomination Granted - 20/09/2012

Applied for 186 Visa - 25/09/2012

Case Officer Assigned - 30/04/2013

Meds and Police Clearance Submitted - 08/05/2013

Visa Grant - 10/05/2013

Owen :ssign19:

Hi, Just wanted to share my 186 time line.

Had medicals, UK & AFP police certificates ready pre application.

Nomination submitted 30th Jan 2013

Visa applied for 6th Feb 2013

ACK, Bridging Visa Issued etc 6th Feb 2013

Nomination Approved 2nd May 2013

Request for Form 80 6th May 2013 - Form completed and scanned same day

PR Visa Granted on the 7th May 2013

I did all the work myself, did not use a migration agent or do the decision ready check. I applied under the agreement stream, had been here for 18 months on 457. Was really happy to be approved in three months ! It really helped to see everyones timelines on here, so thought i would share mine !