I think the calculation of waiting times are pretty straightforward to understand. As stated, it’s timelines across the visa type in brackets of 75% complete and 90% complete, with that extra 10% allowing room for (potentially extreme) outliers. It’s more a question of what is the strategy as far as I’m concerned.

Based on what is published regarding the post-April influx, i think it's likely a case of keeping those 75/90% brackets looking respectable. Presumably that’s what is audited.

If the whole workforce had stopped to purely focus on the 16k applications from June, just imagine what impact that would have had on those 75/90% timeline brackets. It’s utterly unfair, and a huge stress and uncertainty for those in that pack I’m sure, but there is some sort of skewed logic to why DIBP would need to do it.

Edited by millski88

19 minutes ago, millski88 said:

I think the calculation of waiting times are pretty straightforward to understand. As stated, it’s timelines across the visa type in brackets of 75% complete and 90% complete, with that extra 10% allowing room for (potentially extreme) outliers. It’s more a question of what is the strategy as far as I’m concerned.

Based on what is published regarding the post-April influx, i think it's likely a case of keeping those 75/90% brackets looking respectable. Presumably that’s what is audited.

If the whole workforce had stopped to purely focus on the 16k applications from June, just imagine what impact that would have had on those 75/90% timeline brackets. It’s utterly unfair, and a huge stress and uncertainty for those in that pack I’m sure, but there is some sort of skewed logic to why DIBP would need to do it.

No one said it was difficult to understand, they are making it pretty clear that they have started to process more recent applications in order to keep their processing times down. Its just extremely frustrating for those who have been waiting for a long time to get on with their lives and are being made to wait up to two years for their applicartion to even be picked up.

3 hours ago, Fida said:

I think thye mostly ask for new married couples or recent  say a year or 2 old couple in a relation...Just a thought

I have been with my partner for 6 years and we have been on the same student visa (applied together and at the time provided some evidence) since 2014...

Hi Everyone
I have been a silent reader of this forum since lodging my visa in October. I'm hoping I can offer a glimmer of hope for everyone waiting. My PR arrived yesterday, my immi account went from 'Received' straight to 'Finalised'. My timeline is below, my application was 'decision ready' at the time of lodgement

Low Risk
1 applicant
Transition
Lodged 23/10/17
Finalised 13/02/17
I completely empathise with everyone waiting, good luck to those who have been waiting ages. 

Congratulations. All the best.

Hi guys

Finally after what feels like forever.... we got the phone call this morning from our MA that our PR was granted.

Our timeline ....

Direct Entry
6 Applicants
Low Risk

Nom lodged 21/8/16
Visa lodged 22/8/16
Medicals 6/9/17

Updated Australian Police Checks uploaded on the 26/7/17

Documents requested on the 28/11/17

Documents submitted 21/12/17 (excluding passport as it was delayed because of Xmas time hols)

Sons passport uploaded on the 24/1/18

Docs requested were ....

Form 80(for myself as we just done one for hubby as he was main applicant.)
Updated Passport for son which had expired.

Visa finalised 14/2/18

The feeling of sheer relief is awesome, mixed with happiness I can’t explain the feeling esp....after over 18 months waiting. I wish everyone on this forum good luck esp whose have been waiting so long.

Awesome news. Congratulations. All the best.
  • Like 1

My MA told me this a while ago. Of course with Immi everything is unpredictable however apparently they do wait 28 days to reopen your file, even if you deliver the documents 2 split seconds after the request.
I submitted my requested documents within 5 days and my visa got approved in a week

6 minutes ago, ropar said:
16 hours ago, Deh said:
My MA told me this a while ago. Of course with Immi everything is unpredictable however apparently they do wait 28 days to reopen your file, even if you deliver the documents 2 split seconds after the request.

I submitted my requested documents within 5 days and my visa got approved in a week

Guys , does anyone know which month of 2017 that they are processing at the moment? TQ

1 hour ago, millski88 said:

I meant I dont understand the strategy. They still need to put a dint in that period irrespective of volume - i just wonder how their overall processing strategy is going to tackle the elephant in the room.

And who audits them??

• Like 1

Any Accountant TRT got your visa granted recently? I saw there was one granted yesterday (applied in March 2017)... I am still waiting (applied in early Jun 17 TRT) and hopefully this occupation will move faster this month and the months to come.... 9 months by the end of this month :(

Edited by LYWY

3 hours ago, ropar said:
20 hours ago, Deh said:

Hey my friend.

After you submitted the documents, I supposed you (or your migration agent) clicked on the button "Information Provided" on the ImmiAccount website. Did you also call them or e-mail them to notify that the information requested have been submitted??

Hey my friend.
After you submitted the documents, I supposed you (or your migration agent) clicked on the button "Information Provided" on the ImmiAccount website. Did you also call them or e-mail them to notify that the information requested have been submitted??
No

20 minutes ago, LYWY said:

Any Accountant TRT got your visa granted recently? I saw there was one granted yesterday (applied in March 2017)... I am still waiting (applied in early Jun 17 TRT) and hopefully this occupation will move faster this month and the months to come.... 9 months by the end of this month :(

I'm in May 2017. We will hopefully get it PR soon!!

9 minutes ago, KYO said:

I'm in May 2017. We will hopefully get it PR soon!!

Yeah!!! Hopefully by the end of this month!!! Mine was lodged on 1st June :D and I saw accountants' applications have been really slow in the past few months.... so I got excited when I noticed there was one granted yesterday :)

• Like 1

Hello, does anyone here knows if the processing times for 186 direct entry vary according to occupation . I submitted the application for 186 direct entry on Jan 21 2017 as a graphic post press tradesperson , also this occupation apparently is no longer on the list. Does anyone knows if this affects the application and / or processing times? Thanks in advance for any info. Been waiting for 13 months and my lawyers have not been contacted once ! The only thing my lawyers always say is to wait. This uncertainty is nerve wrecking. Any advice would be appreciated