By ManonamissionHi All,
First timer here, so be kind...
I'm a UK resident married to an Aussie Wife, we have been together for 9 years or so. Married for 2.5 Years.
We have one 18month old little boy, with another one on the way. Due around July.
The time has come, and we plan to head back to Aus in December.
From what I can see, we will be able to get the kids Aus citizenship by descent, and this shouldn't cost too much, around £230 plus £95 for Additional newborn.
I, on the other hand, will have to jump through the usual visa hoops and pay around 7k AUD.
The waiting time appears to be around 11 months if applied in the UK and 22months in AUS.
I'm interested in advice to see if there's a better way of doing things as if I apply here and don't get my passport or visa back in time for me to fly in December, then I might be better off flying out on a tourist visa, and then applying to stay as such.
I would also be interested if anyone knows if there's a cheaper or better way of my doing things, as my wife and two kids i will all be citizens, will they still charge me 7k for the privilege, I thought a while back they use to do free or cheaper visa's if you had young children etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
By TeaPigHi all,
I posted a while back on this forum and you lovely people were quick to get back to me and help me out, thank you!
I am 33, from the UK and in a relationship with an Australian citizen and plan to move to Sydney Feb 2018.
This year I have been talking with Australian companies with the intention of getting a sponsored visa 186/187 to work in Australia. With the abolishment of the 457 and new visa implementation I have been told that many companies are not keen to take this route.
I have been in a de facto relationship with an Australian Citizen for 1.5 years so our last resort will be to apply for the partner visa. I will go to Australia in Feb on a 3 month holiday visa and thus onto a bridging visa once the partner visa has been submitted.
The industry I work in (engineering) is booming right now so I am still hopeful to acquire sponsorship if possible and am in the process of applying for jobs and sending off CVs/Cover letters from now until my holiday visa runs out which will be in May 2018.
These are some questions that I cannot seem to find definite answers for, hopefully some of you can help me out!
I have a one way flight booked in Feb and will be travelling in on a 3 month holiday visa. I have been told that having a one way flight might be reason for them not to let me in the country as they could be concerned I will try and stay? Also have read that if I am entering the country on a holiday visa that I should mention nothing of myself trying to find work or living with my partner. Keep everything to the fact I am coming for a holiday, get into the country and do what I need to after that. What are your thoughts? If from now until the 3 month holiday visa runs out (May 2018) I am offered a job that comes with nomination/sponsorship, can that visa be submitted whilst I am already in the country on a holiday visa? Would they need to wait until it has expired to apply for a sponsored visa? could I leave the country and re enter once it is submitted to go onto a bridging visa? Any other comments or questions you have for me, please fire away! If anything here does not sound like an efficient way of getting to work and live in Oz please also let me know your thoughts
Thanks in advanced for you help, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
By TJBA little help please. We're in the process of getting everything together for a 186 visa (found an employer in Aus). We're hoping to lodge our visa by Feb/ March the latest.
Could you please let me know what documentation will be needed? Birth certificates etc. My husband was previously married around 15 years ago so will we need his decree absolute? And do the police checks need to be submitted at the time of lodging? What other documents do we need?
Thank you for your help
By ntiverHi guys.
I'm on a 457 (which expires Jan 2018), and my employer and I submitted our 186 application in July. I would just like to know what options are open to me should either part of the application be refused (either my employer's sponsorship or my application)?
There are a few questions regarding whether immigration will be satisfied that we meet the training requirement, as a lot of our training is provided free by our vendors, although as they are worldwide, we do incur significant travel expenditure to attend (greater than 1% of payroll) which I know can be counted towards the benchmark.
If however we're refused, what are my options? I only have about 6 weeks left on my 457 before the Bridging Visa kicks in. Can I appeal against a refusal? What about other types of visa? Can I get a study visa and go to uni instead? What options are there which mean I can stay here? I just can't bear the thought of having to leave my partner and family here in Australia and go back to the UK - I've been here for 3+ years and built a life here :-(
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
PS: Owing to age and education I can't reach enough points to qualify for a 189 visa, so that's not an option