I have applied for 186 Direct entry visa on Sept 2016 both nomination and PR application on the same day, still the case has not been assigned to the CO.
Even contacted the immigration office but they don't provide the timelines.
Has been really a long time and now I am bit worried. Did anyone face this similar situation?

Don’t worry mate. We are here waiting since August 2016.
We will definitely get a positive outcome at last as I haven’t seen any rejection waited for long time on this forum. So be positive and sit back and relax [emoji4]

9 minutes ago, Sunny3174 said:

Oh yea that's good to know that someone's got the visa, 

given us a hope , it's been over 6 months since we've applied and really hoping by next month.

what sorta doc did they ask for ? 

Some additional financial documentation on my company. Notrhing too major, but enough to allow me to spend 8 days wondering! 

I think it really makes no big difference between onshore and offshore applications. My friend was approved as software engineer in 8 months, applying offshore. Another friend got 187 visa approved today after waiting 5 months, also applying offshore, occupation is sales. So Currently immi just pick up cases randomly.

• Sad 1

Just now, stellagee said:

I think it really makes no big difference between onshore and offshore applications. My friend was approved as software engineer in 8 months, applying offshore. Another friend got 187 visa approved today after waiting 5 months, also applying offshore, occupation is sales. So Currently immi just pick up cases randomly.

Have applied for independent gsm too??? I am also thinking on the side .. could u plz tell me is it possible to lodge two files together 

Hey everyone!

Stumbling across this forum and the spreadsheet has been awesome tonight! Can someone point me in the direction of any rules / guidelines for adding myself to the spreadsheet?

My partner and I have the particularly fun conundrum of a property acquisition being moved ahead by 4 months (great news if you're not waiting on a visa!)  alongside a June application after the May announcement -> meaning that what appeared to be a likely settle as PR is now a gamble depending on our appetite for risk on how long the visa will take (FYI we're aware of FIRB and have covered our bases appropriately!). The difference is a huge chunk of change...

Cheers,

GBo

19 hours ago, GBo89 said:

Hey everyone!

Stumbling across this forum and the spreadsheet has been awesome tonight! Can someone point me in the direction of any rules / guidelines for adding myself to the spreadsheet?

My partner and I have the particularly fun conundrum of a property acquisition being moved ahead by 4 months (great news if you're not waiting on a visa!)  alongside a June application after the May announcement -> meaning that what appeared to be a likely settle as PR is now a gamble depending on our appetite for risk on how long the visa will take (FYI we're aware of FIRB and have covered our bases appropriately!). The difference is a huge chunk of change...

Cheers,

GBo

Hey,

You can add your details on the spreadsheet here, just pop all your information in and update it if you hear anything from a CO :) good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1244798606

17 hours ago, cachinnation23 said:

Hey,

You can add your details on the spreadsheet here, just pop all your information in and update it if you hear anything from a CO :) good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit#gid=1244798606

PomsInOz recently developed a visa tracking site so members can use this to update their own visa timelines and see the timelines of other applicants.  One big advantage vs. a spreadsheet is that no one else can modify your information so it can be more accurate.

https://www.australia-visa-timelines.com/

Hi everyone, I have been silently followed this forum and find it very helpful. So I hope someone here can help me with this question.

i have just been granted PR but my MA insists that I need to work for my employer another 2 years because it will cause me trouble when applying for citizenship. they will check employment history and may not grant citizenship if I dont work for my employer 2 years post PR. Have anyone here got any idea about this? 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Jacaranda91 said:

Hi everyone, I have been silently followed this forum and find it very helpful. So I hope someone here can help me with this question.

i have just been granted PR but my MA insists that I need to work for my employer another 2 years because it will cause me trouble when applying for citizenship. they will check employment history and may not grant citizenship if I dont work for my employer 2 years post PR. Have anyone here got any idea about this? 

Thank you

Kindly share your timeline .. your occupation , which date u applied your visa and nomination and under which stream?? 

Yes we should work for 2 years .. if your employer notifies immi that u are not working ,, can cause u trouble .. I would say listen to your migration agent as they are experts 

1 hour ago, Jacaranda91 said:

Thank you

Your MA is right if you were granted a DE 186 visa. Opposite to the 457 transition to PR you have to work at least 2 years with your sponsoring employer AFTER your PR was granted on a DE. However, my MA also told me that DIBP has no resources allocated to follow up  and cancel PR visa if you decide to leave your employer as it is common practice but it's legally not correct and yes it might affect your citizenship application. 

2 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

PomsInOz recently developed a visa tracking site so members can use this to update their own visa timelines and see the timelines of other applicants.  One big advantage vs. a spreadsheet is that no one else can modify your information so it can be more accurate.

https://www.australia-visa-timelines.com/

I already made my profile there 

Your MA is right if you were granted a DE 186 visa. Opposite to the 457 transition to PR you have to work at least 2 years with your sponsoring employer AFTER your PR was granted on a DE. However, my MA also told me that DIBP has no resources allocated to follow up  and cancel PR visa if you decide to leave your employer as it is common practice but it's legally not correct and yes it might affect your citizenship application. 

I think this is applicable for direct entry and transition, no?
It's a general rule related to the 186 visa

8 minutes ago, Yvi said:

I haven't seen such employer restriction to work for 2 years after PR is granted anywhere on the DIBP website stating PR visa will be cancelled. 

12 minutes ago, Ranjeet said:

I haven't seen such employer restriction to work for 2 years after PR is granted anywhere on the DIBP website stating PR visa will be cancelled. 

It is not a restriction, it is the main condition of the 186 DE visa which also must be part of your employment contract handed in to DIBP with your application. You don't find everything on their website, that's why I would advise everyone to get an immigration agent, even better an immigration lawyer because they can advise you of legal consequences what agents are not always doing.

1 hour ago, Yvi said:

It is not a restriction, it is the main condition of the 186 DE visa which also must be part of your employment contract handed in to DIBP with your application. You don't find everything on their website, that's why I would advise everyone to get an immigration agent, even better an immigration lawyer because they can advise you of legal consequences what agents are not always doing.

For the 187 visa the two years is a requirement even after the visa is granted.

For the 186 you only need to have the INTENTION to work for two years at the time of application. You can change your mind of course.