Hi

I received the “Golden email” yesterday, informing me that my Permanent Residency has been granted. My wife and I are over the moon, but even more so as we are expecting our first child in December (who will now be Australian). :D

My heart goes out for all the people still waiting, particularly those who submitted in 2016. Stay strong and support each other.

For anyone who is interested, my timeline is as follows:

LR – 186 Transition – 2 people – Hydrogeologist

Submitted the application “decision ready” = 10/04/2017

Received an odd request for a “permanent contract” from the DIBP = 04/10/2017

My agent responded to the DIBP = 05/10/2017

Nomination and Permanent Residency was granted = 30/10/2017

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 6

Hi
I received the “Golden email” yesterday, informing me that my Permanent Residency has been granted. My wife and I are over the moon, but even more so as we are expecting our first child in December (who will now be Australian). [emoji3]
My heart goes out for all the people still waiting, particularly those who submitted in 2016. Stay strong and support each other.
Thanks,
Samuel

Congratulations

1 hour ago, Sam_R_Brisbane said:

Hi

I received the “Golden email” yesterday, informing me that my Permanent Residency has been granted. My wife and I are over the moon, but even more so as we are expecting our first child in December (who will now be Australian). :D

Thanks,

Samuel

Congratulations! 

Hi , eli87... I have exp like you . I am also cook full time . My Cheff interview they did , few answer not same . Unbelievable document I submitted . Sorry to say but they refuse my ens and again I apply new applications which is now approved 
What is your timeline dear? I also applied for cook but still waiting

Apparently they have given priority to TRT, while many DE applications have been waiting from 2016.

I don't think priority is given to transition based on the spreadsheet.
First, there're more transition applications.
Direct entry applications can obviously require more time in terms of assessment (they're also reviewing the skills)
And we don't know how many DE people have applied from offshore. This information was not available on the spreadsheet. I guess offshore applications takes more time.. which make sense for me [emoji5][emoji5]
However, I think we don't have enough information to draw any trends between all applications or streams [emoji5]
  • Like 2

Hi guys, I have lodged my 186 TRT since two months ago.. I have a question, will the officer ask every payslip of my previous working place including overseas or they will mainly concern the payslips during two years on the employer as the one who nominates my
PR??

Thank you!

3 hours ago, bobobz said:

Hi guys, I have lodged my 186 TRT since two months ago.. I have a question, will the officer ask every payslip of my previous working place including overseas or they will mainly concern the payslips during two years on the employer as the one who nominates my
PR??

Thank you!

As you`re applying for trt, immi`s gonna ask the payslips from your current employer. 
My MA uploaded all the 2 years payslips at the time of application. 

2 person application (heavy vehicle mechanic) 

nomination submitted 1 Dec 16

granted 22nd May 17

appliction submitted 11 Sep 17

what sort of timeframe are we looking at for anything to change ?

my 457 was granted in 11 days lol praying to the gods this will be a quick turn around to ?

Hi ropar .. I apply nomination in June lsat year and got approved in 8 feb 2017 . Then I apply visa application only on 7 may 2017 ... from that date , no news yet .. TRT stream 
My nomination got approved in nov 2016.. visa applied on 3rd jan 2017.still waiting .direct entry stream, rsms

4 hours ago, Mr Stinson said:

2 person application (heavy vehicle mechanic) 

nomination submitted 1 Dec 16

granted 22nd May 17

appliction submitted 11 Sep 17

what sort of timeframe are we looking at for anything to change ?

my 457 was granted in 11 days lol praying to the gods this will be a quick turn around to ?

Your nomination has already been approved so I guess you might get an answer very soon. You can have a look at the spreadsheet (and add your information :) )

Finger crossed mate! :) 

My 457 was also granted in 4 days... 321 days for my PR and still no news. Don't compare with me, it seems I'm just very unlucky... :S:D

I finally plucked up the courage to call Immigration today as I have now reached 11 months waiting. Phone was answered surprisingly fast, they asked for my file number and simply said "It has not been allocated yet, you are still in the queue". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Still hoping that this call may make them open my file. Gotta keep the hope.

Hey buddy

Can you please tell me on which number did u call?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Praveen Reddy said:

Same here mate☹️

Really?

you both onshore?

did think it would take that long, I really need it to come through soon as I’ve been offered a better job with almost 2/3rds more money 

problem is although the company said they are willing to wait for my PM to come through rather than changing sponsors 

i really don’t think anyone is willing to wait that long ? so stuck in 

limbo at the moment 

9 hours ago, Manish9001 said:

Hey buddy

Can you please tell me on which number did u call?

Thanks

Hi @Manish9001 I rang them on the number mentioned in the acknowledgement letter, instead of Department's generic contact center number (where the normal wait time is >60 mins, from experience). You can find the number mentioned at the footer of the letter. It may take few tries before the number is picked but the response is quicker. Hope this is helpful. 

On 31/10/2017 at 19:25, Rubybhullar said:

Hi ropar .. I apply nomination in June lsat year and got approved in 8 feb 2017 . Then I apply visa application only on 7 may 2017 ... from that date , no news yet .. TRT stream 

Hey 

I applied my visa and nomination on 17 may 2017 in motor mechanic occupation .. 186 transition .. 

what is your timeline , occupation and visa . Kindly share .. thanks 

Hi guys,

For those waiting onshore, I am not sure what is the impatience and rush. You are already here and probably under a bridging visa if your substantive visa already expired, so you just have to wait for a decision to be made. Being patience always pays back, so relax, get a drink and keep living your days as usual.. I am about to embark on the same boat as we will be applying for the visa very soon so I know it is a long wait and I will just wait for the decision patiently.

Edited by JonnyP
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JonnyP said:

Hi guys,

For those waiting onshore, I am not sure what is the impatience and rush. You are already here and probably under a bridging visa if your substantive visa already expired, so you just have to wait for a decision to be made. Being patience always pays back, so relax, get a drink and keep living your days as usual.. I am about to embark on the same boat as we will be applying for the visa very soon so I know it is a long wait and I will just wait for the decision patiently.

:)

Those who are waiting onshore... have a life here... We have a job, friends, apartment, maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend, etc... And we can lose everything...which make things worse compared to those who have never been to Australia... :)

Anyway this is not a competition between onshore and offshore applicants :)

And I guess we're waiting patiently... We just complain sometimes... :) :D:P

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ozdream1 said:

:)

Those who are waiting onshore... have a life here... We have a job, friends, apartment, maybe a boyfriend or girlfriend, etc... And we can lose everything...which make things worse compared to those who have never been to Australia... :)

Anyway this is not a competition between onshore and offshore applicants :)

And I guess we're waiting patiently... We just complain sometimes... :) :D:P

Haha well said @Ozdream1

• Like 3